Controller issue
1221 10 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecophobic
lvl.2

This video explained some detail causes i havent heard of yet. If its true that could be quite a deal breaker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMZ5fvDrpcE&sns=em

2016-11-6
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft
United States

This is the first DJI drone that fly using WIFI . Does this technology have  something to do with this issue ? Check the WIFI -RC switch ?

I have  had a Mavic for 2 weeks now it flies smooth . The controller has no issues so far . I don't know maybe they rushed the productions & I'm afraid with this pressure & Complaints from people it will make DJI want production go fast and it might cause quality issues .
2016-11-6
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Interesting video. I think he has it nailed, but is wrong on one point. He thinks it's hardware, and not software, but I disagree.

When he is moving the sticks, and they get "stuck" off center... You will notice that all the values DO return to zero... I believe the stick reads correctly, but due to a software bug, is evaluated incorrectly, or is being onfluenced by another source. I do not believe that the magnetic controls are at fault. The problem is, in my opinion, in the firmware of the controller.

In short, if it was the magnetic sticks, tbe number values would get "stuck" along with the off center dot, but that is not the case.
2016-11-6
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft
United States

Wrong way to point the antennas . Just saying
IMG_8780.PNG
2016-11-6
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

F.C Drone City  Posted at 2016-11-6 17:36
Wrong way to point the antennas . Just saying

Anoyher good observation. One would think that everyone would know by now that this is wrong. They should both be up, and parallel.
2016-11-6
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Wonder who's kid that was when he was showing the yaw flutter. Maybe he could have been a little closer.
2016-11-6
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

So the sticks are sensed through magnetic sensors??
2016-11-6
Use props
BBMach
lvl.1

United States

Not sure who made the first video but here is mine doing the same thing.  I had antennas in the proper place also.
Sorry for the bad video
2016-11-6
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

i wonder.....does the joystick mode have anything to do with these issues?  I wounder if the people that were experiencing them would have the same result on a different mode.  Albeit, no one should have to change a mode to fix an issue, but just a thought.
if someone brought this up already and tested it out let me know.
2016-11-7
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Can somebody with this issue try the simulator. It seams obvious than if it's a controler issue only, it should happen. Why nobody is trying. WE need to know. I don't have mine yet but i'm planing on loging few hours on simulator  before flying it.
2016-11-7
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

F.C Drone City  Posted at 2016-11-7 07:11
This is the first DJI drone that fly using WIFI . Does this technology have  something to do with th ...

The Phantom 2 Vision & Vision+, along with the Phantom 3 Standard & P34K all flew using WiFi technology.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules