Dji Customer service disaster. Sorry, my mistake
1584 13 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2da4c8b6
New

United States

I received my mavic 14 days latr, missing the front two propellers. I really wasnt all that pissed as ive launched products before with more demand then planned and nobody is perfect.

I contacted dji online chat immediately to just request they send me replacement props.  Online chat stated they where just for pre sales and gave me an email addy for post sales support.  Emailed them, their reply is that i need to email tech support.   I do so and they reply asking for a picture which i reply with.  They reply that since its out of the box that i need to contact pre sales support via online chat.  Why did thet request the picture of the drone obvuosly its out of the box if im reporting the props where not included

What the hell is going on here.  Ive lost my patience that i started with.  With customer service like this i held off on placing an order for an osmo
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Just respond with genuine answers to whatever they ask about the Mavic, and you should have your replacement propellers sent soon. It's already known that DJI have rushed production on some Mavic Pros, that's why there's been a few members on here posting about problems with their newly acquired drones. Blurred lens issue, odd control behaviour, spinning out of control, poor range, etc. Early days with the Mavic Pro yet, firmware updates and later revisions to the aircraft model whilst in production are in-bound.
2016-11-6
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curious if you looked all through the box, the back 2 propellers come mounted but the front 2 are somewhat hidden in the box from what I've read.
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-7 10:38
Curious if you looked all through the box, the back 2 propellers come mounted but the front 2 are so ...

That's correct. If you go to the 10:09 mark in the YouTube video below, you'll notice that the propellers, put in black-coloured pouches, are slightly hidden underneath... a piece of black cardboard from the looks of it. So yes, make sure to check that box out completely before going further with DJI Support.

2016-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your email address?
I'll help to escalate it for you.
2016-11-6
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's sound frustrating.  Did you double check the box per the video?  I'm sure someone DJI on the forum will help.
2016-11-6
Use props
fans2da4c8b6
New

United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-7 10:38
Curious if you looked all through the box, the back 2 propellers come mounted but the front 2 are so ...

My email address is chrismio@hotmail.com
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans2da4c8b6 Posted at 2016-11-7 07:45
My email address is chrismio@hotmail.com

So is that a no on finding the props in the box? Seems odd considering there are actually 4 props in the box and 2 mounted on the Mavic.
2016-11-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I think he is now to scared to say "I found them"  and goes on with the story :p

Yeah, others also haven't found it immediately on the box. Funny if he did find them under the padding.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I edited the title, for other users PLEASE look at the IN THE BOX literature. The Mavic comes with a total of 3 pair of props.
2016-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 16:02
I edited the title, for other users PLEASE look at the IN THE BOX literature. The Mavic comes with a ...

Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to loose his props, or miss his lunch. Lol
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ken, maybe you can create a sticky that says the Mavic comes with 3 sets of props, and then explain where they are. I wasn't aware of the spare set until recently as I don't recall reading that it included that. That post might help people that don't realize that black piece of cardboard is hiding them.
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

There was a lot of misinformation when it was initially released. I talked to inline sales asking them if the combo would include 3 batteries total, 2 in the combo and 1 with the Mavic. They told me no, it's only 2 total which is why I didn't order the combo in the beginning and instead ordered the Mavic and 2 spare batteries which I probably won't see the batteries until next year.
2016-11-7
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Funny thing. The shape of the packaging inside the top flap of the box indicates the packaging was designed to ship with the front props on. I think they put them under for 2 reasons. 1) easier to close the box lid if you don't have to align props, 2) to force people to learn how to install and remove props. If it is the 2nd reason... That is smart on the part of DJI. Too many people just taking the drone out of the box and goong straight to the skies.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules