Post here if your Mavic WORKS PERFECTLY
9071 172 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiNE0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9833 ft
United States

No problems/Issues here.....  Still learning all the functions!!!

Pls forward the video to 2:10 for focus feature. Screen TAP!

2016-11-30
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

3 weekends with 2+ hours of flight time, flying has no problem. only had once formatted SD card before flight but no video saved on SD card. working great on a LG V10 Android phone. used to have a P2V+ and the Mavic's size make it a perfect weekend companion no matter where I go. where ever I can fly the Mavic will go!
2016-11-30
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

EpicLPer Posted at 2016-11-29 00:19
I love how this thread has like 3 pages only but the various issue threads combined have more than 1 ...

Those "problem" threads really only have 1-3 people posting a problem, with a lot of people replying. This thread has 100+ replies with people and working mavics. Nice try though.
2016-12-1
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

Ditto, great idea for the post.  When you have problems with this unit is it the Mavic or Pilot error or not being familiar with the new unit.  
When you have a positive response it tells us 2 things, the mavic is great,  and the pilot followed the instruction.
Still waiting for mine,  making due with my P4 until then.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-1 11:38
Those "problem" threads really only have 1-3 people posting a problem, with a lot of people replyi ...

I like this thread too, everyone posts when they have an issue but hardly anyone posts when nothing is wrong.
Also, many of the threads across the forum with issues is caused by the pilot not knowing all the features, functions, and especially the limitations of the aircraft.
2016-12-1
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mine seems to be working ok. Was not sure about front obstacle avoidance but it was my fault.

2016-12-1
Use props
fans3ccb8147
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131716 ft
  • >>>
United States

So far so GREAT.  What a cool bird!
2016-12-1
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

89 flights and counting.
2016-12-1
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-1 17:58
I like this thread too, everyone posts when they have an issue but hardly anyone posts when nothin ...

Hi ken have you got your mavic yet ?.
2016-12-1
Use props
Boltzfanboy77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298209 ft
United States

I have flown mine over 30 times now in a few different locations with a total distance of 65000 ft, and had it fly at a top speed of 44.6 MPH.  So far everything has been working great.  I'm building my confidence with each flight.  So, far I have taken it out to around 10,000 ft with a max altitude of 6740.4 ft.  I've used just about all the features on it with no real issues to mention.  I still need to try the follow-me feature will actively following my truck.  I am loving this drone more and more.  It is making me want to go out and look for more places to fly it.  No my problem is editing all the footage that I have.  Any recommendation on a good editing software?  I have had to downgrade the 4K footage so that I can edit it using my macbook pro with iMovie.  Below is a quick edit of my Veteran's day weekend at Big Bear, CA.  I'm in the process of editing some footage that I shoot over the Thanksgiving weekend in Sedona, AZ.  I'll share once I'm done editing.
https://www.facebook.com/juanfrancis.torio/videos/726212787525881/
2016-12-1
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Boltzfanboy77 Posted at 2016-12-1 20:12
I have flown mine over 30 times now in a few different locations with a total distance of 65000 ft,  ...

Great footage I'm pleased that you have had no problems with your mavic, your post has made me feel a lot better.I have only had my mavic 2 days and not had chance to fly it because of work and it getting dark early  so hopefully this weekend weather permitting my mavic will fly.
2016-12-1
Use props
RootCtrl
lvl.2

United States

46 flights over 3 hours of flight time. Only issue I have is a crooked/ not center left stick on the controller.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-12-1 14:42
Hi ken have you got your mavic yet ?.

Should be by the weekend.
2016-12-1
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-1 20:52
Should be by the weekend.

Or you will love it when you get it, I remember you saying that to us lot lol. Please will you post your videos.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-12-1 15:55
Or you will love it when you get it, I remember you saying that to us lot lol. Please will you pos ...

Ya, I remember. Actually it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow but I probably won't have time to open the box until the weekend.
2016-12-1
Use props
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

Love the little bird... it's almost too easy to fly.. which could result in being over-confident... ;-)  Been flawless so far. Just making sure to get a proper GPS lock and being patient before take-off. Giving the bird time to get it's bearings..
Didn't do any serious filming yet.. But had a lot of fun by having the Mav chase my son around the beach... and this time of year the sun's always low on the horizon around here...  

It's well worth the wait.. can't wait to put in more airtime.. much more..

2016-12-1
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Have about 5 flights so far (it's cold in Chicago!) not one problem yet with the Mavic it self.  Very cool product, very stable, hope to not have any problems.
2016-12-1
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2016-12-2
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just gets better and better.

2016-12-3
Use props
robfullam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27802 ft
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-1 21:00
Ya, I remember. Actually it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow but I probably won't have time to op ...

Had my first Mavic Flight today, the product is nothing short of amazing. Well done DJI. Very much worth the wait.
2016-12-3
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

EpicLPer Posted at 2016-11-29 16:19
I love how this thread has like 3 pages only but the various issue threads combined have more than 1 ...

I love how you are counting posts i also love how you are you are implying 95% of those posts such as " bad luck mate sorry for your crash"  "looks like pilot error" "upload your flight logs" "were you in sport mode?" etc etc etc etc etc are all people claiming issues with their mavic {:4_181:} heheh its funny how people all have different intelligence levels
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

robfullam Posted at 2016-12-4 03:56
Had my first Mavic Flight today, the product is nothing short of amazing. Well done DJI. Very much ...

It is quite amazing isn't.
Hard to believe all that technology is built into an aircraft that small.
2016-12-3
Use props
ReinertA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134026 ft
United States

After updating my software, watching all of the tutorials and paying attention to EVERYTHING ...and installing the new DJI GO 4 app, my Mavic works perfectly. Very, very happy with it.
2016-12-3
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro,

Working fine, over 60,000 feet of flight. Went thru 3 batteries several times. Only issue was the false alert when flying directly facing the sun.  
Someone suggested to stay 3 to 4 feet away from the sun and it solved the problem.{:4_157:}
NOT... STILL WAITING ON FIRM UPGRADE!
2016-12-3
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Excellent design and so far for me 100% reliability.
I think we are pretty lucky to have this technology in our hands for such a price.
Well done DJI, i hope the new revenue stream from the mavic will be used to help advance your company further as world leader in this field.
We are the winners it feels.
YouTube is about to get swamped so i hope theyve added an extra TerraByte or two.
2016-12-3
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

My Samsung phone didn't explode. It is totally reliable as well! Pointless thread.

DJI-Ken: did you actually get your Mavic yet or are you still waiting!
2016-12-4
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is a perfect machine

2016-12-4
Use props
rodpanam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733504 ft
France

Mine is great, i fly today in Deauville in France, works perfectly.
Thanks a lot DJI
2016-12-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

fansc2847c7b Posted at 2016-12-5 01:23
My Samsung phone didn't explode. It is totally reliable as well! Pointless thread.

DJI-Ken: did yo ...

Pointless post more like it!
Pity your samsung incendiary device has been recalled and not permitted to be taken onto any aircraft in the world even though it works perfectly in your childish analogy to negate a positive thread like this.
2016-12-4
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic has been working well so far with 3 hours of flight time and 30,000 feet total distance, all with a single battery!

4K test flight from this morning.

2016-12-4
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Only had one flight so I haven't checked everything but the flight was error free apart from me not pressing record. I thought I had some great shots of my mavic flying with a flock of birds and the sun rise in the background but I suppose you learn from your mistakes and it won't happen again.
2016-12-4
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got back from my first flight, went thru 2 battery's. Everything was rock solid, the stability and ease of flying was amazing. The only negative, I was at a large open area and a cop pulled up and told me I couldn't fly there. He was cool though. Right before that the dji go 4 app crashed on the second battery but I was flying los and I got the app quickly restarted and connected again. I'm wondering if I should fly with the other dji go app. Other than that I like it more than my p3p, hope everything keeps working right
2016-12-4
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Well, if DJI would have honored my ordered that I placed on the 29th of Sept and if they had delivered my drone by now, I would have tested it and provide my thoughts about not having issues with the bird.
But as they dont even have a delivery day yet. Well I cannot post any positive about the drone.

I hope I dont get a pre production unit as many have recieved with issues in the autofocus, flyaways, irresponsive controls and "auto crash" for return to home.
2016-12-4
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Another successful flight! I love this little drone!!! Tried 4K in this video for the first time today @30fps but I think I prefer 2.7K at 30fps a little better... Seems to be a bit smoother video in yaw movements and gimble adjustments
2016-12-4
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

like this thread!  :-)

greetings from vienna.

DJI_0026-Edit.jpg
DJI_0025-Edit.jpg
2016-12-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Everything is going better than I hoped with my new Mavic. 2hrs flight time and testing many new features. Obstacle avoidance is rock solid, everything is!
2016-12-6
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

Mine is perfect, it even handled it 2 small crashes ALL MY FAULT,  indoor flying is a stupidity to begin with....
one propeler has a dent and still flyes with it like a champ!!
2016-12-6
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

See Gizmodo's review confirming the crooked horizon and gimbal issues. The only atraugh horizons I see are from videos where the drone is basically still or really slow. Try flying forward at a reasonable rate of speed or yawing and you will always have an annoying crooked horizon. The Mavic is a beta product that DJI can't even deliver almost three months after it went on sale.
2016-12-6
Use props
HangTime81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29032 ft
United States

fansc2847c7b Posted at 2016-12-6 09:02
See Gizmodo's review confirming the crooked horizon and gimbal issues. The only atraugh horizons I see are from videos where the drone is basically still or really slow. Try flying forward at a reasonable rate of speed or yawing and you will always have an annoying crooked horizon. The Mavic is a beta product that DJI can't even deliver almost three months after it went on sale.

Bro,

Do you even have one? Looks like most all your posts attempt to aggregate complaints you've heard from other people. What's your point? Mine works AWESOME!! Perfect out of the box, and ever since.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansc2847c7b
lvl.1

United States

Bro - I bet your horizon is crooked if you video while actually moving and yawing at any real speed. And bro, the review is highly accurate. And bro, just because many Samsung phones didn't explode doesn't mean the product wasn't flawed. Which is why, bro, this is a stupid thread which I will happily contribute to.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules