Making drone videos
771 9 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shubby_g
New

Australia

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum so please let me know if I make any mistakes. I have recently bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and am loving it. This is my youtube channel where I upload some of my videos I film and edit. Let me know what you think! Feedback and constructive critisism is always welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ShubbyG

The following video is what I believe to be my best work yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZVNd8u_tAU
2016-11-8
Use props
fans9efd7b08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70873 ft
Australia

Pretty good, my only criticism  being that your scene changes are too sudden, might be better if they were progressive.

Where is this, down near Delamere, just wondering as I used to live at Hallet Cove.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really nice video. Thanks for sharing.
2016-11-8
Use props
shubby_g
New

Australia

fans9efd7b08 Posted at 2016-11-9 01:03
Pretty good, my only criticism  being that your scene changes are too sudden, might be better if the ...

Cheers, I will try to work on it.

I have actually made a video in Hallet Cove too. Its on the channel.
Yeah this is around that area that you are talking about.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Great video , while we can see the prop shadow, you could try to tilt the camera down. Look forward more nice videos.
2016-11-9
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha shubby,

Yes, mahalo for sharing your video with us.  If I might suggest, you may want to slow down your rotations, especially your PANs.  With high a resolution camera, you are capturing beautiful recordings, but if you rotate so fast that the PAN is jerky, the viewer is unable to see the beauty recorded.  

Basic principles of smooth PANs are to rotate slowly and smoothly, use the highest resolution you can and finally keep your Frames per Second at or above 30 FPS.  If your highest resolution requires 24 FPS or 25 FPS, drop down to a lower resolution so you can have 30 FPS.  Then during editing, you will see that your PANs are smooth and beautiful.  There are also some settings you can use to help smooth out PANs, but these suggestions are a starting point.

I look forward to more of your videos.  Australia is so beautiful.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-9
Use props
shubby_g
New

Australia

Been a while since I've made a video. This is the latest one which includes a bit of DSLR video work aswell. Kimba is a small town in South Australia, considered halfway across the width of Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_DTZSwk2x8

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Both videos are really nice, thanks for sharing. There is definitely a nice contrast in color between the two video.
2016-12-29
Use props
ErC...
lvl.2
Hong Kong

very nice landscapes.. thanks for sharing...
2017-1-2
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now