Bundle After the Fact?
907 12 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

While I'm still patiently waiting for my mavic to arrive, I ordered thorugh Best Buy (9-28-16)thinking it might arrive sooner, but I suppose it won't, anyway not what this thread is about.

I am starting to kick my self for not ordering through someone that offered the combo after looking at what everything costs to buy after the mavic arrives.  Are there typically resellers that will do their own "combos" later on down the road.  All I am really interested in is a few more batteries, the hub, and the car charger.  I also thought about waiting for best buy to stock the combo's but I'm afraid I'd lose my place in line.

Thanks.
2016-11-7
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

You could just order the desired accessories along with or as a separate order from you original Mavic.
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-8 01:24
You could just order the desired accessories along with or as a separate order from you original Mav ...

I have my original order with B&H in September for the Mavic alone and then 2 batteries and 2 sets of props. I decided to place another order for the combo a week ago because I realized that the spare batteries might not be available for quite a while, maybe not til the new year. I will probably cancel my original order even though it would come earlier because of the battery situation.
2016-11-7
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-7 11:24
You could just order the desired accessories along with or as a separate order from you original Mav ...

I realize that, but the price is such a dramatic difference.   Wondering if the actual bundle will be available for around $300.  Just like the bundle with the mavic is 300 more than just the mavic.

By the time you get 2 more batteries, $180
car charger $50
Props $20?
Charge hub $50
Bag $80
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

andersonn Posted at 2016-11-8 01:41
I realize that, but the price is such a dramatic difference.   Wondering if the actual bundle will ...

That's why it's a combo price, but for me the bag is a wasted addition and I wouldn't plan to use it. The bigger reason for the combo purchase at this time would be to actually get your hands on some spare batteries. If you take the bag off the accessories add up to the additional price for the combo.
2016-11-7
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, I wouldn't be using the bag either, if best buy had them I would have just bought the combo.  I was just wondering if there is a way to get the combo "after the fact" at the combo price.
2016-11-7
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-8 01:44
That's why it's a combo price, but for me the bag is a wasted addition and I wouldn't plan to use  ...

Agreed with Trance.. After subtracting the cost of the bag (which most of us won't use because it can't hold chargers, polarpro filters, additional non-combo batteries, etc) the other combo accessories together are almost exactly $300 so you may as well buy them À la carte based on your personal needs.
2016-11-7
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

andersonn Posted at 2016-11-8 01:47
Yeah, I wouldn't be using the bag either, if best buy had them I would have just bought the combo.   ...

That would be up to the specific vendor but I haven't heard of anyone offering anything of the sort.
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

Personally I wouldn't need the car charger either because my truck has an outlet, but I really want to have at least 3 batteries with it.

What's anyone's guess on when you think accessories like batteries will actually be available?
2016-11-7
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-8 04:09
Personally I wouldn't need the car charger either because my truck has an outlet, but I really want  ...

My truck also has an outlet, but I imagine any place I'll really want the car charger will be when I'm overseas and not using my own vehicle.
2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-11-8 04:27
My truck also has an outlet, but I imagine any place I'll really want the car charger will be when ...

That makes sense, or I guess if we wanted to use the charger without having the truck running.
2016-11-7
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I believe you can go to your BestBuy order and change it. Upgrade to the bundle. Sell the bag on eBay nd recoup a few bucks. At least ask a rep if you can change your order, I don't think anyone says no to a bigger sale.

I ordered extra batteries and was told to expect them towards the end of December.
2016-11-7
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

The problem is that best buys website doesn't even have an option for the bundle, like they don't even offer it.

My truck also has an outlet built in too, but my trail truck (beater Jeep Cherokee) doesn't and sometimes when I am out wheeling I may need to charge some batteries, would be easier to carry a small car charger than have to carry an inverter.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules