1680 10 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

this is what I received from DJI today lol
I quote,

Your theme Poll: Trouble with your new Mavic? Update here (67 reported so far) Be DJI LA Support Warning
Continuous 30 Days accumulated 3 Warnings, You will be automatically disabled to speak 30 days.
Up to now, You have been 1 Warnings, Please note that!
Please be more polite to other users on  ...
I have been warned lol, you get warned if you speak about DJI internal craft problems lol
What a joke..., I also advised some tool about flying at night over people's heads and I have been warned by DJI...
What do you suggest I do DJI give the guy props for flying at night above a mass of people ???
Flying at night is not legal, flying above people is not legal , flying your craft out of sight is illegal...
what should I say DJI  ? just correct the post for me pls {:4_173:}

2016-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Meh, it is DJI's forum, you play by their rules or else.
2016-11-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What you say is true for many countries, but perhaps not them all.

I wonder if that was posted to the right person, it refers to the Poll almost as if you originated it ?
2016-11-9
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

From the tone of your post here, it does sound like you might have been out of line. It's not your obligation to put down someone from doing these things you mention here, and call them a tool? I believe flying after dark is only against FAA rules if flying commercially. Many of us fly out past VLOS, me included. Just did on Tuesday, went out 2 miles with a P3S. Appointing yourself as the drone police doesn't set well.
2016-11-9
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

wmcvey Posted at 2016-11-9 20:07
From the tone of your post here, it does sound like you might have been out of line. It's not your o ...

posts do not make tones, they are silent...sorry but flying at night is not flying within line of sight ,
i am not drone police , I am a responsible operator, and I conform to rules and regulations, while other tools don't and they simply should be reminded that before you fly you actually read up the regulatory rules that are in place... Do not ruin it for the rest of us , we do not need a drone hero....
2016-11-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are we still going around this broad circle?
Make a ring tone out of it... Ha

If you want to see and be seen, it's a simple solution.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
Get some lights to show you the way! Hehe
They light up my life... Ha

image.jpeg
Big sister is watching too. Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-11-20
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

Heniek W Posted at 2016-11-20 15:42
posts do not make tones, they are silent...sorry but flying at night is not flying within line of  ...

Wrong, look at this form right from the FAA site. The right column for commercially says "Must fly during the day", the left side for recreation has no such wording. It's not against any rule or law to fly at night if your not flying commercially. And you would have LOS because of the craft lights, maybe even better at night. This applies to the 400' rule as well, see for yourself.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/
PS: Way do you keep calling people "tools", a bit immature wouldn't you say.

2016-11-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Heniek W Posted at 2016-11-21 07:42
posts do not make tones, they are silent...sorry but flying at night is not flying within line of  ...

And we've heard that a hundred times before.
Adding to that achieves nothing and having to read it again and again is tedious.
2016-11-20
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-20 14:36
And we've heard that a hundred times before.
Adding to that achieves nothing and having to read it  ...

Actually it does it reminds the TOOLS not to fly at night over crowds , is there anything else that you need explained, what he did was not legal, you do not fly over crowds especially at night simple as that..
Your contribution to this specific thread does absolutely nothing Tasmanian devil ...
Hey Donald Duck is that your wife ? can we have the next shot topless?
2016-11-21
Use props
Focus4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2436886 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-11-20 16:19
Wrong, look at this form right from the FAA site. The right column for commercially says "Must fly  ...

You are correct that the FAA rules governing recreational flight are less specific than those for commercial pilots under the Part 107 regs. However, as one of those "107" guys who makes my living flying drones, I would urge you to fly like a pro and stick to the same rules I fly by. They exist to make the National Air Space safe for everyone, and I think that's a worthy goal. Also, flying outside those regs may very well lead to even tighter restrictions for ALL of us. Is flying at 500' really so much more exciting than 400'? As for night flying, yes you may be able to see the lights on your drone, but can you see those wires or branches?
2016-11-21
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

Focus4 Posted at 2016-11-21 14:06
You are correct that the FAA rules governing recreational flight are less specific than those for  ...

Completely agree with those words. At least your stating it correctly, unlike Heniek. That it's only those flying under Part 107 (commercial) where the 400' ceiling and the night time flying, and even flying above people I believe are not legal. And those flying for fun (recreational) it's more of a guideline or recommendation. It just get's annoying when people think that the whole world is under the FAA rules, when it's just us in the states. And then not understanding that the rules even under FAA are different for commercial vs non-commercial.
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules