o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I really do want this drone,
I want it to work I really do so much.

I have only recently stepped into DJI's world,
After 2 faulty P4's I returned them and ordered Mavic.
After the delays I canceled my order with DJI
Bought OSMO- it's cool!

Now have Mavic on order at apple, have had for sometime with shipment due sometime

I am feeling a little unsure?
Do I buy this with the faults or wait till it settles?
Try another P4?
Wait for P4 pro?
Wait for inspire 2?
Buy cheap inspire?

They all could serve a different purpose for me, really only need two, a good camer and one that will fit on my back on the motorbike.

Any help deciding would be great.
Thanks
2016-11-7
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

Well if you want a sure thing to tide you over get a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Proven tech, works great, great range, good price.
2016-11-7
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-8 10:03
Well if you want a sure thing to tide you over get a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Proven tech, works great,  ...

Thanks Shill, that's what I'm thinking, prices seem to be good with some nice second hand options. I do really want to be in the air, a good suggestion rather than spend extra on the P4

I can fly okay have many cheaper drones and have spent time safely.

Very quickly can I ask what does the p3 advanced miss that P4 offers?

Thanks Shill
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Bax, several of the issues are likely caused by the same malfunction.  We've got 65,000 armchair internet engineers chiming in here, so it's gonna look bleak.  It's a tech support forum, so an expectation of negative threads should be expected.

The good news is the fix might come before you get a Mavic.  If not or if you have immediate issues, you've got Apple for returns - not DJI.
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

P4 has the forward vision sensors for obstacle avoidance.
P4 has sport mode.
P4 is more stable and hovers within a smaller 3D space
P4 camera is attached on both sides to the gimbal (each side has its own motor too!)
P4 gimbal is mostly hidden inside P4's gray plastic
P4 SD card slot relocated
P4 flight time is longer

Hmmm, that's all I can quickly think of compared to P3 Pro.  P3 Advanced only goes to 2.7k, whilst P3 Pro is 4k.
2016-11-7
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

Bax Posted at 2016-11-8 10:15
Thanks Shill, that's what I'm thinking, prices seem to be good with some nice second hand options. ...

The P3 Advanced lacks the obstacle  avoidance feature of the P4 but I always disabled it due to the 22 MPH speed limitation.  Also the P3A has a 2.7K camera versus the 4K camera on the P4.  I still feel the P3 Advanced is the best bang for your buck in a DJI drone.  Here is an example of what you can do with a P3A.  This was recorded at only 1080x30 and was about 3 miles out at the furthest point:

2016-11-7
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-8 10:44
The P3 Advanced lacks the obstacle  avoidance feature of the P4 but I always disabled it due to the ...

Why is the gimbal not level in the opening shot?
2016-11-7
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-8 10:55
Why is the gimbal not level in the opening shot?

That's a DJI thing that affects the P3 & P4 birds.  Sometimes it's perfect.  Other times you'll get some Horizon tilt.
2016-11-7
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks all,
Great response, appreciate It heaps.

I am still pretty keen on Mavic and keeping the order in place.

I was hovering around picking up a phantom as a back up, the p3 may be all I need for this.

Great info thanks heaps
2016-11-7
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

I'm so close of actually cancelling my Mavic order and getting a Phantom 4 instead or something... But the portable factor is just too good :/
2016-11-8
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

I if I wouldn't have received mine already.. I would have canceled it tbh.
1) I already have a P3P (I bought the Mavic for the portability);
2) Because 1500€ for a single flight and almost crashed it ... I feel I wasted my money. I didn't had a single issue with my P3P.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansd2e22cbc
lvl.3

China

I'm not having any problems with the mavic, probably a majority of mavic owners are the same and don't have problems and are too busy enjoying it to come to the forums and say anything (you do always hear the bad news)
I had a P3A before and for me the mavic is way better, I was really impressed when I had the P3A but it was so limited in when I could use it and it all had to be planned. With the mavic its in my rucksack all the time even if I am not planning to specifically shoot something. It's in a completely different class in my opinion.
2016-11-8
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft

If you visit the support forum for any product, regardless of how great of a product it is, you would be afraid to buy anything. Typically the majority of people who visit support forums are in need of help for some sort of issue. Those with no issues have no need to visit. Yes, issues do exist on most products, it is just impossible to know how wide spread it is from visiting a support forum.
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules