RC Cable Fray
1561 6 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

I just wanted to know if anyone has noticed that the RC cable has started to fray? Not too much just yet but I have only had it for 5 days now. I understand why it is happening as the design, in my opinion, might need some changes.

rc

rc

2016-11-8
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Is it possible to do some light sanding to the groove for the cable? So it does not fray any more.
I would also suggest either some shrink tubing or some sugru to preventing it fraying more. (Tape does not look good imo.)
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'd suggest you to place the cable properly before you unfold and fold the mobile device clamp.
2016-11-8
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 14:54
I'd suggest you to place the cable properly before you unfold and fold the mobile device clamp.

And by suggesting to place the cable properly, how exactly would that be done?  Sometimes I have to wonder about the "support" offered here...
He has a picture of the cable.  Is there something wrong with how he has the cable run?  Perhaps you could mention that?  Perhaps?  If not, then what do you mean by plading the cable properly???
2016-11-9
Use props
Stokke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

The cable should be placed as it was when the controller first came out of the box. In the cable slot. The OP clearly has the cable on the outside of the grip instead of running on the inside.
2016-11-9
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-9 14:54

Yeah and what do you expect us to do when the RC needs to be charged?
I personally think it's a bad design and you should look into changing it for the next one.
2016-11-16
Use props
0sarc0
lvl.2

Australia

Stokke Posted at 2016-11-9 16:45
The cable should be placed as it was when the controller first came out of the box. In the cable slo ...

I understanding how it works, however the point of this photo was not to show proper cable placement but to show the cable fray.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules