Samsung Tablet compatibility
9975 24 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans691ed002
New

United States

Greetings - I'm new to this and have a Samsung Galaxy TAB A that I want to use with my Phantom 3 Advanced.  DJI says it won't work and they are working on a fix.  Has anyone used one of these with the PH3?

2016-11-7
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I use that same Tab with every flight on my Pro.  I have not had any issues.  My cousin uses one with his P3 Standard as well.  No problems.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans691ed002
New

United States

djordan2 - Thank you for your response.  My issue is that sometimes it's hard to link up my tablet with the remote.  USB doesn't always connect.  When I do, I have video issues.  I go to check the image download quality on "HD" and I have no bars which means to me unstable video.  Any comments would be helpful.  Thanks
2016-11-7
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Well, I've read that others on this forum have had problems.  But I don't know what to make of that.  I do know that at one time I had a bad USB cable.  It was a real short one.  I don't know exactly where I got it.  The pro was on my garage workbench, and I could not get it to connect.  Just on a hunch I replace the cable, and it worked.  I've also had trouble a couple of times when it was on the other workbench that had florescent lights overhead.  It would not connect then either.  But all that was months ago when I first got the Pro.  In that case I just walked out of my garage to the end of my driveway, and it connected just fine.  In the field, I know there is a certain sequence at startup.  In my case I power up the drone, then the RC. Once I get a green light on the RC, I turn on the Tablet.  It works every time for me.  A couple of times I accidentally left the Tablet on when I powered up the Drone and RC.  It did not connect.  So I just turned the Tablet off and then back on again.  Then it connects instantly.  Again, all this happened when I first got the Pro months ago.  I fly my Pro almost every day now, and I never have a connection problem if I follow the above start procedure.

I mentioned earlier that my cousin has a Standard and the Tablet A like I do.  When he first got his, he had one Hell of a time getting it to connect.  He was ready to throw the  thing in the garbage.  After he called me for help, we figured out that if he went outside and away from his MOBILE HOME, it connected right up.  The mobile home is a big metal can.  I guess that was the problem.  We don't know.  But he has never again had a problem connecting when he started up like I do. I just don't have a problem.

The only other thing about the Tablet A, is that the video on display may sometimes show a few pixels.  It like the Tab can't keep up with the drone camera. But for me that isn't a problem because I use the video files on the SD card in the Pro.  That's perfect.  It take a little while to learn all these little tricks and idiosyncrasies.  I've been flying mine for 6 months now, almost every day, and I still am trying to figure out some the features and funny things it can do.  It takes time to learn how to handle these things properly and safely.
2016-11-7
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

I'm using Tab A6 , no problem with DJI Go v. 2.9.x but problem with v.3.x.x  .

Problem is concerned to image tranmission error.   It effects to video quality in SD card directly, not only cache file in mobile device.  
Whenever i downgrade to 2.9.x, the app do not show POI and some other functions so i have to use the latest version till DJI release a perfect one.

For DJI, image transmission error still happen with my samsung note 5 which has higher spec. too, please improve your SW / FW , thanks.
2016-11-7
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I also use the Tab A as well as a 2013 Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 inch ... no problems with any of them. Only thing I would do is turn off  CACHE LOCALLY WHEN RECORDING. The Tab A only has 1.5 gig of ram..you need all the horsepower to run the Go App. DO NOT upgrade the RC to 1.8 otherwise you could have trouble with the video feed to the tablet breaking up to the point you can hardly see anything. I have version 3.01 go app on tablet....1.9.60 on the Advanced and 1.8 on the RC..works great!!

Cheers mate
2016-11-7
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23 ft
India

DINGO DOWN UNDE Posted at 2016-11-8 11:10
I also use the Tab A as well as a 2013 Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 inch ... no problems with ...

I am successfully using Samsung TAB-A 8" on marshmallow with DJI Go as well as Litchi. Just dial *#0808# and select RNDIS as deault USB setting.
Now switch on RC & Phantom, connect USB, select either DJI Go or Litchi and it is connected.
2016-11-16
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Vishnu1958 Posted at 2016-11-17 00:43
I am successfully using Samsung TAB-A 8" on marshmallow with DJI Go as well as Litchi. Just dial * ...

How do we dial this....could you please explain ???
2016-11-16
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
India

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-17 06:48
How do we dial this....could you please explain ???

Sorry for not explaining properly.
Please dial  USSD code *#0808#  from your tablet phone dialling. I presume your samsung TAB has phone facility.
Once you dial, you will get USB setting option. from there Please select RNDIS and reboot. This will make your USB default setting to RNDIS for use with Litchi or DJI Go. In case you face problems, you can revert to MTP by again dialling same code and selecting MTP.
I hope I am clear.
2016-11-16
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

Do not Update!  The new go app isn't tab A supported Anymore!

Long as you stay at the 2.9 version you will be fine. 3.0.1 is when it isn't supported.  Dji response is buy a new Tablet!
2016-11-16
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Vishnu1958 Posted at 2016-11-17 13:29
Sorry for not explaining properly.
Please dial  USSD code *#0808#  from your tablet phone dialling ...

Oh ok.....My Tab A is only a Tablet...no phone capability...but it still works fine with the latest 3.10 Go app!
2016-11-16
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

fanse148cb30 Posted at 2016-11-17 13:55
Do not Update!  The new go app isn't tab A supported Anymore!

Long as you stay at the 2.9 version  ...

I flew my Phantom Advanced on Wednesday using my backup Tablet which is the Galaxy Tab A 8" just to try the latest 3.10 Go app and it worked fine.!! Cheers mate !!
2016-11-16
Use props
Robert_P4
lvl.1

Ghana

I have a TAB A6 and I can't set any waypoint to take a photo or record film when using Litchi.
2016-12-10
Use props
frixster_75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45541 ft
United Kingdom

I've got a TAB A6 and had trouble caching the maps as it hasn't got wifi. But figured it out in the end. Had to delete something to do with Google (it was last year, so can't exactly remember what). You also have to make sure that you cache the maps at home on wifi before you go out, or the maps won't be displayed when outside. I've got a tethering contract, so its good to have if anything needs loading when out via personal hotspot.
2016-12-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

I just checked. My app is 3.0.1, and I've not problems flying the Pro.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans1de43c39
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

Thanks alot. My Samsung S4 could not get any R/C update, and when I had my phone attached to R/C thru usb cable the app showed 3.1.0 the version showed N/A and the remote controller showed N/A. I typed in the numbers for Samsung Tab A on my Samsung S4 and switched the  USB to RNDIS and now when I go back and hook up phone to the R/C  shows App 3.1.0  Version 1.10.90 Remote Controller 1.8.0 Again THANKS , did not fly yet but feel much better that I can see the updates on my phone. Did the update for R/C with Nvidia Shield K1 since the Samsung Tab A/6 could not do update.
2016-12-11
Use props
mollyg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194721 ft
Canada

fans1de43c39 Posted at 2016-12-11 12:47
Thanks alot. My Samsung S4 could not get any R/C update, and when I had my phone attached to R/C thru usb cable the app showed 3.1.0 the version showed N/A and the remote controller showed N/A. I typed in the numbers for Samsung Tab A on my Samsung S4 and switched the  USB to RNDIS and now when I go back and hook up phone to the R/C  shows App 3.1.0  Version 1.10.90 Remote Controller 1.8.0 Again THANKS , did not fly yet but feel much better that I can see the updates on my phone. Did the update for R/C with Nvidia Shield K1 since the Samsung Tab A/6 could not do update.

I use Tab A on Phantom 3 pro I turn on aircraft first remote second then tablet works perfect every time using the latest software.
2016-12-11
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 2016-12-11 04:48
I just checked. My app is 3.0.1, and I've not problems flying the Pro.

Same here all good.
2016-12-12
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
India

I am successfully using Samsung TAB A 8" with Marshmallow 6.01. The trick is as follow:-
2016-12-12
Use props
Vishnu1958
lvl.2
India

I am successfully using Samsung TAB A 8" with Marshmallow 6.01. The trick is as follow:- Enable Developer Option (Google to find out how), enable usb debugging and select RNDIS. Start Remote and then Aircraft, connect Remote to Tablet and start DJI Go, you will get connected to aircraft
2016-12-12
Use props
Rendall69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1337543 ft
Cabo Verde

fans691ed002 Posted at 2016-11-8 00:09
djordan2 - Thank you for your response.  My issue is that sometimes it's hard to link up my tablet with the remote.  USB doesn't always connect.  When I do, I have video issues.  I go to check the image download quality on "HD" and I have no bars which means to me unstable video.  Any comments would be helpful.  Thanks

Hi friend, I already had a similar situation the problem was on USB cable
2016-12-12
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

Vishnu1958 Posted at 2016-12-12 12:33
I am successfully using Samsung TAB A 8" with Marshmallow 6.01. The trick is as follow:- Enable Developer Option (Google to find out how), enable usb debugging and select RNDIS. Start Remote and then Aircraft, connect Remote to Tablet and start DJI Go, you will get connected to aircraft

This is exactly the same procedure that I have to
do with my Samsung Tab (A) 9.7"
2016-12-12
Use props
Jabla
lvl.1

Poland

I have DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, I would like to choose a tablet compatible with this drone, software, based on Android. It is hard for me to find out in the available materials which would be the most convenient one. Could someone tell me what to buy? Thanks
2022-5-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Jabla Posted at 5-21 11:01
I have DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, I would like to choose a tablet compatible with this drone, software, based on Android. It is hard for me to find out in the available materials which would be the most convenient one. Could someone tell me what to buy? Thanks

The Samsung TAB S5e and S6 are compatible with Dji Fly. I use one the S5E.
2022-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Jabla Posted at 5-21 11:01
I have DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, I would like to choose a tablet compatible with this drone, software, based on Android. It is hard for me to find out in the available materials which would be the most convenient one. Could someone tell me what to buy? Thanks

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules