Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
possible fix for FPV
1331 5 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I have a phantom 2 vision plus that stopped providing FPV after a firmware update.  Since I am fairly certain that it didn't break itself in the box on its shelf, I'm thinking the firmware update had something to do with this.  I have searched the web and seen many people with the same problem. I was told that I could send it in, but it would not be much more expensive to get the P3.  I have seen a number of people with the same issue on that one.  I remain skeptical.

Because I can't find any reason to trust DJI I will no longer give them any of my money, but I would like to use the money I have already spent.  I saw on this forum that there is a way to side load software into the phantom.  There is a video link below that shows how to wipe the firmware from the phantom... I just don't know how to side load the pre update software back on... nor do I have the pre update software.  

I do not wish to bother any DJI customer service people as this is not going to be a procedure that they would condone or recommend... Which is fine, I do not condone or recommend cheating people by wrecking their stuff with software updates... or selling a model with a module that fails 4 months out of warranty.  It is not my fault I trust DJI about as far as I could spit a weasel... they have earned this level of trust from me and the other customers who suffer with this issue while they quietly impersonate a stool sample.

BUT! I would like to have FPV again and I am willing to mess around with my bird.  If this works, it would prove that the FPV was disabled by the software update.  

2016-11-7
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Huh?!?  I'm not quite sure if you're afflicted with the the paralysis of analysis (overthinking the problem) or you're just ventilating your spleen.

You don't want to send it back to DJI...

You have this reset procedure but haven't quite gotten around to trying it yourself yet... (because you haven't quite finished disparaging DJI enough?  You want someone else to be the guinea pig?  BTW, I've done it, it's no big deal)

And as far as I can tell you haven't actually asked the forum for assistance since you haven't bothered to give us any details like what version of the firmware you have, what beep codes you're getting, etc...

2016-11-7
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Some people eh, the loss of FPV has nothing at all to do with firmware of the naza unit, the naza has nothing at all to do with the FPV, the issue is that the update to the extender damaged the FPV board inside the egg camera, and there is no fix for it.

Ive a lot of knowledge about this after dealing with the issue along side J Dot on the phantom pilots forum, so take my advice please and stop trying things to fix the loss of FPV, the only fix is to find a working camera, if your stateside then jump over the phantompilots forum and ping J Dot a message, he collects cameras and may be able to offer you a fix, only other option is to search ebay.

As to answer your original question about flashing the naza, its an easy thing to do, simply connect the bottom pins of F1 and F2 together and start the quad up, this wipes the naza clean, then once you connect the quad to your pc and run the phantom software it will notice that the naza is blank and will automatically download the firmware from the DJI servers, DJI are obliged to leave the firmware on the server for a long time as people still own the P2V

2016-11-7
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2016-11-7 13:40
Some people eh, the loss of FPV has nothing at all to do with firmware of the naza unit, the naza ha ...

How do you re-install old software?  I saw someone on here had done something called side mounting.  
2016-11-7
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Plumb, why are you bothering to reload the software, unless its to late and you have already cleared the naza, old software isnt available, no one except DJI has access to the firmware to prevent anyone from creating any kind of hybrid version, even how it comes from the server through the software and then onto the quad as shown in Jacks video is a mystery. and i say once again no matter what firmware you have it wont fix the fpv, and here is why, the FPV is sent from the camera, in essence if you were to power the camera from a 12v source without it being connected to the quad it would send the fpv to the phone, the only input the naza has is to send telemetry down the data cables which is sent alongside the fpv from the camera.

Its not a conspiracy to make you buy a p3, and thats the last input im having on this thread
2016-11-7
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2016-11-7 14:02
Plumb, why are you bothering to reload the software, unless its to late and you have already cleared ...

I actually saw posts from people who had copies of the old software... and also of a person who said they had side loaded software... The camera works, takes pictures and video... the gimbal tilts... just no FPV.  It worked with the old software, now it doesn't.  I don't think it is unreasonable to try the old software if possible.  I'm not paying DJI any more money.  If they warranty the manufacturer defect for all the customers that have this sort of failure, I would respect them enough to be their customer again.  I'm sick of hearing of how big and rich they are and yet they dump on the first people to trust them.  That is not a good personality trait.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules