Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
which Micro SD on Mavic Pro?
163653 69 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

77TickTock Posted at 2016-11-7 09:45
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but there are faster cards and I've been using them in my GoPro's for several months now.

Check out this amazon link for Lexar 1800x microSD cards: http://amzn.to/2fUgcTQ

I use the 32GB version of these cards for my drones. I don't  believe in using anything larger than 32GB, and usually 16GB is enough.

I typically swap the memory when I change batteries. Why send valuable footage back into the air, when there is a risk of loss? The only arguement for a large card is if you are taking one long video, and it needs to the space for that huge, monolithic file. And, I don't really do that. I stop and start recording often, and the files are small. They don't all need to be on one big card.

It's not even possible to fill a 16GB card on a single flight with the Mavic, even at the highest resolution. This is why it comes with a 16GB card.

Memory cards have a pretty short life, even the good ones. I would much rather have 8 16GB cards than one big 128GB, and risk losing everything.
Just my personal preference... Do what you will.

2017-1-16
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

well i use sands extreme pro 32gb. it is pretty good. i can recommend it
2017-1-16
Use props
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

devGOD Posted at 2017-1-16 00:52
I use a 128gb Sandisk extreme plus $99 on amazon. Like mentioned above SD cards do fail but Sandisk is the top brand with a low failure rate. For me the 128 is great for weekends. I have 5 batteries and I use them all. I off load new videos every weekend.  Zero worries about space for 4K or raw images

Interestingly I recently bought a San Disk Extreme Pro UHS-I U3 and it was not working right out If the box, whereas the Lexar x1800 works perfectly on the Mavic.
2017-1-16
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Wrote my opinion on this here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9135&fromuid=429792

Same type of thread. Extreme pro is future proof. You could even get a bunch of 16's like mentioned in your thread. That sounds like a good way to go
2017-1-16
Use props
SwedishDroneMas
lvl.2
Sweden

I just bought a San Disk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Card (Class 10) with Adapter. Its 64GB. Speed up to 80 MB/s.

Can someone please confirm it will be good for the Mavic?

Thanks
2017-1-20
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

ueuezaza Posted at 2016-11-8 02:27
Yeah, you got the point. That's what I meant and I don't understand. On one hand we have a max video bitrate of 7,5 MB/s of the Mavic and on the other hand plenty of people and SD Card producer stating that you need at least a 80-90 MB/s of writing speed.

It's a huge difference and the SD Card is really important for quality recording.

In all likelihood,  Mavik does not write directly from video to  SD card. I suspect it buffers frames internally, does some processing/compression and writes to the SD card in bursts much faster then the video rate. That's why you need fast SD cards.  IMO you need one as fast as the Mavic SD interface supports.
2017-1-20
Use props
nikko.arnado
New

United States

Hello M! (ueuezaza) Wanted to ask you what SD card you ended up getting for your mavic? Just got my Mavic yesterday and bought a Lexar 1800x 64 gb card and i keep getting an SD Error message. Thinking it MIGHT be a faulty card or maybe it's just incompatible? What are your thoughts?
2017-2-2
Use props
nikko.arnado
New

United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-7 23:40
SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSD SDXC UHS-II is most likely the best type of SD card to purchase and use for the Mavic Pro. There's two variants of it, 64 GB and 128 GB. Write speed of up to 100 MB/s sounds f**king amazing to be honest. Read speed of up to 275 MB/s. Plenty of performance for 4K content. That's the one I'll be picking up for my Mavic Pro.
https://www.sandisk.co.uk/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extremepro-microsd-uhs-ii

Hello M! (ueuezaza) Wanted to ask you what SD card you ended up getting for your mavic? Just got my Mavic yesterday and bought a Lexar 1800x 64 gb card and i keep getting an SD Error message. Thinking it MIGHT be a faulty card or maybe it's just incompatible? What are your thoughts?
2017-2-2
Use props
nikko.arnado
New

United States

SanDisk Extreme Pro MicroSD SDXC UHS-II is most likely the best type of SD card to purchase and use for the Mavic Pro. There's two variants of it, 64 GB and 128 GB. Write speed of up to 100 MB/s sounds f**king amazing to be honest. Read speed of up to 275 MB/s. Plenty of performance for 4K content. That's the one I'll be picking up for my Mavic Pro.
https://www.sandisk.co.uk/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extremepro-microsd-uhs-ii

Hello Enkeixpress! Wanted to ask you what SD card you ended up getting for your mavic? Just got my Mavic yesterday and bought a Lexar 1800x 64 gb card and i keep getting an SD Error message. Thinking it MIGHT be a faulty card or maybe it's just incompatible? Thinking of trying the SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II 64 gb. What are your thoughts?
2017-2-2
Use props
DT393
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Total noob question but how much footage can a 64 but card carry at 4K and/or 2.7? I'm trying to figure out what I will need to purchase based on what I think my flying will be like.
2017-2-2
Use props
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

nikko.arnado Posted at 2017-2-2 11:12

Hi!
I'm using the Lexar x1800 64 gb too and works perfectly.

Try to format it in the Mavic. You can find the option in the menu of the DJI GO4 app.

What's the problem exactly? Can you see it and the Mavic asks you to format it, can't you eben see it?
I'm asking you this, because many SDs I inserted had to be formatted before beeing used with the Mavic, but I always got a notification on the controller and solved with the formatting tool inside the app.
2017-2-3
Use props
Kero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
France

Hi guys,

for me the best plan is definitively the Lexar Professional 1800x... but i'm wondering about the necessity to format it before using it in the Mavic ? I can't understand why it doesn't work without.

Like many others cards, the Lexar 1800x  is overskilled for the mavic and then many people will say me "the Sandisk Extreme Plus or Pro are very cheaper for similar performances". I search a little (and i'm not a scientist!) and i found that is not the case for one reason : the Sandisk that people are all speaking about is given with an adapter whereas the Lexar is given with an USB 3.0 reader and HERE IS (for me) the big difference. Getting an overskilled card is interesting if you want to transfer faster your datas on your computer (I personally will use my mavic during travel, without my laptop by using hotel/guesthouse PC in evening and in the situation, time is precious to enjoy the trip without staying hours inside in front of a desk) and the writing speed is much better with a USB 3.0 reader than an adapter.
The Sandisk sold with USB 3.0 reader in the package are finally more expensive than the lexar :

https://www.amazon.fr/Lexar-Prof ... oSDXC/dp/B012PKROUQ
https://www.amazon.fr/mémoire-microSDXC-SanDisk-Extreme-lecteur/dp/B01C4QL57E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488132681&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+sd+Sandisk+extreme+pro+3.0

Please tell me if i'm totally wrong, it's just my conclusions after my researches.

And sorry if there are some faults in my message, (many) french people sucks in english.
2017-2-26
Use props
Kero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
Italy

Kero Posted at 2017-2-26 10:15
Hi guys,

for me the best plan is definitively the Lexar Professional 1800x... but i'm wondering about the necessity to format it before using it in the Mavic ? I can't understand why it doesn't work without.

Correction : I wanted to speak about the reading speed for the transfer.
2017-2-27
Use props
Zorker
lvl.1

United States

For those in the US, if you happen to have a Costco membership they have a fairly good deal going. They have a 2-pack of 32GB Sandisk Extreme cards for $27.99 (at least it was at the store in my area). That's two good sized, name brand cards with more than enough speed for the Mavic for under $30.00.
2017-2-27
Use props
VincentSal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1373146 ft
United States

Here is some really good info:

Check them both out.

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/choices/speed_class/index.html
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answe ... s-and-compatibility

Also like to add:
"The speed rating measures maximum transfer speed for reading and writing images to and from a memory card. However, video doesn't need as big a data pipe because the video format is a smaller "fixed stream" that uses only a portion of the data pipe."

If you go with a slower card, you wont see the lag in a video, but you will see it when taking pictures. You'll notice it in the time (pause) it takes when your able to take the following picture.
e.g. Snap a pic, Saving image to SD (pause), Ready to take next pic.
2017-3-22
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-7 22:16
SanDisk Extreme PLUS 128 GB up to 95MB/s Class 10 U3 microSDXC will work beautifully.

This one: http://tinyurl.com/qyp9uez

My pNY Turbo Performance is supposed to Write at up to 90 MB/s doesn't write fast enough for 4K. I don't think 5 MB/s is going to make the difference.
2017-4-6
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.2
United States

leostark Posted at 2016-11-8 02:27
that's obviously an overkill for Mavic IMHO, any U3 card should do.

Wrong. I have a PNY U3 Turbo Performance and it's too slow.
2017-4-6
Use props
rowdy1
New
Flight distance : 4229 ft
United States

ueuezaza Posted at 2016-11-8 02:44
Understanding what class the original, included 16 GB SD Card is, would maybe help

Does somebody know that?

My original 16 GB card is a Panasonic micro SDHC I UHS class 3
2017-4-12
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

Use a 32 GB card, and make SURE to format it while in your Mavic Pro, using the settings on your remote.  There are tons of videos showing how to do this.  IF you don't
2017-4-24
Use props
fans356f81b3
lvl.1
United States

fans356f81b3 Posted at 2017-4-24 22:10
Use a 32 GB card, and make SURE to format it while in your Mavic Pro, using the settings on your remote.  There are tons of videos showing how to do this.  IF you don't

Ugh!  Fat fingers.  If you don't use a 32GB card, and format it using the settings on the remote, you may end up with video feed errors (Video won't show up on your devices.  Especially Apple devices!!!)
4 calls to DJI Tech support, and I figured this one out on my own.  Changing cables or going into Airplane Mode have helped some Mavic users, but not me.   I tried flying in 4 different areas as well.  One area had NO trees, Power Lines, Buildings....etc.......  Made no difference.  The video feed would either be lost before take off, a few feet off the ground, or 8-900 feet away.  Or the video would simply freeze mid-flight.  SO........... I was told to ship my drone and RC device back to DJI Ceritos CA, for diagnostics.  I would not had my drone for a minimum of 3 weeks, before getting a replacement.  Once I formatted the card, and went back down to a 32GB card, the video problem stopped.  So.......I've added a few more options for you to think about before getting a BIG SD card.  Have fun, fly safe!!!
2017-4-24
Use props
fans81e612be
New
United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2017-4-6 20:38
My pNY Turbo Performance is supposed to Write at up to 90 MB/s doesn't write fast enough for 4K. I don't think 5 MB/s is going to make the difference.

The Mavic is not writing directly to your card. It has a 2 Gig buffer. You should clear this buffer along with your card before new flights and make sure that your buffer will clear automatically when it needs to. Cards class 10 and above should work fine for at least a few minutes of continuous 4K because of that buffer.
2017-5-22
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Sandisk.  Never had an SD card failure with Sandisk, but I have too many with other brands.

Notes on bandwidth:  Any class 10 card will work. I think I was logging 53Mbps peak @ 2160p/30fps so any class 10 card should be able to handle up to 80Mbps making it a non issue.
2017-5-22
Use props
markfromnj
lvl.1
United States

Please forgive me if someone mentioned this already. UHS-II cards are indeed faster than UHS-I but they get this extra speed via an extra row of pins on the hardware interface. They are backward compatible with UHS-I but you will only get UHS-II speeds on a UHS-II device, that is, one with the extra pins. Mavic Pro is a UHS-I device and has no extra pins. There is no advantage to using a UHS-II card other than slightly faster transfers from the card to PC storage and only then if you have a UHS-II card reader and a SSD drive on your PC.

If they didn't cost more than, sure, why not. But they do cost a lot more, so for now, save your money.
2017-7-6
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Mikonou Posted at 2017-1-16 00:36
here are my findings with micro SD cards.

- 64 gb sandisk works fine (had one hiccup on 1 flight)

Your suggestion (use many smaller cards) is 100%.  Nothing worse than losing pics/vid b//c of a failed card...and this does happen more than people would like to know; so don't be a victim!!
2017-7-6
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

ONSADE Posted at 2017-1-16 06:41
People are forgetting to mention one of the biggest features of the SanDisk Extreme Pro, it is water-proof, shock-proof, temperature-proof and X-ray-proof. In the event your Mavic gets exposed to any of the elements mentioned, at least you get to keep your footage. Another thing, the faster you transfer, the more likely your file can become corrupt by missing bits in the insane transfer speeds. One last thing, I don't think the Mavic supports UHS-II, not entirely sure, but I know most of the cameras out there don't support UHS-II.

"eople are forgetting to mention one of the biggest features of the SanDisk Extreme Pro, it is water-proof, shock-proof, temperature-proof and X-ray-proof. "

**** CARD ONLY...e.g. your data on the card will still be toast    And who cares about the card!
2017-7-6
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467648 ft
Canada

Ok, We need to clear up something that some but not all of us are aware.  MB/S = 8(Mb/s) So all this gets confusing.  Do does the Mavic write at 60MB/s or 60 Mb/s in 4k video max data rate.  
2017-11-4
Use props
fans1b686f94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467648 ft
Canada

Ok, We need to clear up something that some but not all of us are aware, mega bytes vs mega bits.  MBs/S = 8(Mbs/s) So all this gets confusing.  Do does the Mavic write at 60MB/s or 60 Mb/s in 4k video max data rate.  If it truly has a top write speed of 60 Mbs/s then that is 7.5 MBs/s so we are all grossly over investing in sd card speed.  I believe someone mentioned that the data transfer was not constant but instead dumped blocks onto the card which makes this far more complicated.
If it writes at 60MBs/s then we are all screwed because I have tested some of the best cards in real-life tests and cards rated for write speeds of up to 80 MBs/s are performing at about 14 -  18 MBs/s.  I am talking about the Samsung Pro + and the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards bought from Best Buy. I have used card testing apps on several devices as well as timing actual large file data transfers writing to the cards.  Results are comparable.

Could someone with accurate knowledge of data transfer in 4k jump in to educate the rest of us?
2017-11-4
Use props
Leiwu
New

United States

Hi, wanna ask. Is it possible to set Mavic pro at iPhone Flash Drive (someone like this)
Will everything work or do I need some settings?
2020-4-29
Use props
Lenny13
lvl.1

United States

I use sandisk flash drive (www.bestadvisor.com/iphone-flash-drives). No need to complicate where it is not needed
2020-4-29
Use props
Lenny13
lvl.1

United States

good luck
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules