Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
abnormal gimbal vibration
40591 30 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air Maestro
New

United States

I am getting a message on my App Screen when flying that says Abnormal Gimbal Vibration.  I tried calibrating the camera.  Still get the error.  Is this from the wind?  I do not have the plastic dome around the camera so I was thinking maybe the wind was causing vibration.

TIA
M

2016-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please make a short video of your gimbal or take a photo of the gimbal?
Also, please post a screenshot of the error message here.
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Possibly because of the wind. Try switching into sport mode so that the motors speed up and give your Mavic Pro a fighting chance against it. Those motors may be small, but they're powerful.

There may be an issue with the motors in your gimbal. Have you tried removing the protective piece that's inserted into the gimbal? It's easy to forget about removing it before flight. May be blocking the gimbal from moving in place.
2016-11-7
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If you go to this website,
Mavic issues and fixes
there is a section "jello in mavic pro video", where they show a picture of a protruding kind of arm that holds the mount in position. it can sometimes slip out of place due to rough land etc. Check if your mount is secure.
DJI_Mavic_Gimbal_Jello_Fix_correct.jpg
2016-11-7
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hi,
Do check the tab behind the camera locked under plate, see below site post no.7
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/m ... l-need-to-read.765/
They have 3 photo's, the last photo is showing a tab above a plate.
2016-11-7
Use props
Air Maestro
New

United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-7 10:11
Hi,
http://mavicpil ...

Thanks!  That seemed to help.  There is actually a little clip behind the camera that it came free from.  Getting the tab back under the clip in the back seemed to do the trick.
2016-11-8
Use props
7NQ5bIdbiYzI
New

United States

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-7 09:36
Mavic issues and fixes
there is a section "jello in mavic pro video", wh ...

My gimbal keeps coming  dislodged  on take off and moves forward causing tremendous vibrations.
2016-11-13
Use props
ChuckNBlades
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85489 ft
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-7 09:11
Hi,
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-gimbal-issue-you-all-need-to-read.765/

Thanks for this.  I was able to repair my gimbal after it got dislodged following a rough landing.
2016-12-10
Use props
Typhon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone have a fix for the abnormal gimbal vibration warning? My new mavic has had it since first power on and I've tried calibrating everything and have checked to make sure my gimbal is seated correctly which it is but can't get it to go. It also suffers from the dreaded  "jello"  during video too, help required
2017-1-20
Use props
Typhon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Typhon Posted at 2017-1-20 16:35
Does anyone have a fix for the abnormal gimbal vibration warning? My new mavic has had it since first power on and I've tried calibrating everything and have checked to make sure my gimbal is seated correctly which it is but can't get it to go. It also suffers from the dreaded  "jello"  during video too, help required

So is no one else getting this warning? Would seriously like to sort this before having to send it back After waiting so long for the bloody thing
2017-1-21
Use props
Typhon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-6 22:12
Hi, could you please make a short video of your gimbal or take a photo of the gimbal?
Also, please post a screenshot of the error message here.

Hi Mindy, do you know of anything else I could try to rectify abnormal gimbal vibration please? Calibrations don't seem to work
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Typhon Posted at 2017-1-21 14:31
Hi Mindy, do you know of anything else I could try to rectify abnormal gimbal vibration please? Calibrations don't seem to work

Is the firmware up to date and what kind of temperature were you flying in?
2017-1-23
Use props
Typhon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-23 03:10

Hi Mindy, yes firmware is the latest and I wasn't flying, I get abnormal gimbal vibration error when the thing is sat still and warm! I've heard back from your DJI repair centre so hopefully get it fixed now, just a shame I got to send it off after a week
2017-1-24
Use props
Photo VI
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

Well damn, I need some help.  Two week old drone which flew great at first then I did an auto take off yesterday and, with my hands off the joy sticks. it moved forward and crashed into a wall.  I was able to straighten the horizon back up but I am getting a warning saying I'm getting abnormal gimbal vibration.  In checking the sample video I shot I am getting the jello effect.  What can you suggest?
Thank you!

2017-1-25
Use props
Photo VI
New

U.S. Virgin Islands

Photo VI Posted at 2017-1-25 08:27
Well damn, I need some help.  Two week old drone which flew great at first then I did an auto take off yesterday and, with my hands off the joy sticks. it moved forward and crashed into a wall.  I was able to straighten the horizon back up but I am getting a warning saying I'm getting abnormal gimbal vibration.  In checking the sample video I shot I am getting the jello effect.  What can you suggest?
Thank you!

I found the problem with gimbal thanks to this site:  http://www.droningon.co/2016/10/ ... with-dji-mavic-pro/
the gimbal was not on the rear hook because of impact.
Would still appreciate your thoughts as to why it moved forward upon launch.
2017-1-25
Use props
fansc24b3198
lvl.2
United States

I had this problem on my first flight out of the box!! If youre having this problem, watch this guys video!
2017-2-25
Use props
EJP
New

United States

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-7 06:36
Mavic issues and fixes
there is a section "jello in mavic pro video", where they show a picture of a protruding kind of arm that holds the mount in position. it can sometimes slip out of place due to rough land etc. Check if your mount is secure.

Had similar issue as the OP and your pictures solved my problem   Thanks!
2017-3-5
Use props
fans338cb0af
New
Flight distance : 217746 ft
Brazil

Cesinha Hansen
Mar 30, 01:55 CST

good afternoon!
I come to my of this to inform that after a firmware update my camera stopped working the same was changing in its representative of Brazil Drone store number of the 1522 being that the same continues with defect gimbal vibration abnormal and with jello for what I have been fishing and By the same error. I need a support because I paid and still not resolved, I'm waiting to contact you, thank you.Cesinha Hansen
2017-3-29
Use props
Dougdeu
New
Flight distance : 152349 ft
United States

fansc24b3198 Posted at 2017-2-25 12:09
I had this problem on my first flight out of the box!! If youre having this problem, watch this guys video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ#t=139.973379

Thank you! I had looked at the images at the start of this thread - just showed the front tabs - which were in place. The rear tab was dislodged -- your video saved the day!
2017-4-21
Use props
klemenok
New
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-7 07:11
Hi,

Yes !   That is a great suggestion because when I ran my Mavic into the house at 40mph, the front gimbal tabs were off.  I fixed them per the post above this one....and I still had ABNORMAL VIBRATION.  I saw that the back gimbal plate was knocked out of position and I fixed it.....and the errors went away.  

When I hit the house, the back arm over-rotated up and broke the plastic tab on what they call the "saddle".  It's the small plastic piece that keeps the back arms from going past a flat horizontal position.  On that one, I just loosened the top shell and used super glue and an overnight clamp to repair.  Works fine.  

From now on.....I full respect those warnings about breaking distances, etc.  They are not joking !
2017-5-3
Use props
klemenok
New
United States

fansc24b3198 Posted at 2017-2-25 12:09
I had this problem on my first flight out of the box!! If youre having this problem, watch this guys video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ#t=139.973379

Really good video.  I went into sport mode after a whopping 45 min of experience because that's what real men do.  Hit the house doing about 45mph....what you describe is exactly what I did.   Playing it a little safer from now on !   
2017-5-3
Use props
CaliMale
New
Flight distance : 18753 ft
United States

klemenok Posted at 2017-5-3 10:09
Yes !   That is a great suggestion because when I ran my Mavic into the house at 40mph, the front gimbal tabs were off.  I fixed them per the post above this one....and I still had ABNORMAL VIBRATION.  I saw that the back gimbal plate was knocked out of position and I fixed it.....and the errors went away.  

When I hit the house, the back arm over-rotated up and broke the plastic tab on what they call the "saddle".  It's the small plastic piece that keeps the back arms from going past a flat horizontal position.  On that one, I just loosened the top shell and used super glue and an overnight clamp to repair.  Works fine.  

I did the EXACT same thing
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI User1953
New

India

This might help
https://youtu.be/En2KaDAawGE
2017-12-31
Use props
janp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167178 ft
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-23 03:10

Hi,

Does the temperature have an effect?
I just had the same issue, but it's around freezing point.

tx

jan
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Generally yes, when below 0c
2018-2-7
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

I had this error after a tumble into a snow bank and found that the gimble had become unsecured from a little plastic lip on the drone.
2018-2-9
Use props
bnsfengineer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6811 ft

United States

Hi,

You just saved me!! I called DJI and they immediately said to send it in and all it was is the tab behind the camera came out of position!! THANKS for the great post!!
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

Hi,

that is exactly what happened to my MP, got it to go back and voila things are back to normal, thank you!
2018-5-18
Use props
lychee_boy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41831 ft
Singapore

Had similar issue however i was using the "low-noise" blades. swapped them out for the original blades that were shipped with the unit, issue resolved.
2018-10-14
Use props
fanscb2ccf36
New

United Kingdom

Hello all! I am also getting abnormal gimbal vibration. This is probably my 6/7 flight. I haven't had no crashes. I have recalibrated my gimbal but I still get the abnormal vibration. the tabs are inside and not sticking out and the bit behind the camera is underneath the black thing. Ive only had this error message come up yesterday, there was high winds whilst in flight but the camera whilst taking pics didn't seem to be effected. the plastic covers have been removed during flight. I didn't have this issue when I was taking it for short flights when I first bought it. any ideas what could be wrong?
2019-8-13
Use props
Hedkandi86
New

United Kingdom

fanscb2ccf36 Posted at 8-13 04:23
Hello all! I am also getting abnormal gimbal vibration. This is probably my 6/7 flight. I haven't had no crashes. I have recalibrated my gimbal but I still get the abnormal vibration. the tabs are inside and not sticking out and the bit behind the camera is underneath the black thing. Ive only had this error message come up yesterday, there was high winds whilst in flight but the camera whilst taking pics didn't seem to be effected. the plastic covers have been removed during flight. I didn't have this issue when I was taking it for short flights when I first bought it. any ideas what could be wrong?[view_image][view_image]

SORTED! Turns out it was the “low noise” propellers I had on. Swapped it back to the original propellers and everything is fine. Not sure if the problem is due to the propellers or because the propellers aren’t dji brand
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules