10523 145 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeawil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24797 ft
Puerto Rico

Otjep Posted at 2016-11-11 13:14
I Tried to update to the latest version from previous version using 4 different devices : PC Windows ...

I have the same issue one time and removing the SD card in the bird work for me.
2016-11-11
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

Ok guys, I successfully updated via the Go App, funny thing is it never asked me to insert more batteries or anything like that. I went and did a test flight and used multiple batteries and it never asked me to update the batteries. One thing I did notice was that although I did fly out over the sea 4kms and back again,  my video signal quality had drop outs where in the past I didn't have these issues flying the same path.  Not sure if it is a coincidence or not. I wish there was a way to disable the warning about requiring a firmware update because if you could do this I most likely would stick to a level I know works reliably without having to worry about what might break after the new firmware upgrade.

Just another side note, after this upgrade I noticed that the GeoFencing seems more prominent than before the upgrade. What I mean by that is that even though previous firmware upgrades enabled this feature, it's now warning me about no fly zones further out from airports than it did before.  Ie my house, where it didn't in the past as I am well outside the no fly zone.
2016-11-11
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>

Baldo81 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:15
Hi,

What about some of the features of the Mavic?

Yes are we going to get some of the maverick settings
2016-11-12
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

i flu again yesterday and had no issues. The first time it flu It was saying it had prop guards and the front sensors were turned off. The reason may have ben that i took off from the grass and it was a little long.  I also did not close all my active apps the first time so that may have had something to do with it. My range is only about a mile or so but that is because I have lots of trees around where I live. Im sure if I had a clear line of sight it would go farther but have not tested that.
2016-11-12
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-11-11 23:46
Ok guys, I successfully updated via the Go App, funny thing is it never asked me to insert more batt ...

It wont tell you to change batteries. After the update, you need to change batteries and do it again. It will say you need an update and you then just do it again. The second time will not take as long because it is just updating the battery.

Until I figured that out with the Help of Mindy, i put a piece of tape on the battery that needed updating so I would not get them mixed up.
2016-11-12
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

One thing that was a little confusing was in the Go app, When it said to connect the aircraft, it shows an illustration of just the aircraft and the tablet with one wire connecting them. That is exactly how I connected them and it would not work. You need to connect the tablet to the RC and the RC to AC.
2016-11-12
Use props
PeterPan
New
Flight distance : 43556 ft
Germany

I have the exact same problem as Otjep and can't get it to work. Does anyone else has these issues or a solution?

I Tried to update to the latest version from previous version using 4  different devices : PC Windows 7, Mac 10.11.6, Android Marshmallow,  iPhone 5. All not working... It says failed to update...
I've done 3x downloads DJI Assistance 2 & install & uninstall  but still not working... Have tried using may ways still not able to  update.

Does anyone got the same issue?!
My Screenshot of the day :

Now :
1. My Phantom 4 didn't recognize by my Android Devices... It connected as Phantom 3. I can't fly anymore with my android.
2. Using iPhone 5, it recognized by Phantom 4 but didn't show any video  on the screen... it says Video Transmitter Unable to transmit.

DJI Please help... I am out of town and have to rent a drone because my  Phantom 4 didn't work out after the remote upgraded to the latest  version but the drone can't be updated to the latest one...

2016-11-12
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Flight distance : 18766 ft
Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PeterPan Posted at 2016-11-13 06:57
I have the exact same problem as Otjep and can't get it to work. Does anyone else has these issues o ...

Could you please clarify what Android device you are using?
Since iphone 5 is not in our device recommended list.
Could you please change another mobile device and do the update again?
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-11-13 11:38
I got my new p-4 2.5 months ago,I took my time before I flew it to read all I could bout it & watch  ...

Could you please clarify what's the problem with your aircraft?
I'll try my best to help you.
2016-11-12
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-11-11 23:46
Ok guys, I successfully updated via the Go App, funny thing is it never asked me to insert more batt ...

I also did the Update, video feed was very choppy and about 3 quarters of a mile out i lost video feed period. Lost all control with the exception of yaw i think, Transmition signal indicator bars showed full signal not zero signal, now starting to get to 30% didn't trust Return to home got into truck and went to where the video feed dropped out could not see it in the sky nor the ground  nowhere to be found by this time the bird has to be out of power for sure. Drove Back to Home Point and sitting at the red light at intersection across from the parking lot where i took off I look down at my controller and phone and there is a video feed up showing it has landed on the Parking lot and what im looking at is the back of the building that is on the parking lot that i took off from Thank you DJI at least for the Smart return to home function does work  (Turn it on guys it counts big time.) One thing is for sure Something Happened during that flight that i can not explain. Now the things i did different before this flight that i didn't for all other flights. I'm on flight #43 43rd being the only hiccup so far

1. I updated the Firmware. (Might be the Culprit.)

2. Bought Parabolic Range Extender. ( The bird was always in front of me making sure signal was directed at the direction of the bird.)

3. I used the Facebook Live stream for the first time or untill i lost signal.
Oh) P.S. I *was* Promted on each battery i inserted with the inconsistent firmware prompt with slider to update.

2016-11-12
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 259413 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 10:20
If everything works fine, you could stay on the current firmw ...

That's handy to read, not !!  

I was always led to believe you SHOULD always be running the latest firmware.  Bird was flying superfine and now 96% thru the update.  Will prob cause all kids of problems now ...
2016-11-12
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Pauldw100 Posted at 2016-11-12 22:32
That's handy to read, not !!  

I was always led to believe you SHOULD always be running the latest ...

Let it do it's thing do not stop it, let it go. That seems to be the general consensus. I've heard some people said they waited up to around an hour a twenty minutes and then it fianally succeeded. .  
2016-11-12
Use props
Pauldw100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 259413 ft
Latvia

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-13 12:39
Let it do it's thing do not stop it, let it go. That seems to be the general consensus. I've heard  ...

It survived the upgrade ... ... as have flown 2 batteries worth since and all seems ok!
2016-11-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Pauldw100 Posted at 2016-11-13 02:59
It survived the upgrade ...  ... as have flown 2 batteries worth since and all seems ok!

What device are you using may i ask??? And very good to hear.!!!!!
2016-11-13
Use props
fans0db21b81
lvl.1

United States

I had the same unusable video last week after updating my RC, I found this link, (https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... re-upgrade-warning/) and followed his directions and it fixed the issue. I downgraded my RC and it is working now. I think I'll stay where I am until I hear things are working right.
2016-11-13
Use props
fans0db21b81
lvl.1

United States

Timeline Images Posted at 2016-11-9 09:40
Unusable TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!! worked fine before upgrade, now cant fly..........
any suggestions?

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... re-upgrade-warning/
This will fix the proble
2016-11-13
Use props
drwince
lvl.1

United States

Timeline Images Posted at 2016-11-9 09:40
Unusable TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!! worked fine before upgrade, now cant fly..........
any suggestions?

I had the same issue, this fixed mine. https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... re-upgrade-warning/
2016-11-13
Use props
drwince
lvl.1

United States

any suggestions?

I had the same issues, this fixes it.
https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... re-upgrade-warning/
2016-11-13
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>

Jcostello Posted at 2016-11-11 05:53
thanks mate but im useless with computers...............cant the just download a link ?????????????? ...

Don't want to offend you at all but if you are "useless" with computers, how do you manage to use a device as a Phantom that is a 100 times more complicated to work with than any PC or Mac ? And what do you do with the pictures and video's you have taken ?
DJI-assistant 2 is a very simple program to use and makes upgrading a lot easier than any other method. You can download it from the DJ-site. Or just Google "DJI-assistant download"...
2016-11-13
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

As a newcomer to DJI I wish it was made clearer as to when and how to update the batteries and TX. I can't see anything in the manual regarding battery updates.

I bought my new P4 the other day. I updated the craft through DJI-A2 and tried to do the same for the TX but DJI-A2 didn't do anything when connected. I managed to update the TX as I was later prompted to by the DJI-Go app. I've been out flying today and the first flight was fine. But on the second the third flight I got a 'firmware mismatch' warning and I couldn't understand why.

Having just read this thread I now know why; the other two batteries needed updating, but this isn't at all clear. I've just connected the P4 to the PC with the other two batteries and opened A2 it said 'aircraft update required', though this one only took a minute, so I assume it was in fact a battery update. It would be far less confusing if it said 'battery update required'. Also a prompt to do the same with other batteries wouldn't go amiss.

A couple of other things..

App version 3.0.1 is the newest I can find, no 3.0.2

How do we find out what firmware version a battery is on?

These little niggles aside I've had a great weekend with the P4. It's a really impressive bit of kit
2016-11-13
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

DJI should make the Updates/Upgrades solely through the DJI App, i do not use my computer to fly my Bird. I use the device (for me an s5) for that. The in App update would be safer from corruption because i do not use my device to surf the net for hours on end and the updates/upgrades would go much more fluently if the App was the only updater of the software/firmware/upgrade plus to tell you what to update first The aircraft or the RC or if it's a battery update Thus negating mishaps and problems.. And DJI should be fixing the problems with updating instead of it's users coming up with work arounds or saying try this do that use this file to fix the problem roll this back, which i am sure anybody saying this are not DJI Coders. I know they just want to help but it just makes the Grey Area larger and larger.. Way to much money has been invested for Headaches, Problems and Crashes. ..  .  .  . .
I Hope we are all Happy Pilots soon. I did fly my bird again today it seemed to camera glith just while it hovered but in flight it cleared up did not loose signal all though stupid me never pressed recod nor was i running Face book live which i was running when i lost signal with the bird yesterday but i wasn't recording to SD Card either yesterday. It looks like i'm sticking to Farm Land to fly till this problem is solved for sure and correctly.

2016-11-13
Use props
UsianBolt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What do you mean? The RC firmware was released at least a week before this aircraft firmware, so we were not meant to upgrade the RC firmware? Or are you saying that we need to downgrade the RC firmware to 1.6, apply the aircraft firmware, and then let it go back to 1.8 again.
2016-11-13
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

Just flew, loosing transmission 100 feet away, video is glitchy. DJI, what's going on????
2016-11-13
Use props
WWK888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4925 ft
United States

Ay about 90% I got a message saying "Device Not Supported By DJI".  I have been using the same iPad Mini 4 from day one!  Whats that all about???
2016-11-13
Use props
drwince
lvl.1

United States

UsianBolt Posted at 2016-11-14 06:04
What do you mean? The RC firmware was released at least a week before this aircraft firmware, so we ...

That's what I had to do to get my video feed working. I have left mine at 1.6 until DJI gets things worked out.
2016-11-13
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-11-13
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-11-13
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-11-13 11:38
I got my new p-4 2.5 months ago,I took my time before I flew it to read all I could bout it & watch  ...

Why so expensive?
2016-11-13
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-11-14
Use props
SIDHU
lvl.1

India

P4 is a real shit in terms of range.. for that P3P is any day better.. i am wondering why i bought P4..
Trying everything to get a good range, changed locations and what not but just waste of time and money.
2016-11-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Welp another day with no joy. Took the bird flying again today and from the start video feed was choppy. Got to about a quarter mile away and the video feed became absolutely useless still had full control of the bird though turned back on to it's return to home line on the map  began getting signal back but it remained so unusable you coudn't even think about using it as FPV Actually what it was doing was looping the last thing is saw before the blackout i think. I was streaming Facebook live from take-off stopped it after a few minutes thinking it was causing the problem but to no avail NO JOY, the videos i shot on SD card are perfect This is DJI's Problem. Pitiful can't even fly it to the end of a Quarter Mile drag strip.. Thanks for all the hours staring at the Phantom 4 sitting on the Table, It's taking great  Scenic Photo's and Video from there..
2016-11-14
Use props
codevilla
lvl.1

Brazil

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-11-14 10:21
Hi mindy,thanks for your offer,RADIO CHANNEL QUALITY POOR-it warns me bout interference & don't fl ...

I have the same alert about Radio Channel Quality!
My video is terrible since the last update! Lag, green screen, lost transmission...
2016-11-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-8 20:20
The firmware update is not required.
If everything works fine, you could stay on the current firmw ...

If the firmware was not required , Then why were we not warned it was not required before pressing OK. My Video feed is absolutely useless now. Shall we have a look at the Live Facebook Feed I turned facebook live off It even got worse from there.!!!!  
https://www.facebook.com/Normn8or/videos/10209466300071625/?l=3815646558882962154
2016-11-14
Use props
mrkramer903
Banned
Australia

2016-11-14
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-11-14 23:57
I've moaned a lot on here &there's heaps of us that can't fly your p-4 cause of issues,you would thi ...

Amen.!!! You can go up about 15 posts up to find where my problems started.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mrkramer903 Posted at 2016-11-14 10:21
Hi mindy,thanks for your offer,RADIO CHANNEL QUALITY POOR-it warns me bout interference & don't fl ...

Have you tried to change another place to fly?
Also you could enter the transmission settings and choose a stable channel.
2016-11-15
Use props
UsianBolt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

drwince Posted at 2016-11-14 01:26
That's what I had to do to get my video feed working. I have left mine at 1.6 until DJI gets thing ...

Ah ok, I've done the same. Just got confused by that article because it was talking about doing the aircraft firmware before the RC firmware, despite the RC firmware coming out first in this case.
2016-11-15
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I have missed a few posts but as yet not done the f/w update, I flew last week and it was fine up to about 1kmwhich I'm happy with, shall I try the new update or leave it for a while if I'm happy ?
2016-11-15
Use props
SightS
New

Canada

Updated firmware. Now the option of turning off forward red lights is no longer available. Unless I missed something. Not a big deal for some, but a pain for me. For now that's the only thing I've noticed. I've seen comments of the Samsung edge 7 not working for many people. I've been using it so far no issues. Hope it stays that way.
2016-11-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules