DJI GO App v2.7.1 on iOS 10.1.x ??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SZNJ732
lvl.1

United States

Hey Fellow Droners!

Does anyone still use DJI GO app v2.7.x on their iPhone?

I currently use DJI GO App v2.7.1 on my iPhone 6 (iOS version 9.3).

I was lucky enough to turn off auto-update, and been happily flying ever since.

I have skipped most firmware & app updates, because if its not absolutely broken, why fix it?

From my experience, every 'update' brings more issues and heartache, more bad than good in all of those so-called "improvements", and trust me, i've learned the hard way.

I own both Phantom 3 Standard and P3 Pro.

Can someone please share their experience, and possibly offer some advice or answer these questions:

- I’m currently thinking about updating my iOS to versions 10.1.1.  Would the GOApp v.2.7 work with the new IOS 10.x update?

Does anyone still use the v2.7.x Go App on the newer iOS 10?

Is GoApp Backward compatible at all?

- Any potential issues with older Firmware on the newer iOS 10 on an iPhone 6? (My current P3S Firmware: : v1.4.60; P3Pro:v1.7.0060)

- Is anyone still using older versions of the app?

Sorry about the long message…

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated… Thank you!!
2016-11-8
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'm operating with an iPad mini 2, iOS 9.3, DJI Go 3.0.1 and P3S with 1.2.40+ firmware. The only thing I ever updated was the DJI Go App. Everything works great. I have been getting a notice on the iPad to upgrade to 10.1.1. Like you said, "If it's not broken don't fix it."
2016-11-8
Use props
SZNJ732
lvl.1

United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-8 09:02
I'm operating with an iPad mini 2, iOS 9.3, DJI Go 3.0.1 and P3S with 1.2.40+ firmware. The only thi ...

thanks buddy! that's what i wanted to know, the IOS 10 compatibility with older GoApp versions and older firmware.. I think im gonna pull the trigger on the latest iOS update.. I really hate updating because i know that every update (and not just GoApp, but most other apps) comes with  issues and i could end up grounded fort a while ...
2016-11-12
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

SZNJ732 Posted at 2016-11-12 09:46
thanks buddy! that's what i wanted to know, the IOS 10 compatibility with older GoApp versions and ...

HI

sorry to ask but do you have the ios ipa for v.2.7.1 dji go app ? I am currently on v3.0 but prefer older versions but im unable to find the ipa file for any.

many thanks
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules