Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unbelievable Drone Review Fail
1161 7 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fluxkompensator
lvl.1

Germany

What happend here? Follow mode? Firmware bug?  
Anyway..

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's pretty hilarious. I don't believe the Inspires are that advanced to mimic sentience.
2016-11-7
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

That is funny , I think he  was at his Max distance enabled and it hovered .  After that I am not sure , always funny to hear Germans when they are frantic.  Love the German Language, it has a certain resonance to it .

Thanks for sharing.

donnie
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-9 00:07
That is funny , I think he  was at his Max distance enabled and it hovered .  After that I am not su ...

I'm pretty sure it was being flown by someone else as he drove away and when he got far away video signal was starting to break up.
2016-11-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I absolutely loved this video!!

Thank you for sharing    

Rich
2016-11-8
Use props
The Target
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I'm by no means an expert at anything, no less UAS technology; but I think this is an amazing video for all quad newbies to watch.  I agree with DJI Ken that I think someone else was flying this Inspire, because when he returned to the airfield, the Inspire was ahead of him.  In follow mode, it would have paced him or been slightly behind him.  Regardless, any UAS that weighs more than a few ounces is NOT a toy.  Even a little $100 quad can do a lot of damage to persons and property.

Theoretically, many aspects of this video are plausible when a quad is placed in the wrong hands.  For example, I still have problems once in awhile flying my I1 when the aircraft is pointing anywhere but away from me.  I am still new to this hobby and I am fairly methodical in my flight, but what I lack is correct motor response to make the I1 do what I want it to do.  I admit that sometimes I feel like Will Smith's character in the original Independence Day when he tried to fly the alien craft out of Area 52 without realizing he had the dashboard post-it note upside down.  While in the movie it was funny when he said "oops", in reality I don't think an injured bystander or owner of damaged property would be as amused.

I've watched plenty of drone fail videos on YouTube and my unofficial survey reveals that while there is the demographic of young pilots who make up a vast majority of crashes, there are also a number of seasoned and meticulous pilots for whom the aircraft simply does not respond or has a Frankenstein moment for lack of a better term.  Everyone has to remember that we are dealing with devices that have an invisible and sometimes shared connection to the outside world.  Couple that with pilot error and panic and the results can be catastrophic.

I think if the producers of this video had left out some of the "Keystone Cops" moments, this could have been a very good tool for hobby stores to show prospective naive buyers the true dangers that can result from engaging in this hobby.  I have to admit that until he went and hid in the car, I thought this video was real and that he was not in control of the show.

Nonetheless, I have to agree with Donnie that hearing the voice of a panicking German is pretty comical.
2016-11-9
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I laughed until I had tears.   
2016-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI, I showed this video to my wife and she was laughing out laud too! I had fun watching her react to this as she is aware of some of the problems we have been experiencing with the Inspire 1

Rich
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules