Out of spare parts!!!
2211 15 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was just cleaning a small finger print off of the ND filter and my finger went right through the glass. Just stupid... All my black props have been chipped by branches...rediculous... I have only had one battery for this thing since I received it despite ordering it with 6 extra batteries... Unacceptable... Can't find spare parts anywhere... DJI... :/

So far I have not been in a bind for these parts but I am also holding back several projects until I have these parts. I am not one to bitch on forums but this is getting insane!!!
2015-2-7
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

I Agree. I've had props on order for along time and no success. Hard to find any answers on even a shipping date as well. You would think a plastic prop would be easy to outsource for DJI if they can't produce them fast enough.
2015-2-7
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

This company is simply in deep shit. I think its going to take another 3 months for them to pick up their pants and learn to walk again... What can you expect from something being operated 100% in China? :@
2015-2-7
Use props
jorukavi1
lvl.2
Croatia

Waiting for
10 props
5 batteries
props locks
remote

All payed 50 days ago
2015-2-8
Use props
aaron.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

EBay is your friend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15154620 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ordered and delivered in about a week.  They are nicer than DJI's props.

You're welcome.
2015-2-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks aaron. I placed an order. any chance you ran across any ND filters?
2015-2-8
Use props
info.rossfeighe
lvl.1

United States

How the hell have you broken all 8 props already? You've crashed it that many times?  I've been able to get 2 extra TB47 batteries in the last 2 weeks, I have a TB48 on order. I can charge in my car so once I get the 4th one I think I'll be set. Ebay stores seem to have TB47s in stock too, I'd suggest checking stock before placing orders anywhere to avoid waiting forever.
2015-2-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not all 8 just 3 of the black ones.. All stupid mistakes while learning to fly and pushing my luck by trying to fly under and around trees...All happened in the first 2 days... I have been on the same props since then with no problems... The ND filter, well that thing is to thin... I had it in a cloth and was rubbing it clean with 2 fingers and the next thing I knew it was in prices...
2015-2-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-2-9 16:56
Not all 8 just 3 of the black ones.. All stupid mistakes while learning to fly and pushing my luck b ...

Send the filter back to DJI for replacement
2015-2-9
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 I do not have your patience to deal DJI.. I contacted support and as you know they are very unhelpful and just point you to "your dealer". I will receive a filter from DJI as soon as they ship them to B&H or when I find a third party solution.
2015-2-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-2-9 17:09
GB44 I do not have your patience to deal DJI.. I contacted support and as you know they are very unh ...

I seen somewhere on the forum that someone had purchased some stock filters off eBay and they fit the thread on the DJI camera.  Maybe the Chat line can confirm the thread size so you can explore what is available elsewhere.
2015-2-9
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Here is an email I sent to DJI on March 2nd, 2015:

I am becoming very concerned over the lack of being able to order spare parts, especially propellers, the most vulnerable part. What good is such an expensive aircraft if spare parts are unavailable? Here are the spare parts that should be available yet are not:

Propellers...the most vulnerable spare part of all!
Propeller locks
Motors
Camera and gimbal assembly
The aircraft itself (either that or individual aircraft components that a user can replace)

If DJI is not going to make these items available, I need to know now, so I can switch to a different drone company, which would be a shame. DJI needs to reserve some of their manufactured sets for existing users who need spare parts to stay in business, otherwise it's goodbye, DJI. There is no viable excuse for not having spare parts available, while still selling your aircraft sets!
2015-3-2
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

aaron.email Posted at 2015-2-9 12:13
EBay is your friend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151546203996?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=S ...

Aaron, how are the EBay props working out for you. Any feedback you can give on quality, balance, and performance would be helpful.
2015-3-2
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I received my eBay carbon fibre props today. They look great only problem is the prop locks don't fit them.. it's raining here so I can't test them and I am a little concerned about using them without the locks....
2015-3-2
Use props
franknesss
lvl.2

United States

NomadicFlight Posted at 2015-2-8 05:08
This company is simply in deep shit. I think its going to take another 3 months for them to pick up  ...

I think this comment is extremely unfair. First of all, there are a lot of acceptable and well run business in China. You might have a different opinion, however, I have lived in Asia for 5yrs, and can tell you from first hand experience.

Second, I'm pretty sure you're not aware, but the whole west coast port/dock situation has really back logged a lot of companies. (Google this, and you'll be surprised how serious it is) It has been so bad, that it was considered almost a state emergency. Honda, for example, had to lay off workers because raw materials were stuck at the port for so long. Not to mention the perishables going in and out of the west cost ports.

My company has felt this issue as well. I'm sure DJI is feeling the pressure, however, port closure is out of the manufactures hands.

Just my two cents.
2015-3-2
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

I'm planning on using MayTech props until they've sorted out the problem with their own brand. I understand that carbon fibre is not recommended, but what else are you meant to do? I have 3x black and 1x silver prop left after a couple of mishaps.

Here is a link that someone made on Vimeo regarding the MayTech props. It certainly encouraged me to have a go.

2015-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules