Green LED but disconnected
2836 13 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans23a12318
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft

Phantom 3 Advanced. Every startup is done in order - Remote ON, Phantom ON, Check for green LED then connect tablet to RC. Every other time I have no problems with connection. Today I went to fly and followed the steps to the green LED but the app still says disconnected. Everything is fully charged. Tablet has been restarted. Aircraft appears normal during startup (slow green flashing LEDs). I've tried both batteries and 3 different USB cables without success. Has anyone had a USB port go bad on the RC? Any other ideas? Thanks

Firmware 1.1.8
iPad Mini iOS 8.1
App 1.2.0

Some people will say I need update everything but my P3 has flown perfect for 1.5 years, 80+ flights without any issues.

2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Remote can control aircraft properly, right? Have you tried to re-link them?
Or change another mobile device to have a test?
Also you could reset the remote by pressing C1+C2+Shutter button at the same time, then turn it off and back on again.
2016-11-8
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Im with Natalia on this one...if you can use your camera wheel to move camera down and up...or even pull or push your two joysticks together downward and inward or outward and  the motors start then the RC is ok.Could be you have a stuffed USB on the Controller!!!!!
2016-11-8
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3

Hi. Thank you for the responses. The RC wheel does control the camera. I also flew P3 indoors this morning in ATT mode with no problems. I tried to connect an Android tablet that I first used before I bought the iPad Mini and it did not connect either. I did reset the RC. I am not able to re-link though because I cannot get the RC into linking mode from the app. Stuffed USB? Broken, right?
2016-11-9
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

snsjetsP3A Posted at 2016-11-10 01:04
Hi. Thank you for the responses. The RC wheel does control the camera. I also flew P3 indoors this m ...

Sorry to say but it looks like it. Cheap fix anyway. I actually leave my USB lead plugged in to the RC permanently so the constant plug in and unplug doesnt wear out the RC's USB. Mind you I fly almost everyday!!!
2016-11-9
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I have to do this to get my tablet to connect properly. Connect cable, turn on RC, then turn on tablet (cold boot, not wake up from sleep). Might work for you too....
2016-11-9
Use props
Tima
lvl.3
Flight distance : 930230 ft
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-11-10 05:27
I have to do this to get my tablet to connect properly. Connect cable, turn on RC, then turn on tabl ...

Me two Galaxy Tab A 10.2
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can try to get it to manually relink is by performing the following button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon
2016-11-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Do you have the Hdmi module installed?  I had the exact symptoms, turned out the Hdmi module was bad.  If I removed the cover from it, it worked fine.  Of course, removing the cover removes the Hdmi port,  but the usb is still there.
2016-11-12
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3

OK. I was able to do the manual re-link. Also tried the cold boot method on 2 different tablets. Still no success. Strangely, the iPad recognized that it was plugged into something from the cold boot but still no connection shown on the app. I do not have an HDMI module.
2016-11-12
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
United States

Does anyone know the original replacement part ID for the USB module? My RC is a GL300A. Or does anyone have an old USB module that they replaced with an HDMI module that they don't need and might want to loan and/or sell.
2016-11-14
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

I had a look on Ebay old mate and as you are in the US you can purchase the USB circuit board from KITE TOWN STORE San Diego for US$54.26....thats just up the road from you isnt it??
2016-11-14
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. I saw that USB circuit board from Kite Town Store. However, there was another post where DJI did not recommend those in a GL300A due to the circuit layout.
2016-11-15
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
United States

Well my last flight was 10-24-16 and I'm happy to say that I'm finally back in the air with my P3A - NO THANKS to DJI's dreadful support. Emails take days to get a response and telephone waits are 35 calls deep, no kidding.
Anyway, DJI would not send me a new USB circuit board so I caved and mailed my RC to them. DJI said they would repair MY remote, which they did not do. They sent me a refurbed piece of crap RC that would not even power up! I sent that one back to have another refurb returned but it would not pair since my aircraft was on older firmware. I reluctantly ended up updating everything (aircraft, camera, batteries, RC and iOS app) and after an hour of flights everything seems to be working well.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules