Any body out there seen this....It,s surposed to increase the range...:-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.beyondthecube.txpower
Les Chesterfield U.K.

2015-2-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

There have been posters here that say it does work.
2015-2-7
Use props
Davepa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-7 21:06
There have been posters here that say it does work.

Yes Les it works, I was getting around 400 metres without it, on a good day, and the RC signal with stock antenna took me slightly further than that before it also called it a day. A couple of weeks ago I made a simple parabolic reflector for the 5.8ghz stock antenna for the RC signal and ran the fpv booster app for the 2.4 ghz fpv signal. I flew my P2V+ up on Dartmoor and reached 1500 metres. I had a smartphone  screen recorder running so have a complete record of the flight including all the data on the vision app smartphone screen so have proof of the flight distance.
At 1500 metres the fpv view was still OK but I'd reached my pre set range limit (1500 metres) so the quadcopter stopped at that point and it returned home as my control RC control signal also dropped at around that point.

Be aware though that there are plenty of messages on the www.phantompilots.com  forum about the fpv booster app working by pumping up the output power, rather than by  some fancy fine tuning of the wifi signal as the fpv booster info claims. This could potentially cause the fpv electronics  to overheat and cause the wifi unit to fry. It hasn't happened to mine, yet, and I've now just modded my wifi unit to improve the heat sinking of the components in it, again as described on phantompilots and on youtube.

Happy flying but do you want to go that far is the question I'd ask?. I lost sight of my P2v+ at around 500 metres so was relying purely on the fpv signal from that point on.

Just noticed that the app I used is "fpv booster app" for P2V+ only, not the one Les referred to, so apologies for that error

Dave
Plymouth, UK
2015-2-7
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php? ... &product_id=103
This is what I did.

2015-2-7
Use props
enduro
New

New Zealand

anyone had experience with the free version?
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... c.visionplusutility

I'm only looking to boost signal, not interested in additional hardware.

Done a bit of research to read into all the 'false claims' that a particular developer put out claiming it could do more, but I'm not interested in those claims...  simply to boost signal.

assumedly as well, best practice would be to not max out the power to minimise any chance of the extender blowing (again, claims this is/isnt true, but i'd rather be safe)
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules