MAVIC Pro : Sport mode Switch
20661 15 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft
United States

Be carful guys check the Sport M switch before you fly . This is not the 1st time after I take the controller out of the box I notice The switch  is on the Sport M ., nothing telling me on the controller LED screen or GO app that I'm in Sport M ... It was on ATTI mode than it went to GPS Mode .

Everything looked normal luckily I looked & cheked . it might confuse the aircraft .
I hate to say we should disabled multi flight mode but you might have to for now until you get use to this new sweet controller.

Something I learn today I want to share with you guys ! Fly safe
2016-11-6
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

I just noticed mine was in sport mode, i had no idea it was, the screen and controller said nothing, but the switch was in sport.
I noticed when i was packing my stuff in my bag. I was wondering why i was going 40+ mph, since i've had it, lol.
2016-11-6
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

I just flew again, with switch in normal mode, and then switched to sport mode, and it showed up on the screen as sport mode.
Even though it was in sport mode before it wasn't actually flying in sport mode, from what i see.
2016-11-6
Use props
Skyler King III
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1387582 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can I tell if the switch is in sport or P mode?  I cannot see any writing or designation on mine.  So how should the switch look in P mode?
2017-1-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something to consider, would be checking this switch before actually taking off. This would be part of the pre-flight checklist.
2017-1-23
Use props
FlyHighX
lvl.2
United States

The airlines use checklists for everything and I plan to use a checklist for flying my UAVs as well.  Although some items may seem obvious, it's often the obvious items we miss when we're rushed or tired.  The owners manual has some suggested pre flight items to inspect but I've added a few that I think are important.  I keep it on Google Keep and I can run through it before each flight.  Feel free to use this list and if anyone has any items that should be added to it, please let me know.

DJI Mavic Pro Checklist

Battery Fully Charged (Controller, Drone, mobile device)
Remove Gimbal Cover And Clamp
Unfold Arms
Verify Sensors Clean
Check Propellers
Set Control Mode to "RC"
Set P-Mode
Set Failsafe Altitude
Motors Function Normally
DJI GO 4 App Successfull Connection
2017-1-23
Use props
fans1e57373c
New
Flight distance : 26184 ft
United Kingdom

Just got caught by this !   As a newbie, had decided never to touch sport mode until much more experienced. Therefore didn't check this switch, and was confused as couldn't find any of the clever fly modes.  It would help if there was a clearer warning that this switch is in sport mode. Either that, or make it revert to normal at power up.
2017-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyHighX Posted at 2017-1-23 18:48
The airlines use checklists for everything and I plan to use a checklist for flying my UAVs as well.  Although some items may seem obvious, it's often the obvious items we miss when we're rushed or tired.  The owners manual has some suggested pre flight items to inspect but I've added a few that I think are important.  I keep it on Google Keep and I can run through it before each flight.  Feel free to use this list and if anyone has any items that should be added to it, please let me know.

DJI Mavic Pro Checklist

Here's a link to my check list, designed for commercial, but covers most things you need for flight prep and post flight.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-4-8
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

No worries. Even if you start with the sport mode switch on, it will be in GPS/Opti mode until you flip the switch down, then back up. Guess DJI designed this as a safety feature.
On the landing side, I always flip to gps/Opti mode and bring the Mavic down with the back green light facing me. That way all control movements are intuitive and slow. Especially important when landing in tight areas.
2017-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

but you might have to for now until you get use to this new sweet controller.

Is there a new controller?
2017-4-8
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

You can disable it in the go app by turning off Multiple Flight Modes
2017-4-8
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Easy way to know: in sport mode, proximity sensors are disabled, the icon on DJI app is thus red
2017-4-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

What fans06b77ccc said is correct; DJI implemented a safety feature so that if the RC is in Sport mode when you start up, the Mavic will not actually be in Sport mode. It will remain in Normal mode (GPS/OPTI/ATTI)
2017-4-8
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Skyler King III Posted at 2017-1-23 16:48
How can I tell if the switch is in sport or P mode?  I cannot see any writing or designation on mine.  So how should the switch look in P mode?

Skyler,

You can tell by holding the controller as if your flying --- if the switch is down its in P-Mode
if you move the switch up it will be in Sports-Mode
Note :  Sometimes when taking the Phone or Tablet in and out of the holder , the support arm on the same side of the switch will rub against it causing it to go into Sports-Mode unknowingly     
2017-4-8
Use props
PROMOLOZO
lvl.1
United States

I checked mine before finding this post and saw mine was switched to sport mode lol im a new pilot and thought the MP was flying a little fast.
2017-8-5
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

No offense, but if you didn't reax the manual enough so that you didn't know about Sport Mode you were asking for trouble.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules