Phantom 3 Standard firmware v1.8.10 is now available to download!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Matus Posted at 2016-11-23 05:53
Hi, here is another confused user of P3S who is trying to get the newest firmware on. I have bough ...

Sorry for the late reply, Matus.
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please try to reinstall the DJI GO app again then re-link RC with aircraft.
Then go to general settings - about page and check the current firmware version again.
If you could try with an IOS devcie which might be better.
2016-11-24
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-24 21:58
Sorry for the late reply, Matus.
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please ...

Perhaps he can borrow an IPHONE from someone and try downloading the app there.. and then to the drone
2016-11-29
Use props
fans34f61e93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

maybe someone could help me with this my air craft version is 1.7.90 BUT my app version is 3.1.0 isn't the ios version supposed to be 3.0.2? maybe this is why I'm having so many issues
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans34f61e93 Posted at 2016-11-30 00:50
maybe someone could help me with this my air craft version is 1.7.90 BUT my app version is 3.1.0 isn ...

The latest DJI GO version for IOS is 3.1.0.
Could you please clarify the issues in detail?
2016-11-29
Use props
MrMaik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315348 ft
Netherlands

maichelvnl Posted at 2016-11-18 18:06
Yes, this is where I get the problem. Both in VLC and Windows media player they stop playing at the end and stop working. Other videos are fine. SD card is only 2 months old. I just put in a new card, hope to see that the problem is gone. I never encountered any of these problems with previous firmware versions.

Ok, I've tried several cards now, all sandisk cards including the original one, and formatted them al through the dji go app. Still the camera stops recording regularly. This can happen anywhere between 1 minute and 15 minutes, it just stops recording. Very annoying. Also I noticed sometimes it takes a long time to take a photo. Any advice on what to do or what could be wrong?
2016-12-6
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Mindy, this should be moved to the P3 Standard section
2017-1-11
Use props
fans358e4877
New

United States

Thx a lot. I'm just getting started.
2017-1-11
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

fans0e105feb Posted at 2016-11-9 10:27
There is no banner in app. How can we update?

I have an android.All I did was turn on my Wy-Fi and open the app and the banner showed up
at the top,but have not downloaded it yet.Waiting to see what the reactions are
2017-1-11
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349091 ft
United States

Okay..so what if we do exit the GO app (by mistake) during the update process?  

I've updated to 1.8.10, and now have a red "RC Signal Lost" on the screen. However...the status of the RC is viewable on that screen but I have no control of ACFT
2017-1-11
Use props
Firecracker-P3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349091 ft
United States

Well....disregard!   

Restarted everything (a few times!) in the order of RC, ACFT, then Phone.     It connected...FINALLY!
2017-1-11
Use props
50mmtorres
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39216 ft
United States

Opened up the dji go app on my phone and I had the banner.
Just checked the app on my kindle fire same update banner.
Havnt updated it yet tho.
2017-1-11
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Updated with DJI go3.0.1 no problems here went very smooth
2017-1-12
Use props
fansc700db43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536181 ft
United States

Since the update the app is very slow to respond? Anyone else with a similar issue?
2017-1-13
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

BobABooey Posted at 2016-11-9 14:05
I only tried maybe 25 to 30 times. But I don't see any banner thingy.

Is my wifi supposed to look like this? .

no dont connect to drone it needs internet to update
2017-1-13
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
United States

it looks like this i just opened the app with phone data on
Screenshot_20170113-190658.png
2017-1-13
Use props
patria
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34826 ft
United States

Just updated and I had no issues. The video signal and range is a bit better. I ran it this morning with the last firmware version and the video was dropping out around 800 ft at around 300 ft in altitude. I live in a densely populated neighborhood with a fair amount of trees and hills so I wasn't expecting much out of the range. I updated a little while ago and flew the same path at the same altitude and got out to around 1300 ft before the video signal dropped out. Not sure if this is because of or was intended by the firmware update but so far so good.
2017-1-14
Use props
Kobuc
lvl.1

United States

Does this fix the compass issue?
2017-1-14
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

MrMaik Posted at 2016-12-6 06:27
Ok, I've tried several cards now, all sandisk cards including the original one, and formatted them al through the dji go app. Still the camera stops recording regularly. This can happen anywhere between 1 minute and 15 minutes, it just stops recording. Very annoying. Also I noticed sometimes it takes a long time to take a photo. Any advice on what to do or what could be wrong?

So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. It started ok then failed then . . . Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!
2017-1-14
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
United States

well i up graded to 1.8.1 was having reduce range on 1.7.9. 1.6.8 work pretty good..

so it updated just fine and took the bird outside cal. imu and comp.  and got her out lil over 1300ft in the city (L. A.)
i got jut about a 1000ft in 1.7.8.. i have a dbs mod.  in the open on 1.6.7.i git just under 3600ft best.
2017-1-14
Use props
Buster P K
New
United Kingdom

'Glitchy'!! - Adjusting the 'style' is a problem if you want to use 'custom' as when you start making a change the boxes shift up and become uneditable.
2017-1-16
Use props
Buster P K
New
United Kingdom

Well, I've had my phantom for 18month without any hassle, since this update the DJI app is glitchy and i can't make changes in custom mode!? Please see avatar image
2017-1-16
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update went perfectly for drone, RC & first battery. However, upon inserting my spare battery I got no update notification or any indication that the second battery was getting its update. Is there a way to force the update for this battery or check if any update has happened to it?

EDIT: This has been answered in another thread by a DJI Moderator. The batteries don't always have a firmware update if the drones do apparently.
2017-1-16
Use props
Trekpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1059787 ft
United Kingdom

Clapper Posted at 2017-1-14 20:58
So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. It started ok then failed then . . . Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!

Mines is currently beeping like mad. What a flipping carry on!!!!
2017-1-16
Use props
RGreene
New

United States

markku.viitanen Posted at 2016-11-9 07:17
The new firmware seems to be downloadable in Phantomhelp website: http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/
Scroll down to the bottom, there you find the FW archive.

I am number 43 in the queue for phone service.

would anyone know how to update firmware.

We ran the update twice as instructed. We got to 40% each time and locked up everything on both occasions.  now nothing is working and the copter is making an awful alarm sound beeping repeatedly once it is turned on.
2017-1-16
Use props
RGreene
New

United States

We tried to update the firmware as instructed by the youtube video.  first time the update locked up at 40%.  I let it sit thinking it would run its course.  stayed locked up.  had to shut it all down and start over.  same thing. now the copter only makes an alarm sound.
2017-1-16
Use props
Bob_MoodyTX
New

United States

Updated to 1.8.10 after a flight. Update went to 40% and failed.
Did some research (a bit panicked because bird was beeping .. loudly) and found a thread about reformatting the SD card and trying again.
I reformatted and restarted the update. Again at 40% it was beeping and it sat there for quite awhile. Then it slowly began completing the update.
It took a little longer than the initial update when I got the bird but it did finish. Just need earplugs and patience.

Bob
2017-1-16
Use props
fansb3db89c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477448 ft
Philippines

When was this release?
2017-1-17
Use props
ShaneStudy87
New

United States

This works better for me it seems.  I noticed I connect to Satellites a lot faster and record the home point 10x faster which is weird....My Range even seems a little better.....Video Transmission definitely BETTER!
2017-1-17
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Is this the correct fimware for the Phantom 3 4K?
2017-1-18
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-1-18 03:41
Is this the correct fimware for the Phantom 3 4K?

No, it's for the standard as stated in the thread title. I know it's listed in the pro/adv section but that's a mistake. I have asked for it to be moved a while ago to prevent confusion but none of the Mods have done it yet.
2017-1-18
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-18 04:52
No, it's for the standard as stated in the thread title. I know it's listed in the pro/adv section but that's a mistake. I have asked for it to be moved a while ago to prevent confusion but none of the Mods have done it yet.

I find that that the phantom 3 4K has little info on the DJI website.
2017-1-18
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Well for anyone who's drone is screaming at them and can't get tech support, I would say try the steps I noted above. It certainly won't hurt.  I have now flown a lot since the update and it is working fine. Can't say it is better or worse, but certainly OK.
2017-1-18
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

Hello,

Please could you developpe this :
-Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Does it means motors could stop in flight ?
Thanks for answer
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RGreene Posted at 2017-1-16 14:55
We tried to update the firmware as instructed by the youtube video.  first time the update locked up at 40%.  I let it sit thinking it would run its course.  stayed locked up.  had to shut it all down and start over.  same thing. now the copter only makes an alarm sound.

If you shut down while the update progress, it will beeping loudly.
Have you tried to restart the update?
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Caribou Posted at 2017-1-19 01:15
Hello,

Please could you developpe this :

Yes, you can stop the motors in flight by performing the CSC command for 3 seconds.
Please use it in emergency circumstances only. csc.png
2017-1-19
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

There is a catch down the throttle stick !

Can, I use it when then drone is high in the sky for descending ?
or motors would stop after 3 seconds if I use this ?

Nothing in DJI manual about that throttle stick catch

Thanks for advice
2017-1-19
Use props
hoveringal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132493 ft

United States

Hello Mindi - can you verify I have the most up to date software please.  I have a Phantom 3 Adv.  DJI Go 3.1.2  / Phantom Version 3.1.1  /  Aircraft Firmware 1.10.009  /   Phantom Remote 1.8.0
2017-1-19
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Caribou Posted at 2017-1-19 02:02
There is a catch down the throttle stick !

Can, I use it when then drone is high in the sky for descending ?

Yes, you can use it locked when at a high altitude. Just don't forget you have it locked, keep an eye on your aircraft to make sure it doesn't descend into the ground. Holding the stick down will only shut motors off when it's on the ground for a few seconds I believe.
2017-1-20
Use props
fans43681613
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having completed upgrade 1.8.10 yesterday successfully
But banner at the top of my DJI go tell me to upgrade any idea why
2017-1-20
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

After update, very difficult to take off, problem with calibration.
Then impossible to rin follow mode. Error message about GPS not working!
Please DJI, could you test updates before releasing it.
Thanks for that
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules