Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Upgrades
4935 16 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Just some ideas I have for the future please share yours.
1. CAMERA UPGRADE
1.a (Conceal wires for better protection) Redesign so the the wires and ribbons are inclosed inside of the body.
1.b (Better low light capabilities) ISO Range around 6400 to 10000.
1.c (Slight tilt up on the camera) 20% to 30% more on the top range.
1.d (Sound Recording) Some people want to hear the audio. Not a must for me.
1.e (Record Flight Information)

2. Landing Gear
2.a (Taller landing gear to protect camera from surface.) 3" would be adequate for tall grass.
2.b Wider landing gear. To prevent tip overs. Extend out left to right and out to the rear. Keep front the same so that landing gear is not seen in the camera.
2.c Camera Protection built in from the landing gear or from the main body.
3. Phantom Body
3.a (Swap Light Colors) Move green to front and red to rear. Makes a better visual.
3.b (Reinforce Arms) So that in minor crashes it does not bend the body at the motor.
3.c (Connections) Port connections for all add on accessories somewhere under the body for like IOSD, LightBridge and other. For a Plug N Play connections.

4. GPS
4.a (Better Shielding) It has been proven that better shielding will acquire more satellites.
4.b Stronger and better GPS.
Video of what I'm talking about Sorry I did not record the before and after:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOfDZ0Cu-Q&list=UU6fqGgjRbBF83v1MF-TqfHA
Video of after install Getting 13 satellites. Before I was lucky to get even 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VViS17-KNxs&list=UU6fqGgjRbBF83v1MF-TqfHA
This was the trouble I was having:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31s6NDFUlA
5. Software (Vision App)
5.a (Waypoint flying) being able to use the YAW while filming.
5.b (Maps) Maybe a way to down load the maps for use with out a WiFi connection.
5.c (Audible Alerts) Out of Range, Restricted airspace, Satellite loss, Connection loss etc.
6.Charging Station
6.a (Battery Charger) To connect multiple batteries for charging at the same time. Battery Docking Station. To include refreshing the batteries.
These are just some ideas I came up with. I hope that everyone will chime in with their ideas. To better help DJI develop new products in the future. I can't wait to see what the future brings to this hobby. And professional use in the future. It's only going to get better as technology advances.
We are all operating these devices pretty much in it's beta stages and with that said it's going to be a lot of fun to see what the future of this technology is going to be. In the US everyone needs to be careful on how you operate your aircraft as the FAA will be watching and implementing laws this year. The future of all this is in the hands of the FAA in the US. I would recommend that everyone join the AMA, by doing so you will have knowledge about new laws, New products and Insurance for any damage you cause to anyones property. Check Out THE AMA http://www.modelaircraft.org/
2014-9-24
Use props
wagner_peter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Personally, I'd be happy with just better camera quality. Like, iPhone hdr quality.

Also, less lens distortion, include a lens hood, 2x and 4x slo-motion (also that the iPhone does...).

More options in the software, for smoother camera up/down transitions, etc.
2014-9-24
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Great Post! Agree with you On most of all, but for me the better camera and more protected wires.
2014-9-24
Use props
jimmyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219275 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom 3 wish list

I love my P2V+ !  
But  DJI, you'd better start providing features like the ones you see in this video or I suspect you will find many people jumping ship for 3DR!

SAVEABLE MISSIONS, THE ABILITY TO DRAW WAYPOINTS,center frame FOCUS POINT, etc...

My additional suggestions:  1.  Improved video and picture quality over the p2v+.  2.  Swappable lens types.  3. Adopt what Dronexpert.nl is developing; the swappable camera system.  3.  Way point shutter activation.

Follow me mode is also getting a lot of attention from the consumer market as I am sure DJI is well aware.

Thanks.

2014-10-2
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I just saw the video, hope that DJI make and update on the app so we can do this type of flights
2014-10-2
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

i tottaly agree, and the camera gimbal more affordable,  now if you break it then its cheaper to sell parts rather to buy new camera with gimbal .
2014-10-2
Use props
destinrepaint
New

United States

1 camera with a zoom lens
2 follow me mode
3 black in color
2014-10-2
Use props
Lion77
New

United Kingdom

1. Longer autonomy
2. The missions mentioned in the first post (that would be awesome)
3. Follow me mode (that would be so awesome for action sportsmen)

I don't care about the camera, coz I am getting gopro hero4

but please, please make the first 3 things happen

Btw, when is the release date? getting a bit impatient here now that hero4 is finally released
2014-10-3
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ability to easly swop the camaras using existing wifi video link ,
2014-10-4
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Thank you for your suggestions.I will report these valuable suggestions to our R&D department.
Please pay close attention to our official website.
2014-10-8
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

This is a great list, a better camera means higher resolution, less fisheye, and more control like the professional ones?
2014-10-9
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

oh, and of course better night performance.
2014-10-9
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

"Follow Me" would be awesome. I think lots and lots of the young and happening sporty types would go full-on with this feature. Their Youtube videos are bound to look fantastic: kite-surfing, skateboarding,  SUP stand up paddling, moto-cross, runners, speed cyclers, windsurfing, all the eye-candy sports of today. Once these flashy clips  are out there, Phantoms will be flying out of the shops en masse.

I think the wave of drone-assisted aerial footage in outdoor sports is starting to gather speed already. DJI would do well to rush into this  gold-rush period a-sap!
2014-10-9
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
Italy

A phantom that i can use and not store as an orniment due to constant sat drop out when trying to record 1080.
Cheaper batteries.
Retracting landing gear like the Walkera Tali.
2014-10-10
Use props
ringlis1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

I would like to see two features added that could be app driven.

1) Orbit - When pressed the phantom would start an orbit, then using forward or backwards would make the orbit size larger or smaller

2) Pano Shot - Press 1 Button on the app and the phantom will begin a series of panoramic photos automatically, the app could have a setting where it will take level 360 or full 360 where it takes 360 shots, then moves the camera down and takes more shots, all the way to straight down.  Then you end up with a series of shots to import into software out there to stitch the shots together.
2014-10-10
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

ringlis1 Posted at 2014-10-11 07:23
I would like to see two features added that could be app driven.

1) Orbit - When pressed the phanto ...

I am in New Zealand and shoot in 1080p/50 0r at least 720p/50.  I have to downgrade from 720/60 to 720/50 ATM and it is not the ideal solutiion. A software update or firmware for us PAL land users please!
2014-10-10
Use props
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Definitely looking forward to follow me, savable missions, circle a POI, draw a mission.  Would also be cool to choose which way the camera should face from way point to way point.  

2014-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules