DJI have created something truly amazing.
1369 8 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Aside from all of these awful shipping delay issues, it goes without saying that DJI have created something that could quite possibly be the best drone out there right now, the Mavic. Mostly because of it's size and portability. I love the Phantom 4 as well as the Yuneec Typhoon H (Intel RealSense), but those much larger drones are more for commercial users in acquiring professional shots. What DJI understands is that there are people out there who don't have cars for transport, and would simply like a small, solid and well-built aircraft, with features built-in similar to a Phantom 4, that they can take around wherever they want, with as less hassle as possible and fly at a moment's notice (within 5-10 seconds) without attracting too much attention.

For myself, size and portability are two of the most important things to take into account when going outside with a drone, at least if you don't have transport of your own, and are taking public transport and walking to places of interest. I've had the utmost pleasure of going outside with a Phantom 4, being put in a Manfrotto BP-D1 backpack, for around a month or so, and while the flights at my points of interest were incredible, to say the least, the journies of actually getting to these places via public transport were just not comfortable at all.

I'm not saying that the Mavic is the perfect solution to the size and portability issues of the Phantom 4 and the Typhoon H, but having the Mavic simply erases the idea of going out with a large backpack on your back the entire day, that is what I love the most about the newer and smaller drone. It's equal to the size of a water bottle when folded.

I have to praise DJI for the efforts in making this Mavic drone, truly an astonishing accomplishment. Leading the drone flight industry at this point. If it weren't for the unfortunate shipping issues and other bug-related in-flight issues, everyone who have ordered would be very pleased with their drones right about now. I know that much.

I think the massive amount of orders that have came in for the Mavic further proves my point that the Mavic Pro is the #1 must-have drone right now.

DJI Mavic Pro 1.jpg
DJI Mavic Pro 2.png
dji-mavic-pro-drone.jpg
2016-11-6
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

Well said.
2016-11-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After owning a mavic for a few days I do agree that it is amazing but after a few flight I'm starting to have issues, I recommend anyone who owns a mavic not to fly far or aggressively until the issues people are having are ironed out.my issues is with the DJI go app disconnecting in flight.
2016-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-6 13:16
After owning a mavic for a few days I do agree that it is amazing but after a few flight I'm startin ...

So you got it good, what issues are you experiencing, you obviously like it and are confident it will be ironed out.
Good luck..
2016-11-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-6 08:24
So you got it good, what issues are you experiencing, you obviously like it and are confident it w ...

I think I may have gotten a faulty lightning cable which may have caused the go app to disconnect during flight. I tried a different cable and all seems well.
2016-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-6 13:33
I think I may have gotten a faulty lightning cable which may have caused the go app to disconnect  ...

Well spotted thanks for that will follow see how you get on..
2016-11-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-6 21:33
I think I may have gotten a faulty lightning cable which may have caused the go app to disconnect  ...

Worth checking the seating of the cable as well. I find it fiddly to plug in the lightning cable on the Plus size iPhone.

I've flown a few 3Km+ flights and so far no problems. Handling is pretty good. Better than I expected given how light the craft is.
2016-11-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Well said. This is a great hiking cam.
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Here's a very informative YouTube video by YouTuber "Ready Set Drone" that gives a really good look at the Mavic Pro both idle and during flight. Highly recommend watching this one if you haven't already. Was uploaded onto YouTube a week ago. It's such a beautifully designed aircraft, built to perfection. Wish the gold coloring of the word 'Pro' and the stripes on the casing were silver though, would look a bit nicer imo. But that's just a very small complaint with it's design. I love the Mavic Pro.

2016-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules