o(^-^)o
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

1hr 18min flight time, 17 flights.
Nexus 6p Android 7.0.1.

No issues so far.
No IMU calibration. One compass calibration , (its never asked me to except that once. )
Only thing is i seem to calibrate the gimbal a lot.... and even then ...:\ hahhahah
Flying with a friend
2016-11-8
Use props
themosttoys
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-9 08:23
You mentioned it takes a long time to warm up, I just suggested a way to stop this from happening, ...

LOL, I assure you I am very experienced.

No flight characteristics indicating a problem with the IMU.  Only problem is random extended warm up times.  This will not be resolved by an IMU calibration and calibrating the IMU is much more likely to do more harm than good.  DJI top technical team has specifically said to not calibrate the IMU unless it is requested by the app.  

I appreciate your reply.  It is the thought that counts.
2016-11-8
Use props
Matt05x
lvl.1

Australia

Current version iOS, iPhone 6
2016-11-8
Use props
1efishinsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

As of this evening, I have 4 hours 15 minutes of flight time on my Mavic
fullsizeoutput_33e.jpeg
2016-11-8
Use props
Matt05x
lvl.1

Australia

Everything stable no issues so far
2016-11-8
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

Mine works perfectly as well
2016-11-8
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

22 flights here and using Samsung S7 Edge with the RC. Tested every mode with sensors on. Used RTH 98% of the time as well. My only real issue at this point is not receiving the extra batteries I ordered.
2016-11-8
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft

It would kinda be nice the block numbers/ manufacture dates (serial number of these units) it would help determine if a certain batch is good or not, or when the manufacture problems happen (if it was part of the problem)
2016-11-8
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

8atU4uGb2cGi Posted at 2016-11-9 12:17
It would kinda be nice the block numbers/ manufacture dates (serial number of these units) it would  ...

How about you start a new thread for that!
There are already plenty of "issues" threads already, which you can add to. Lets keep this thread to discussion on what is working well for people. Why does everyone want to troubleshoot our lack of trouble ?

I now have three fully recharged batteries and some time to kill - So off to get some more hours up
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-9 07:38
Bingo!... and I have been cycling through the 6 batteries on mine frequently for just that reason. ...

That's what has everyone stir crazy about the Mavic, the portability and how they crammed that much amazing technology into the Mavic. That combined with the price point, it's untouchable by any other manufacture by far.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

themosttoys Posted at 2016-11-9 08:12
IMU calibrated at the factory.  I do not calibrate IMU unless the app requests it.  The strange pa ...

The IMU is calibrated from the factory in a controlled environment and does not need to be re-calibrated unless you experience a flight behavior problem or the app asks you to.
As far as it taking a while to warm up, you can shorten the warmup period with a cold IMU calibration. Personally I do that with my aircraft, I have the app up and battery sitting next to the RC/iPad. I let the aircraft sit for 15 to 20 minutes in a cold dry environment. In the meantime I have the app already on the IMU calibration page. Then I quickly install the battery and power up with the aircraft on a FLAT surface, as soon as it connects I start the IMU calibration. After that the warmup time will be much less.
During the calibration, even if the dog bumps the table I redo the entire process. It's extremely important that the aircraft be perfectly still during the calibration process.
2016-11-8
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Mine has flown flawlessly for 62 flights totaling over 14 hours of flight time for a distance of 222 miles. Have played with all the intelligent modes except for terrain following. I used an iPhone 6 plus for one flight but an iPad mini 4 for the remainder. RTH and land almost every flight because it is cool. The only thing I'm not sure about is "Precision Landing", sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I figure it is something I'm not doing right.

EDIT: Have only calibrated the compass several times.
2016-11-8
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-9 10:59
That's what has everyone stir crazy about the Mavic, the portability and how they crammed that muc ...

It's untouchable for me because I have yet to hear from the reseller... once it arrives, will be touching all over.
2016-11-8
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

My Mavic is perfectly fine so far. 9 flights and nothing has gone wrong. Had to calibrate the compass every time but I would do this regardless just to be safe. Haven't had to do IMU calibration once...

2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2016-11-9 11:17
Mine has flown flawlessly for 62 flights totaling over 14 hours of flight time for a distance of 222 ...

Here are the instructions, make sure all of the are met.
Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 8.13.32 PM.png
2016-11-8
Use props
ALTO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 968291 ft
Malaysia

No problems with my Mavic other than user induced jitterness.
Only NORMAL Mode, tried using the other modes but didn't get the Mavic to follow me on ACTTRK.

Noticed the videos tend to be a lagging in places, what settings would you guys suggest
2016-11-8
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

RAVEN7 Posted at 2016-11-8 08:07
Hey jake, did you do an IMU calibration or a stick calibration or just the compas and go fly. Just  ...

I did a compass calibration because the app told me to and then I just flew and went. I recently did a IMU calibration and a new compass calibration. Just did a 25min flight today in the mountains of Alaska and it was amazing! I'll be posting footage as soon as I can get it prepped.

it was 33f when I took off and about 29f when I got back but the Mavic was just fantastic. Not a single problem. I was frozen by the time I brought it back but the Mavic did great. I was VERY careful to keep the battery warm till I was ready to fly and let the Mavic warm up for a little over a minute before I took off.
2016-11-8
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222867 ft
Germany

[subscribed]
2016-11-8
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

I have flown mine at least 30 times, have flown 2 miles out over sea!!!! (yes I was scared)

I have all modes and all work fine, few teething problems with active track over WIFI,.....my Mavic has been great!

Gimbal can be a little off in higher winds, not a big deal
2016-11-9
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

And you wanna know the best thing of all? It lives in my camera bag which I pretty much take everywhere

I was traveling to my shop one day and there was an incredible sunrise, before I would just have to wish I had brought my phantom, now I just whip out the mavic and in minutes im in the air filming.....its GREAT
2016-11-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Marsson Posted at 2016-11-9 05:02
It's a good topic for us who are waiting in line to see things can go right. but is another statisti ...

Professional pollsters failed big time with three elections this year. So that's BS. Many negative forum posters are insecure, upset people who want some place to unload frustrations and this isn't specific to this forum.

However, there is much to be learned from reading through the more constructive posts. Takes some discipline to do so though.
2016-11-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No problems so far. Have flown 30kms total to date. Over water.  Wind to 5m/s with gusts of 7 m/s. Max distance 3.5kms, no signal drop out. Max speed tried 18 m/s on sport mode, very briefly. I was surprised by the last figure. Video performance similar to the P4. I like the smaller FOV.

Much better than I expected.
2016-11-9
Use props
DPL
lvl.2

China

All good

- 1st Drone
- 11 flights
- Mostly in ATTI mode + Tripod + Tracking tests
- Controller with iPhone 6+
- Manuals read (repeatedly) and Vids watched

Still fine tuning Vid and Camera settings - but all good so far.
2016-11-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-8 18:22
Is it possible for all the lucky ones who have been flying their Mavic without incidence let us know ...

iPad Air 2, DJI go 3.0.2, iOS 9
2016-11-9
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great to hear all the positive feedback. Keep it coming!
2016-11-9
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8186496 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add another Mavic to the list with 0 issues.  I've owned the Phantom 3 and 4 so I've been putting the Mavic through a series of rigourous tests (maybe I'm overstating this. lol)  these past few days and it works perfectly.  I'm actually liking the narrower field of view because you can maintain a higher and safer distance from objects below while appearing much closer than you actually are.
2016-11-11
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm the OP but might as well add my 2 cents since I now have 5 flights done.

Zero problems. No blurry areas in the picture, no problems flying, no problems with range. It simply works perfect.

Well worth the wait
2016-11-11
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

I had to do an IMU calibration on first start up, after that had an issue with compass calibration but may have been a user problem. Sorted and first flight was great, active tracking worked good, RTH was fine and within 6", all in all was a joy. Very stable in the air holding its position, used the in app editor for posting to friends, wouldn't mind some instructions on that editor, took a bit to figure out the whole 6" clip to make a longer stream. interesting filters built in. wanted to fly today but we had winds gusting to 50klm (30MPH) so thought better of it, but was really tempted to just go out and hover and see how it handled..Great job DJI! and to see 2 firmware  updates out is encouraging as they work out initial bugs..Great Machine!
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mir Posted at 2016-11-12 10:41
I'm the OP but might as well add my 2 cents since I now have 5 flights done.

Zero problems. No blur ...

Glad yo hear you are enjoying your Mavic.
2016-11-11
Use props
dorkieboyz
lvl.1

United States

So Far, My Mavic is working fine.

2016-11-11
Use props
t-keeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

Have 6 flights on my new Mavic and so far it is working PERFECTLY even in 20-25 mph winds! ! !
The photos & video look to be as good as I get from my Inspire-1.
2016-11-11
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

24 flights so far not including short test flights etc. Total flight time 2.16 hrs, 10165m distance and real issues to speak of. Occasionally notice a slightly tilted horizon though. Tried out Active Track for the first time this morning. Got it to track my car through a reasonably open paddock. Worked flawlessly. Was not bothered HV power lines during another test either which I was pleasantly surprised by. The only thing I noted when in that area was a little more time to acquire sufficient satellites to enter GPS flight mode.

If there are any niggles, it has to be the video quality on 1080 50/60 (depends pal/ntsc). The aliasing is crazy. Hardware limitation or inefficient codec I'm not sure. Time will tell.
2016-11-11
Use props
eBoosted
lvl.1
Peru

Ate you all on android? The probles seems to be occurring mostly on iOS
2016-11-11
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

for this theory you first have to survey how many people flyint with ios in comparison with android.
i would guess mostly ios
2016-11-11
Use props
goldyren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158054 ft
United States

Hi All,

Have about 5 flights - nothing too crazy yet, just some mild flying in and outdoors - using a Samsung edge s6 - everything works so far - love this drone!
everyone that sees it, is absolutely in awe at how small yet sophisticated this little drone is.

Ren
2016-11-12
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

6 flights (1 indoors) (5 with ipad mini) I love the set up with ipad mini . Have used most flight modes and everything is working great. no issues. furthest flight was one mile away.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans72488b36
lvl.1

United States

I've flown four times so far, and absolutely love my mavic!  Controls are tight, functionality is expansive, and so easy to cart along and fly wherever.   Longest flight so far, 2.5 km.  This machine is mind-blowingly amazing!
2016-11-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Mine worked perfectly for my pocket sold the Mavic for $2500 and sold the fly more combo portion for $1000.
2016-11-12
Use props
Soiledmist
lvl.1

10 flights so far with no issues.  All outside with Max distance of 7k ft on a Note 5.  This is my first drone and was a little scared after reading some posts, but everything appears to be working as advertised.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans4ce44712
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No Problems Here,   Love it!
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules