3710 19 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc0422ce4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851542 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I've read many threads where people complain that Mavic lost control, started rotating and crashed. I do not believe that compass calibration is the issue, because it seems that pilots are aware of how important calibration is and recalibrate a lot. I also think that metal objects are not confusing the calibration. It seems like problem with mavic itself.

Still, I have my preorder and I want to try Mavic. When I preordered I did not realize that Mavic itself could potentially sometimes be faulty. So now I regret not buying DJI Care Refresh package. But since preorders have not shipped yet for so long, it seems fair to have an opportinuty to still buy DJI Care Refresh. I did not start using my drone, I do not even have an idea when it will be shipped. So technically I could cancel my preorder, get money back and make a new order with DJI Care Refresh. But this will take a lot of time. It would be great if I could just separately buy Care Refresh for my existing order. Is there an option to do that, can I pay for Care Refresh while my Mavic has not shipped yet?
2016-11-7
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

You can get Care Refresh when your Mavic comes in. Your going to need the serial number to register it with DJI and that's when you can get the Care Refresh. That's how I understand it works when purchased from other venders than DJI.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans7a2e56fd
lvl.1

Canada

http://store.dji.com/dji_care_infos/active

This section is only for customers who have already purchased a DJI Care Activation Code. If you have not already purchased a DJI Care Activation Code, please return to the Official DJI Online Store to purchase a DJI Care.

Reminder: DJI Care Activation Codes are only available for DJI products meeting the following requirements:
  1. Brand new aircraft
  2. Aircraft activated less than 48 hours
More Information
2016-11-7
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

fans7a2e56fd Posted at 2016-11-7 08:49
http://store.dji.com/dji_care_infos/active

This section is only for customers who have already purc ...

The part I don't understand is the activated less than 48 hrs. OK, I understand what it means, but what if your waiting till spring (it's in the closet) and it's never used or activated till then? I guess I'm asking, Can you wait a while to activate the Mavic or do you have to do it as soon as you get it?
2016-11-7
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

It's because they tie the SN of the Mavic they send you, with the DJI Care Refresh.  You can always purchase the DJI Care Refresh when you receive your drone, as you need the SN.  Just purchase and activate it when you receive it.  Honestly DJI should of just upped the price on the Mavic and included it anyway.
2016-11-7
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-8 01:05
The part I don't understand is the activated less than 48 hrs. OK, I understand what it means, but ...

The point of the 48 hour requirement is that they don't want people to fly the Mavic, crash it, then activate the DJI Care.

With that said I have read that you can purchase and activate DJI Care later than the 48 hours and you need to send a bunch of information and documents to DJI including a video and photos of the current state of the drone.

I would think that if you would ever need the coverage, it would be when you are new to the platform.
2016-11-7
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I think the question is this:  What constitutes "Activation" of the Mavic?  Does it reach out and talk to DJI the first time you turn it on?  Do they use the confirmed delivery date as their 48-hour start time?  What if you wrap it up and give it to someone 2 weeks later for a January birthday?  Can you still buy within 48 hours of opening the Mavic and turning it on?  What triggers the 48-hour timer?

Gary
2016-11-7
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-7 13:44
I think the question is this:  What constitutes "Activation" of the Mavic?  Does it reach out and ta ...

Exactly what I was thinking. I buy a Mavic, it comes in December, I then put it away until spring never turning it on. Since it was purchased through an eBay seller, the serial number isn't already in the DJI data base like it would be if you bought it directly from DJI. Therefore, when I activate it in the spring, DJI registration system will know it's a new one that has yet to be activated. Now I have 48 hours to purchase the Care Refresh. Anyway this is how I understand it works. Or at least should work.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-8 02:44
I think the question is this:  What constitutes "Activation" of the Mavic?  Does it reach out and ta ...

Activation is needed before the first flight. So by powering it on does not activate it, you need to complete the activation process then it will be activated.
The 48hr start time is from when it's activated, not delivered to you.

http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
Capture.JPG
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-8 04:20
Exactly what I was thinking. I buy a Mavic, it comes in December, I then put it away until spring  ...

I would think it doesn't matter how old the aircraft is, as long as it's still new non-activated I would think you can still purchase Refresh. And if you ordered Refresh with the Mavic order, your 12 months Refresh doesn't start until you activate the aircraft.
BUT, please ask your questions by emailing djicare@dji.com to be certain.
2016-11-7
Use props
EZTropical
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303734 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

I do not understand, why are you trying to CHEAT THE SYSTEM ??  WHEN you get the Mavic you have 48 hors to pay the $100.00.  If you cannot afford the $100.00  you should not have this cool toy !
2016-11-7
Use props
Amima42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 851542 ft
  • >>>
Russia

So from what I understand in this thread, I can buy DJI Care Refresh after I get my Mavic, during the activation process. This is perfectly what I was looking for. Kudos to DJI for the great support and easy and very logical process of purchasing the insurance package. I will now feel much safer and will be happy to use Mavic without any worries.
2016-11-7
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Amima42 Posted at 2016-11-8 08:13
So from what I understand in this thread, I can buy DJI Care Refresh after I get my Mavic, during th ...

Correct.

As DJI mentioned, you must Activate the Mavic on your first flight with the Serial Number in order to fly, from there you have 48 hour window to purchase the DJI care.

I was looking for the same question, so good to see it asked and answered.
2016-11-7
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

EZTropical Posted at 2016-11-7 18:39
I do not understand, why are you trying to CHEAT THE SYSTEM ??  WHEN you get the Mavic you have 48 h ...

I'm not sure how this would constitute "Cheating the system".  It's a simple matter of timing and availability.  If you can tell me exactly when my Mavic will arrive, I'll give YOU $100!  So, this is a simple matter of clarification for those of us who may be gone on Christmas break or otherwise unable to "activate" and purchase the DJI Care package.  Hell, I'd buy it now, but I don't have my Mavic.

The other issue is gifting.  There are numerous reasons why "I" may not be the one purchasing the DJI Care.  Maybe I want my favorite nephew's dad to decide if he wants to be responsible for the future care/repair of his son't Mavic and not me.  Maybe I just want to make sure that the gift is well-received before spending the extra money.  People have December and January birthdays... hell, considering the demand it wouldn't be surprising for someone to have ordered day 1 for their daughter's APRIL birthday.  So, there are plenty of reasons why the Mavic may sit, unboxed or untested, for a period of time before it is activated.

I love when people go off and say things that make them look like an ass when all they have to do is stop and think for a moment.

As a new-to-be drone owner, I had no idea what "activating" involved.  Thanks to DJI-Ken, I'm now more educated.  To imply that My or anyone else's intent was to "cheat the system" is a bit of a rush to judgement without any facts to back it up.  And your statement about financial affordability speaks for itself.

If I have somehow misconstrued your intentions, please accept my apology.  Otherwise, stop trying to beat people down to make yourself look better.
2016-11-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 16:19
Activation is needed before the first flight. So by powering it on does not activate it, you need  ...

Thanks Ken.  I appreciate the clarification.
2016-11-8
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Per Ken-DJI's  suggestion, I sent this inquiry to DJI support about the ifs and buts of Care Refresh.

DJI Care,
I'd like to know if I buy a Mavic in late November and it doesn't get here until December. Now, I'll wait for Spring another three months until I use it or register it.
Question is:
Can I put the Care Fresh on it then (Spring) even though I've had it for four months, but haven't used/registered it.

I'm assuming I can since it hasn't been registered yet and it's new.

DJI Support reply Below:

Justin Liao (DJI)

Dear Jake,

Thank you for contacting DJI Care.
You can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the drones under below conditions:
· Brand-new and unactivated aircraft.
· Activated less than 48 hours.  

So, if you purchased it in late November without having it activated, you will be able to purchase DJI Care Refresh for it in the next Spring.
But I will suggest to purchase the drone next Spring together with the DJI Care Refresh in the same order.

Hope the above information will help you.
Have a nice day~

Best Regards,
Justin Liao
DJI Technical Support
2016-11-8
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222867 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 22:19
Activation is needed before the first flight. So by powering it on does not activate it, you need  ...

Hi Ken,

follow-up question: Can you use the simulator with a non-activated aircraft?
I might use the simulator during the winter months, so no chance of crashing the Mavic and start to fly for real when the weather gets better.

All the best
Andreas
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-8 21:59
Thanks Ken.  I appreciate the clarification.

No problem at all, have a great week.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Str8nUpNFlyRigh Posted at 2016-11-8 22:24
Hi Ken,

follow-up question: Can you use the simulator with a non-activated aircraft?

I'm sorry but that is a question I do not know since all of our test units are already activated.
maybe someone can test and post if you can or not.
I'm guessing you can since no internet connection is needed to use the simulator, but I will send a message to see for sure.
2016-11-8
Use props
djiuser_bZaWAHssOfWw
New

United States

So, I just bought a mavic 2 zoom on Amazon, but I did not realize that the drone did not come with the DJI Care.  The company I bought it from is a DJI certified dealer (Sure RC).  Is there any way to buy the DJI Care once my drone gets here?
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules