Phantom 3 Standard firmware v1.8.10 is now available to download!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-2-15 17:04
This version bricked my P3S -- actually the Tech helping with the "hung upload" bricked my P3S and then told me to send it in so they could fix the problem.

My P3 is under warranty, but guess what? DJI says' nope... the gimbal warranty is only 6 months so its out of time.

I emailed them once and never got a reply back...I guess thats the "DJI way". Anyways Im not sure for how long I will keep using their products.
2017-2-15
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

HLew Posted at 2017-2-15 23:00
I emailed them once and never got a reply back...I guess thats the "DJI way". Anyways Im not sure for how long I will keep using their products.

Yup... the American alternative is picking up steam. Once they get an awesome camera (the current isn't to bad) I'm in like flynt!

I'm in a business in which Service is far more important than Sales, and I have to perform or I'm replaced. Guess what?
2017-2-16
Use props
MADempC
New

United States

Hoping for help from the team...  I cannot get this loaded to the aircraft to save my life.  The download works fine to the app, but while loading to the aircraft, the process stops at 40% and ultimately fails.  I have restarted the aircraft, the app, everything many times.  I even un-installed the app and reinstalled so that it would force a new download.  I contacted DJI support they said keep trying.  I have about 10 times.  The log file indicates that the file is corrupted.  Help anyone?
2017-2-16
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-9 16:42
It appeared on my smart phone. Perhaps as I was already using version 581. My phone is now 582 version.

Where could I see the version  581 or 582 on the phone ?
2017-2-16
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Caribou Posted at 2017-2-16 15:14
Where could I see the version  581 or 582 on the phone ?

OK now you have 3.1.3 you can see it in Advanced settings but need to scroll to bottom of screen.
2017-2-17
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MADempC Posted at 2017-2-16 11:38
Hoping for help from the team...  I cannot get this loaded to the aircraft to save my life.  The download works fine to the app, but while loading to the aircraft, the process stops at 40% and ultimately fails.  I have restarted the aircraft, the app, everything many times.  I even un-installed the app and reinstalled so that it would force a new download.  I contacted DJI support they said keep trying.  I have about 10 times.  The log file indicates that the file is corrupted.  Help anyone?

Same issue see my post above. Mine locked at 4% upload to the aircraft. DJI tech worked with me for almost an hour, just kept getting worse, and finally he said send it in. Good Luck to you - they are charging me $120 to "fix" an issue that occurred uploading "their" firmware. When I complained that I'm still under warranty, they said "sorry the gimbal is out of warranty" so you have to pay.
2017-2-17
Use props
CHUI_ERSH
lvl.1

Russia

Da Lata Posted at 2016-11-9 11:20
I did the update, check the txt file on SD Card (OK), I test flying the drone and like other user the version on app show 1.6.8+. Before was only 1.6.8 without +

1111dsdadaddadsadasdsaddsdasdasd
2017-2-17
Use props
Impulse
lvl.1

New Zealand

I made sure to format the SD card before I did the update. After this just used DJI Go to update and it worked fine first time.
2017-2-17
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

I have three batteries. I thought I had upgraded all three but it seems one was on the 1.2.40+ firmware and asked for the drone to do an update.
I did that and now all my batteries are 1.8.10 app 3.1.3 and all working fine.
2017-2-18
Use props
fansc1a15f02
New

United Kingdom

The drone is not connecting to the app.i have tried it on another device but still the same.
2017-2-18
Use props
Richmondjoe
New

United States

I downloaded the software, installed it and now the P3P will not fly.  It comes on, my app says everything is connected but I get a message that my "RC Signal is Lost" and it will not fly.  Please help.  Thanks,
2017-2-19
Use props
Joeydints
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6929 ft

United States

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-11-9 02:13
cant see any banner about new firmware in the dji go app??

had that happen to me too, but i restatrted the app and fixed it
2017-2-19
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

OK so I had no issues with both the firmware and updates.  Here are the steps I performed.
Using an iOS iphone 6 plus
Updated the phone to latest version.
Updated DJI Go to latest version.
Charged up the batteries on the controller and bird to 100%
Closed any and all apps on phone.
Did a "forget" to any local Internet WiFi connections (cell download of firmware) ****Optional***
Turned on controller and connected to WiFi DJI Controller
Started the DJI Go App and did not touch anything within the apps screens.
Turned on the Bird and waited.
New update notification showed up.
Did the update.
Closed DJI Go app
Turned off controller and bird.
Turned on the controller and the bird
Started up the DJI Go App

*** New Firmware notification message ****
Updated firmware and now good to go.

So in short the steps given are not quite correct as I have found out in order to update with the latest firmware.  you kinda have to mess around turning things on and off and then on in a certain order to get things going.
2017-2-21
Use props
Milty
lvl.1

Canada

gmsol Posted at 2017-2-6 01:14
WARNING!!!!! DONT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE !!!! WARNING!!!!.

This update supposedly provides .... but does not really constitute and update does it.

My P3 advanced was working absolutely Fine until I did the latest firmware upgrade.  First 2 flights it spun out of control and starting beaping very loudly.  Next flight it crashed straight into the ocean 20 feet off the beach.  I was trying to ascend and it it just flew straight down.  Trying to post a new thread about the details, but I'm not allowed to yet.  I'm very poised about this and am convinced it is the firmware upgrade v1.10.90 .  
2017-2-22
Use props
Milty
lvl.1

Canada

Dioden Posted at 2017-2-7 09:26
Well, I think it’s time for me to say something too, I have two PH3P, and the youngest one has flown twice, only.
Both of them was working fine, until this last upgrade of the firmware. I have only been using the old one because the newer one is a spare if the **** hit’s the ***, as you might say.
I did an upgrade on the one I’m always using, the first one I bought, after this upgrade I can’t barely use it. Loss of videofeed and a lot of pixels on the screen, however, the controller seems to work as it should.

Its Definatley the new firmware  v1.10.90.  Same happened to me and crashed into the ocean.  no issues before firmware upgrade.
2017-2-22
Use props
Milty
lvl.1

Canada

Gulfstream Posted at 2017-2-9 09:47
This update bricked my P3S .   It's on it's way back to the Mothership today.

Its Definatley the new firmware  v1.10.90.  Same happened to me and crashed into the ocean.  no issues before firmware upgrade.
2017-2-22
Use props
Milty
lvl.1

Canada

120ccpm Posted at 2017-2-9 14:12
Upgraded to 1.8.10 from 1.7.9 the other day using DJI GO app 3.1.4 on iOS, followed instructions to the letter, it failed at 40% exactly like someone else reported above. On second attempt it started beeping like crazy, but it was able to complete the process. Did a full IMU and compass calibration before sending it up in the air, everything seemed to be ok although it was just a short flight at close distance.

2017-2-22
Use props
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

I cannot seem to get the firmware installed in my P3 pro. Neither the bird or controller. I was a preorder when these came out and did the first update only when I put up my machine. Now I cannot get any of the updates to the controller and only managed to get the 1.3 something to work on the drone. All others failed 10+ times. Downloaded the DJI go and was able to update that via Ipad app store but no new ground station, and no other updates.
2017-2-23
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28107 ft
United States

Well, let me tell you MY story: I ordered the ARGtek range extender kit last week and it showed up Saturday.  I installed it 1st thing Sunday and took it for a test flight.  The range was WORSE than stock!  I contacted the seller (ebay) and told them the problem.  They responded the next day and informed me that they have a skype page for technical support, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Long story short, I re-did all the connections (skyping pictures back and forth the whole time) only to find out the connections were fine in the 1st place.  THEN, the tech suggest that it's a FIRMWARE issue and not a hardware issue, as 1.8 just came out and people have been having problems with the new update.  Sorry, but it's my bedtime by now, I'll have to tackle this tomorrow.  The next day, after watching several videos on several ways to downgrade the firmware, I give it a go... with no success, so I'm back on skype with tech support.  He walks me thru the process that HE used.  It did downgrade, but when I launched the app, I was greeted with several warnings and failure alerts (funny, it worked fine on 1.7 just a couple days ago!)  He had me try the downgrade again, and calibrate everything, to no avail.  
I have a few questions for the folks at DJI: why would you endorse a 3rd party manufacturer (ARGtek to be specific) if there are known compatibility issues?  What was done in 1.8 that is now causing the drone to lose signal (sometimes completely) after only a few hundred feet?  Are you aware that 1.8 is seemingly picking up far more interference than previous versions?  Is there going to be a fix for this?  
I ask these questions because I just wasted $70 on the kit and a week's worth of time only to figure out I'll have to go back to the stock antenna and hope it works as good as it did before the 1.8 update.
2017-2-23
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Should I be using the P3 standard updates for my P3 4K or does it have its own updates? Also. why is there not a separate separate category on this site for the P3 4K?
2017-2-24
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One has to wonder if they are "crippling" the P3 line on purpose? IIRC when I bought my P3S it had a stellar reputation for being a rock solid performer at the price point, and perfect for those who needed "good quality" photos from an aerial platform. The P3A of course was the "cream of the crop".

It just seems to me that almost every category of the P3 line is reporting serious issues, and P3S users are getting hammered on repair costs to fix failed firmware updates.

Failed firmware updates are NOT the fault of the end user, and if following the manufacturers instructions, and following the instructions of the phone support staff bricks your bird, you should not have to pay. Furthermore there have been many horrific examples of Repair Quotes posted that are all over the web for a unit that was sent in for Firmware Support.

I saw one tonight for $493.00 he original price paid from DJI was $479.00 Think he's a happy camper right now? And oh... guess what? He's still under the 120 month warranty, but like they did to me, they've have conveniently found a problem with the gimbal which is out of warranty. More and more of these scenarios are popping up everyday.

This is getting ridiculous.
2017-2-24
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Spappy Posted at 2017-2-23 18:39
Well, let me tell you MY story: I ordered the ARGtek range extender kit last week and it showed up Saturday.  I installed it 1st thing Sunday and took it for a test flight.  The range was WORSE than stock!  I contacted the seller (ebay) and told them the problem.  They responded the next day and informed me that they have a skype page for technical support, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Long story short, I re-did all the connections (skyping pictures back and forth the whole time) only to find out the connections were fine in the 1st place.  THEN, the tech suggest that it's a FIRMWARE issue and not a hardware issue, as 1.8 just came out and people have been having problems with the new update.  Sorry, but it's my bedtime by now, I'll have to tackle this tomorrow.  The next day, after watching several videos on several ways to downgrade the firmware, I give it a go... with no success, so I'm back on skype with tech support.  He walks me thru the process that HE used.  It did downgrade, but when I launched the app, I was greeted with several warnings and failure alerts (funny, it worked fine on 1.7 just a couple days ago!)  He had me try the downgrade again, and calibrate everything, to no avail.  
I have a few questions for the folks at DJI: why would you endorse a 3rd party manufacturer (ARGtek to be specific) if there are known compatibility issues?  What was done in 1.8 that is now causing the drone to lose signal (sometimes completely) after only a few hundred feet?  Are you aware that 1.8 is seemingly picking up far more interference than previous versions?  Is there going to be a fix for this?  
I ask these questions because I just wasted $70 on the kit and a week's worth of time only to figure out I'll have to go back to the stock antenna and hope it works as good as it did before the 1.8 update.

Did you seal the connectors?  I have the latest firmware and app for the PS3 and had awesome range for a while now.
2017-2-28
Use props
KNOTENOUGH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142687 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would this be for the 3 pro as well?
2017-2-28
Use props
Killrod
New

United States

Can you upgrade the firmware in a phantom 3 standard without a camera I purchase a phantom 3 standard without a camera but it doesn't seem to allow to me to update the firmware
2017-2-28
Use props
SW MISSOURI
New
Flight distance : 1297927 ft
United States

so what is the deal? i own 3 p3 standards and a p2vision, all were awesome until this update, now, 142m out at 52m altitude is average on the p3's. bad gimble, bad sensor, bad controller, high WiFi noise environment my ass. ive been to FOUR separate locations and the results are exactly the same. anyone have a clue? down grading the fw isn't working. it refuses to downgrade regardless of the method i try. im 4 days into this now and im getting pretty disgusted. im gonna fly the p2 tomorrow and see what it does. havent flown it since this bs started.
2017-2-28
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

SW MISSOURI Posted at 2017-2-28 19:59
so what is the deal? i own 3 p3 standards and a p2vision, all were awesome until this update, now, 142m out at 52m altitude is average on the p3's. bad gimble, bad sensor, bad controller, high WiFi noise environment my ass. ive been to FOUR separate locations and the results are exactly the same. anyone have a clue? down grading the fw isn't working. it refuses to downgrade regardless of the method i try. im 4 days into this now and im getting pretty disgusted. im gonna fly the p2 tomorrow and see what it does. havent flown it since this bs started.

Suggest you do a factory reset of the drone.  There is a reset button on the drone itself.  

I did that after my firmware upgrade, then re-calibrated my compass and IMU settings and all is good.
2017-2-28
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Killrod Posted at 2017-2-28 13:48
Can you upgrade the firmware in a phantom 3 standard without a camera I purchase a phantom 3 standard without a camera but it doesn't seem to allow to me to update the firmware

Hope you got that Phantom 3 Standard super cheap as the camera is really a part of the bird and not intended to be sold separate.
2017-3-1
Use props
Pcnukem
New

United Kingdom

Hi is there any distance issues with the latest firmware.
2017-3-2
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-28 22:59
Suggest you do a factory reset of the drone.  There is a reset button on the drone itself.  

I did that after my firmware upgrade, then re-calibrated my compass and IMU settings and all is good.

Are you talking about the Controller (re)link button on the drone????
2017-3-2
Use props
Dead end theory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39636 ft

South Korea

Did this update have anything to do with the relaxing of restrictions in S.Korea? it seems I am able to fly in places I wasn't able to earlier this year.
2017-3-3
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

This (Phantom 3 STANDARD) thread is a mess.  People with Pro/Adv mixing their problems in with those updating their standards. Some of the same cant understand why FW 1.8.n isnt loading on their Pro/adv. Moderators, please close this thread or break it up into the three models.
2017-3-3
Use props
Brayan2134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138205 ft
United States

Will it fix more flyaway issue's on android? I have an ios device, but on the facebook forum it seems like the newer updates are worse than the older ones.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans9105b023
New
Flight distance : 108 ft

Argentina

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-11-9 02:17
where can i download the 1.7.9 file its not on the phantom help page where the other firm ware is??

Hi, where can I download the latest firmware? Thank you
2017-3-4
Use props
fans5339822e
lvl.1

United States

Have updated to 1.8.10 Android djigo app 3.1.3 and losing transmission signal to remote at low altitudes. Also losing camera signal. All was fine before the update. Am I stuck with this now?
2017-3-5
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

uninstall the app and download it again and do a full install i had this problem and its now gone
2017-3-5
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Spappy Posted at 2017-2-23 18:39

it was the argtek. i had one and got half the range of stock. im an electronic tech know my way around a pc board and wires.

i was on 168 and 1500ft stock 700ft argtek.

went and got a dbs mod.now still using the argtek base usin the connectors (dbs wires need drilling) i got 3600 ft with it  was all happy till 1.7.9 then lots of disconnects and under 1000ft..

then got 1.8.10 and heard of bad home piint issue used go 2.91 and was about 3000 ft mark. but then they force the go update to 3.1.3.

so yesterday i took her out first time with go 3.1.3 and 1.8.1 and wow got my best 4200ft.......
2017-3-6
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-6 09:42
it was the argtek. i had one and got half the range of stock. im an electronic tech know my way around a pc board and wires.

i was on 168 and 1500ft stock 700ft argtek.

I installed my Argtek 10 days after I got my drone P3S.  I've done 9920ft distance on a flight that did 24,500ft plus total mileage. Some people got fake made in China clones not the genuine Argtek which is made in TAIWAN. Argtek is a Taiwan company and well known for it's wifi antenna boosters not just for drones but for all sorts of equipment.  This flight on the latest 1.8.10 firmware and Go App.

The only reason I did not go farther was that I was spending time on this flight meandering around looking at the sights, flying into a 19mph headwind.  So my software gave me a low battery warning at 52% so I went full throttle back using RTH and sped to home point at 42mph and arrived with 35% battery.  I will try for a farther distance flight again sometime this week.  I have been flying in thick fog and clouds which also reduces range.

I doubt it was a genuine Argtek that had issues and if it did then warranty applies.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Z6A7VZITUH4XUO3KFERB/
2017-3-7
Use props
MC13579
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203107 ft
United States

Did the latest update to 1.10  and my copter would not start every time. Had to roll back and all is good. What is DJI doing to solve this issue?
2017-3-8
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

MC13579 Posted at 2017-3-8 06:37
Did the latest update to 1.10  and my copter would not start every time. Had to roll back and all is good. What is DJI doing to solve this issue?

I think you going to wrong section!
The firmware 1.10 is not for phantom 3 standard.
2017-3-8
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Milty Posted at 2017-2-22 18:42

I have done a resync between the PH3 and the controller but I have not tested it yet, quite busy with some other stuff for the moment, besides that, I’m waiting for a better weather, I don’t want to drop in the ocean. Lol
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules