GoPro recalls Karma
4374 53 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverstone
lvl.1

Hterag Posted at 2016-11-11 02:12
Are you implying that GoPro got what they deserved? I've seen a lot of people say this, like GoPro  ...

That's another thing I do not understand. It's like the "fan-boy" community. Only one brand should be around. A lot of people (including myself) could post -> DJI <- because of the companies behavior. Lots of people posted issues with DJI products. I don't know. Did DJI ever issued a recall on their "BETA - products"? Let me see. The most important issues with DJI: Phantom owners complain how long now about cracked shells what is clearly a faulty product. (DJI ->Pilot error???<-) Mavic owners crashing $1,000 plus toys.(1st reaction from DJI here? ->Pilot error again!??<- DJI issuing a recall? Never ever.

DJI...... ?
(Same thing)  
2016-11-10
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-11-10 10:12
Are you implying that GoPro got what they deserved? I've seen a lot of people say this, like GoPro  ...

Considering the design, materials, and specs, it looks like they put out a drone for the sake of putting out a drone...  More and more drones are adding safety features that help keep this hobby safer, which keeps it from getting more and more intrusive regulations, but GoPro went against this.  This was a half-*ssed attempt to save their falling bottom line.
While I welcome competition in the industry, this wasn't a very competitive product.
2016-11-10
Use props
mengteck71
lvl.3
Singapore

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-9 11:01
Hopefully DJI and GoPro have learned the valuable lesson of "being first  isn't as important as bein ...

Similar story about Samsung rushing to release Note 7 before Apple's iPhone 7...
2016-11-10
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

delsol95 Posted at 2016-11-8 22:13
Here's a small compilation of videos on Youtube showing what caused the recall to occur.
R.I.P  GoPr ...

this is AMAZING... all just cutting off like BLoop... crash
2016-11-10
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

The same fanboi mentality that advocates for only one company, tries to downtalk competition, and such are the same people who do not understand market competition and how much it benefits consumers and R&D.   This is the generation that goes out and riots when an election doesn't go their way.
2016-11-10
Use props
5W1qoIwaf3En
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
United States

In terms of competition...Yuneec H has a pretty good avoidance system that actually allows the drone to fly around obstacles on its own, pretty interesting feature. It's in a different class of drones probably more of a competitor to phantom or inspire... but there will be competition.
2016-11-10
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like competition, but GoPro has really left a bad taste in my mouth. The last GoPro product I had was the Hero 3, and what a buggy POS that thing was. My friend had the hero 4 and also had all sorts of issues. The reviews are not the best, and their latest Karma.. is well, also a POS.

So in short, I like competition, but I wish it was better competition.
2016-11-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hterag Posted at 2016-11-11 05:12

"tell me what GoPro has done"
They took two years to develop a drone that isn't even competitive with the nearly two year old P3.
Anyone offering such a poor machine is going to get caned by the market.
2016-11-10
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

fansca9280ea Posted at 2016-11-9 12:21
2,500 lololol!!!
They are selling like hot cakes!!

They've had some delays...  They only shipped a few out and were expecting to have to push shipping back to November 28th.
2016-11-10
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-9 13:19
There's a common noise with most of those videos just before loss of power. It sounds like a motor o ...

I noticed this with the two videos I saw...  Now that's there's a bunch of videos, I'm hearing it in all of them just before the failure.
2016-11-10
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

"The Karma is two years late"

No. It isn't (wasn't) waterproof, so it was dead on arrival.

A waterproof sports camera, on a drone that can't get wet? Stupid, stupid stupid.

Despite the larger size and fewer features I'd buy a Karma over a Mavic if the Karma were waterproof, but they screwed the pooch totally on that.
2016-11-10
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-11 13:13
"tell me what GoPro has done"
They took two years to develop a drone that isn't even competitive w ...

Well, that's not really punishment worthy. I mean, yeah, they might not make the sales but my point is people keep saying, "Karma" as if it's something ironic. Like if a car company copies another and steals some secrets, commits industrial espionage etc. and releases a car called the, "Karma" then later gets exposed for their underhanded/illegal practices and get in trouble for it... That would be, "karma"...

If it comes to light that they tried cutting things, faking the safety tests, deliberately chose cheap and awful materials that they knew could lead to drones falling out of the sky or something, I can understand this. I just don't know why GoPro is getting so much hatred, I always thought they were a decent company and that's why I have to ask.
2016-11-12
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-10 20:48
The same fanboi mentality that advocates for only one company, tries to downtalk competition, and s ...

This is also the generation that still expects a trophy when they loose, sad.
2016-11-12
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

I find this amazing that go pro couldn't make a drone that doesn't lose power? There are hundreds of descent toy drones that do not have these kind of issues and they are priced under $100. I think if your new to drones, you shouldn't buy a karma or mavic and go fly a toy drone until these have the bugs worked out. Although karma may be done for as this just looks bad for them.
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules