10525 145 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

Bond Posted at 2016-11-8 19:42
Says the update can be done from the DJI go app. Please confirm this, also if this is for battery fi ...

I completed the update using the DJI Go app.
2016-11-8
Use props
yTnvvSFlc9R0
lvl.1

India

Is the less range prob solved now as my P4 does not fly even 400 meters in LOS comes back home coz the aircraft gets disconnected
Tried everything explained on net. Very very disappointed by this product. I m in India but picked this from UK. Huh.
2016-11-8
Use props
Timeline Images
lvl.1
Flight distance : 791913 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 11:49
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please record a video of the transmissi ...

Hi Mindy
Have Mini Apple 2 with latest (today) upgrade.
The transmission gives me:
Red bar and "Weak Transmission signal" on top
Black outs and green outs on screen.
Some artefacts when screen works, and then it stalls, and then the blackouts etc.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Timeline Images Posted at 2016-11-9 10:50
Hi Mindy
Have Mini Apple 2 with latest (today) upgrade.
The transmission gives me:

Please make sure that you do not have any programs running in the background and you had enabled hardware decoding in DJI GO app.
Is the DJI GO app version up to date?
After that, please recod a short video of the transmission issue.
2016-11-8
Use props
yTnvvSFlc9R0
lvl.1

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 08:23
Please make sure that you do not have any programs running in the background and you had enabled h ...

@Mindy: Will surely record my screen in a short while btw i use ipad air 2 just bought a brand new for P4. Is it compatible?
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yTnvvSFlc9R0 Posted at 2016-11-9 11:09
@Mindy: Will surely record my screen in a short while btw i use ipad air 2 just bought a brand new ...

Yes, ipad air 2 is compatible with DJI GO app.
And please try to fly in an open area free of interference and adjust the antenna orientation when necessary. Please see the video tutorial below.
2016-11-8
Use props
KevinJD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39012 ft
Australia

I couldn't do the upgrade until I downloaded and installed the NEW TO ME version of Assistant 2. All batts are now upgraded.
2016-11-8
Use props
goldmansachs
lvl.1

United States

Should I proceed the update with each battery I have, or 1 is good?
2016-11-8
Use props
Timeline Images
lvl.1
Flight distance : 791913 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 11:49
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please record a video of the transmissi ...

Thanks but got the issue. I put my I1 HDMI board on the phantom. This board is not suitable for the P4. Cheers
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

goldmansachs Posted at 2016-11-9 12:27
Should I proceed the update with each battery I have, or 1 is good?

Proceed the update with each battery,please.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans4848d4ba
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft

I would only update batts if having a problem?

Also if update not mandatory, how can I get rid of the notification stating firmware upgrade needed
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4848d4ba Posted at 2016-11-9 14:31

Also if update not mandatory, how can I get rid of t ...

That depens on what the problem is.
And you can just leave the notification there.
2016-11-8
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

keiser08 Posted at 2016-11-8 21:34
I ended up updating because of your comment lol.

You'll be fine I updated and went out all was ok
2016-11-8
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

Why (almost) everyone scare to update firmware ?.
2016-11-9
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft

Video problem solved

Video after update unstable. DJI go app from PC (iTunes) and iPad air 2 deleted. Loading app new and tested video. I could go from the 1st floor to the basement (lots of concrete, doors and iron between them) no video interruption, remote go fully functional! And of course in this area are a lot of 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks.
2016-11-9
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone tested the P4 range after this update?

Also, has the video transmission improved?
2016-11-9
Use props
Sad1981
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just done mine but can not go out as it's raining not happy
2016-11-9
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-11-9 07:47
Has anyone checked if the P4 range is still the same after the firmware update? I am always concerne ...

Problem with Samsung S7 rebooting is still. Very sad. I'm looking forward for update that will fix this stupid bug...
2016-11-9
Use props
fans1e33992c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18360 ft
United States

I tried doing Firmware Update with Controller and GO hooked the OTG Cable to Controller than Micro Cable to it and to Craft. But it would not connect to craft, tried restarting one and or the other than both but could not connect.

So I unhooked from Controller and used PC with Assistant and Upgraded Fine.

I than Upgraded each Battery Firmware through Controller fine as well.

Why would it not make connection the first time with controller should OTG be Plugged in Craft or Controller maybe?
2016-11-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans4848d4ba Posted at 2016-11-9 17:31

Also if update not mandatory, how can I get rid of t ...

This firmware upgrade is different to others, and so my notes:
Connected P4 to PC running Assistant 2. I was advised that there was a firmware upgrade, so selected 'upgrade'. It downloaded upgrade and applied. I noted that the lights on the inserted battery changed, consistent with It's firmware being updated.
Upgrade complete - powered battery down and removed - inserted next battery - powered battery back up.
Assistant 2 returned to upgrade screen, and I was offered to apply again. Went thought this process for next couple of batteries (I have 3).
For the last battery, after upgrading I left it in when I clicked 'done', and the Assistant didn't prompt me anymore. I guess that's because it's been checking the battery firmware version and not the P4's.
Done.
I also noted that the release notes were blank, no doubt because no other P4 features have been changed.
2016-11-9
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

Loaded the update without a problem.  No  issues..
2016-11-9
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

I downloaded Assistant 2 on my computer and could not get it to connect to the AC.
I just sucsessfully downloaded the update threw the DJI Go app but do not know how to do it again for my second battery.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hawkeye54 Posted at 2016-11-10 10:58
I downloaded Assistant 2 on my computer and could not get it to connect to the AC.
I just sucsessf ...

Change the other battery and turn on the aircraft.
You will see the update message in DJI GO app.
2016-11-9
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

Remember to take the gimbals guard off. You can burn up the motor. I came very close to finding out the hard way.
2016-11-9
Use props
fans59eebc9d
lvl.2

Greece

Somnium Posted at 2016-11-9 16:01
Problem with Samsung S7 rebooting is still. Very sad. I'm looking forward for update that will fix ...

the problem is from samsung. you must download the rom to s7 and the problem will be solved.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-11-9
Use props
fans7984fc8d
lvl.1

Australia

WE have all learned the HARD-WAY, DJI firmware updates are never what they say they are and almost always, limits on other functions.
Last Firmware upgrade has screwed my Lichi program on my Samsung 6. I know this because on my Ipad2 mini with my Ph 4 there are no problems.
DJI lift your game, these are not cheap toys that we all have invested in.
2016-11-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Mindy can i please have the app 3.0.1 as the latest 3.0.2 is a nightmare as people have experienced on other posts on here.........ive done all the check and installs etc and its still a nightmare all i want is the app 3.0.1 PLEASSSSSSSSSE
2016-11-10
Use props
userae75821da7
lvl.1
Italy

I did'nt do the upgrade, but today i ha da big problem with altitude. At a distance of 500 m and a height of 22 m all was ok. Wienerwald i start to climb to 45 m he had continue to climb until 187 m. I have the limit at 120 m but he continued clim instead of place full stick down and the vertical Speedtest indicate -1,3m/s. You have and idea?

2016-11-10
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

I fly my p4 this morning. The video quality was worse and it was telling me that there was a propeller guard on and turned off the front sensors. I do not have guards. I watched the video from the chip and it looks good.
2016-11-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Why is DJI not responding lots of pilot are having problems with the update......................just give us the chose to install the old version !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-11-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jcostello Posted at 2016-11-10 21:04
Why is DJI not responding lots of pilot are having problems with the update......................jus ...

You can install the old version, previous versions also available if you're at an older build.

Assistant 2 allows you to roll back.

But in saying that, I think you're only allowed to roll back to previous build.
2016-11-10
Use props
NOVICA
New

Croatia

Same problem with no transmission after update, green screen and video link it freezes !
2016-11-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3

United Kingdom

thanks mate but im useless with computers...............cant the just download a link ??????????????????????
2016-11-10
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

What is the battery optimization for long term storage actually doing? How has it changed?
2016-11-11
Use props
Eye Spy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531467 ft

I'VE DOWN-GRADED NOW.

After upgrading to this new release, the P4 experienced connection issues.
At first test flight after upgrade, while the P4 was still on the ground, the transmitter and P4 connected normally but during the one-minute warm-up it disconnected. (that's never to me happened before).

I powered everything down and attempted to connect again. Only after several attempts to connect did it connect. (this has never happened before either)

I eventually flew a very tentative test flight and everything seemed to function as normal, but I have little confidence in this upgrade.
I don't believe in coincidences.

2016-11-11
Use props
fans235f292f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, after updating to Firmware Version:

and updating all my batteries. my known good battery now has battery error and this battery is at 100% charged and all cells even.

This was a good battery now it's not usable.

Any help on recovering this battery?

Best regards,
Steve
2016-11-11
Use props
Otjep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328461 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I Tried to update to the latest version from previous version using 4 different devices : PC Windows 7, Mac 10.11.6, Android Marshmallow, iPhone 5. All not working... It says failed to update...
I've done 3x downloads DJI Assistance 2 & install & uninstall but still not working... Have tried using may ways still not able to update.

Does anyone got the same issue?!
My Screenshot of the day :

Now :
1. My Phantom 4 didn't recognize by my Android Devices... It connected as Phantom 3. I can't fly anymore with my android.
2. Using iPhone 5, it recognized by Phantom 4 but didn't show any video on the screen... it says Video Transmitter Unable to transmit.

DJI Please help... I am out of town and have to rent a drone because my Phantom 4 didn't work out after the remote upgraded to the latest version but the drone can't be updated to the latest one...
2016-11-11
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-8 20:20
The firmware update is not required.
If everything works fine, you could stay on the current firmw ...

Glad i know this. I just was away from my Home going to fly my Phantom 4 and it showed that aircraft needs firmware update so i didn't fly it went back home, at home powered the Quadcopter back up while my phone had full WIFI connection and the Update didn't/wouldn't show up again But it says Firmware up to date?  And i thought updates were able to be done through the DJI app now. Which in my book is the easiest and safest way to update the systems.
2016-11-11
Use props
zeawil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24797 ft
Puerto Rico

Otjep Posted at 2016-11-11 13:14
I Tried to update to the latest version from previous version using 4 different devices : PC Windows ...

I have the same issue one time and removing the SD card in the bird work for me.
2016-11-11
Use props
zeawil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24797 ft
Puerto Rico

Otjep Posted at 2016-11-11 13:14
I Tried to update to the latest version from previous version using 4 different devices : PC Windows ...

I have the same issue one time and removing the SD card in the bird work for me.
2016-11-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules