MAVIC SHIPPING DELAYED INDEFINITELY
8372 39 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans284acc99
lvl.1

Australia

I just received this email from 1 of the retailers I have pre ordered through who are now saying they've been informed the delay is now indefinite. It may be a case of this one retailer, or may be filtering through to many of them.

This retailer is a large retailer (in Australia), other pre order (through apple) has no status change.

Take it for what you will..

order1

order1
2016-11-7
Use props
fans2002c319
lvl.1

United States

ahhhh man!!
2016-11-7
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

Hmmm, hopefully it is only some of the smaller international retailers who have this delay. But this definitely points to software/hardware issues with the drone since stock would continue trickling in otherwise.
2016-11-7
Use props
PpZS6kXZJzzz
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-7
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

dotfiles Posted at 2016-11-8 12:41
Hmmm, hopefully it is only some of the smaller international retailers who have this delay. But this ...

JB is not a small retail. They have more stores than apple. If this is true then it really is a shame. The Mavic is really good.
2016-11-7
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

I think DJI have found one or more serious issues with the Mavic Pro that they needed to halt production indefinitely until they're sorted out. Some sort of announcement from DJI about this would be nice.

Either way, production of this new drone was and is rushed at this point. Need to wait until next year, by then hopefully the Mavic Pro will be flying with zero issues thanks to revised revisions to the hardware while it's in the factory and through firmware updates.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans284acc99
lvl.1

Australia

0sarc0 Posted at 2016-11-8 13:29
JB is not a small retail. They have more stores than apple. If this is true then it really is a sh ...

JB is certainly a lot smaller in market share globally than apple. Whilst they have a larger store front presence here in Oz, they are small fry on a global scale
2016-11-7
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

JB Hi Fi is not a small retail store...

Well on another note, if they do delay, I'm really hoping they are fixing all the issues people are raising on this forum and therefore releasing a better version 2.0...
Sorry for those who got theirs first, but you are under warranty and you should be able to return the existing and get a new ones.

Well hoping DJI will send out a proper announcement soon to address the current issues and fixes to their production line...
2016-11-7
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

btw when did you placed your order? (what date)
2016-11-7
Use props
fans284acc99
lvl.1

Australia

You're thinking locally here in Australia, but we are such a small drop in the ocean that even our biggest retail chains make up a minor fraction of the global market.

Ordered 3ord of Oct
2016-11-7
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. I'm glad I decided to get a GoPro Karma while I wait for my Mavic. At least I know I won't be shoved when/if I have issues with it.
2016-11-7
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Listen to what this Mavic Pro owner below has to say. This is exactly why DJI have halt shipping indefinitely for the Mavic Pro. There's some serious issues with magnetic interference and controllability. All loss of control with the drone while in flight and it practically making movements on its own is very serious.
So altogether, that's three serious issues I've come across with the Mavic Pro so far. Loss of control, wavy/gimble vibration issue, gimble stuck and irratic movement behaviour. Just a whole load of problems that need to be sorted out. Give it some time for DJI to fix the issues.

2016-11-7
Use props
Beninspain
lvl.2

Spain

mine shipped today. doesn't appear they have stopped at all.

2016-11-8
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft

Beninspain Posted at 2016-11-8 18:48
mine shipped today. doesn't appear they have stopped at all.

My Mavic shipped today too.
Ordered on 1th Oct.
2016-11-8
Use props
i3fEHmHyAZjU
lvl.1

Belgium

So frustrating how Dji works, if you write them an email you get a copy paste answer, if you chat you get a copy paste answer. Lost info i got is that they are shipping the orders of the 29th of september. Really still orders from the 29 th, i just dont understand Why they can not be honest about what the problem is.
2016-11-8
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Doubt this is true, what have we had from DJI ? just "Demand is higher than expected"
2016-11-8
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft

Mine shipped this morning. So that is BS.
2016-11-8
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

Awesome if you got ur shipping notice. I ordered Oct 4th. Still nothing.
2016-11-8
Use props
KJUmuI3PzpcL
lvl.2

United States

the waiting line seems a bit wonky and now German shipments might be somehow before others as I don't think all 29th/30th orders are done, but there are reports of 4th Oct and 1st Oct above that are being shipped to Germany. I cancelled my order from the 6th Oct to switch to a local reseller. Lets see if this week stays the expected date from them...
2016-11-8
Use props
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Im not sure i even want mine anymore.. So many issues out there.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansa121cd9c
New

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-8 19:19
Mine shipped this morning. So that is BS.

Shipped from JB HiFi?
2016-11-8
Use props
frnk42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166631 ft
Germany

KJUmuI3PzpcL Posted at 2016-11-8 12:30
the waiting line seems a bit wonky and now German shipments might be somehow before others as I don' ...

Yep. Germany here too. Ordered 1th of October. Shipped today.
2016-11-8
Use props
KJUmuI3PzpcL
lvl.2

United States

I guess they stocked up and decided to ship now to Germany. Its cheaper to put the few orders in Oct in the same plane with the others. I just hope conrad gets enough as that is were I changed my order to
2016-11-8
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

I too got an email from. Yitamotor concerning one of my batteries. It said all orders are suspended indefinitely worldwide. Whatever this means.
2016-11-8
Use props
Soiledmist
lvl.1

United States

9/29 order in US and just got shipping info.
2016-11-8
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

So, one store location says delayed indefinately and we equate that to a world scale? I don't think so.

Even if it were true, DJI would never reveal that information, so how would this one store know something that amazon, bestbuy and apple do not?

I think manufacturing and shipping are moving foreward just as they have been.

I think what they actually mean is, if you order today, we have no idea when it will arrive.
2016-11-8
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-8 07:49
So, one store location says delayed indefinately and we equate that to a world scale? I don't think  ...

Could be...but I can tell you that I'm hearing a lot of resellers talk about how the shipments have just stopped with no information on when they will resume.   My order just got pushed again and I ordered on the 28th of September.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans4315cba9
lvl.2

United States

For my sake I hope it's just the operators.  I know selfish of me right
2016-11-8
Use props
JaoZVfNHmbcG
New

Switzerland

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-8 07:31
Listen to what this Mavic Pro owner below has to say. This is exactly why DJI have halt shipping ind ...

Did you try flying the Mavic without the RC using just the mobile? That way you can know if the problem is with the  RC or the drone.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Closing thread as the thread title is 100% false as Mavics are being shipped non-stop.
2016-11-8
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-8 00:31
Listen to what this Mavic Pro owner below has to say. This is exactly why DJI have halt shipping ind ...

I would not put too much faith in this guys knowledge of the Mavic or the supply chain issues. Did you see how his antennae were set? Completely wrong. No wonder he has signal issues.
2016-11-8
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-8 08:30
Could be...but I can tell you that I'm hearing a lot of resellers talk about how the shipments hav ...

How would the retailers know? There could be a dozen shipping containers filled with Mavic drones on a ship, in transport, for all they know. They will not know anything until they arrive.

One random re-seller in Australia says their orders are delayed indefinitely, and now it has grown to DJI stopping production with absolutely no proof of anything. This is just crazy.

Until DJI makes a statement, then you don't really KNOW anything, nor do I, nor does anyone else.

We all have one thing in common... We can do nothing but wait. For me, it's a race... Can they fix the firmware and software issues before the Mavic arrives?
2016-11-8
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 09:44
Closing thread as the thread title is 100% false as Mavics are being shipped non-stop.

Thank you for confirming that this topic was just BS, and runaway speculation. Your statement confirms what I suspected all along.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-8 16:10
I would not put too much faith in this guys knowledge of the Mavic or the supply chain issues. Did ...

It's strange eneixpress has another thread saying his Mavic he ordered on 28th October has just shipped, from dji, very strange!!
2016-11-8
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

It could be they have already fixed the controller issue so shipping continues. If so, they really should announce a recall on the ones shipped before they corrected the problem before people lose or crash their drones or worse, somebody gets hurt.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-8 16:20
It's strange eneixpress has another thread saying his Mavic he ordered on 28th October has just sh ...

In my mind I have this poster down as a troll, a wind up merchant and a liar based on all the crap I've seen them post so I would't worry too much about what they say.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans43995a6d Posted at 2016-11-8 16:40
In my mind I have this poster down as a troll, a wind up merchant and a liar based on all the crap  ...

Couldn't have said it better myself..
2016-11-8
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-11-8 10:25
It could be they have already fixed the controller issue so shipping continues. If so, they really s ...

That is very possible...  I wish DJI would be more transparent with what they are doing. Even given the problems, customers would be much more tolerant. Just my opinion...
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules