How to discharge the batteries
79996 65 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes they will go to 50% after 10 days.  you can tell by the number of lights when you press the button once:

2015-2-25
Use props
shane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311988 ft
New Zealand

Thanks ppl... I am new to phantoms and yes I am impressed, the discussion has cleared up all of my questions
2015-2-25
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-2-26 05:35
I'd like to ask a related discharge question please.

I recently sent my phantom back to have the es ...

I have no idea how to check if you batteries will auto discharge. I would like to know this for myself too. I think the only way to be sure is to let them rest for 12 days at 100%. Do not touch the button before this, or it will again reset to 10 days. When discharge kicks in, it apparantly takes about 2 days to go to 50%. At least thats what i know of it.
2015-2-26
Use props
Sergio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi  @jamie, here you have the screenshot.
thanks.!
bat3.JPG
2015-2-27
Use props
Sergio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-13 01:47
Checking the life of the battery, does not check for any battery problems, or indicate that there  ...

there you have the screenshot
2015-2-27
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Sergio Posted at 2015-2-28 00:35
Hi  @jamie, here you have the screenshot.
thanks.!

Hey Sergio, is the battery performing well?  Cell #2 is a bit low compared to 1 and 3, but probably not enough to trigger any imbalance alarms or concern.  Keep an eye on it.  If it gets toward 150 to 200mV difference, it might start to be a problem causing a software warning or low battery/unbalanced battery alarm.
2015-2-27
Use props
Sergio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Jamie Posted at 2015-2-28 07:35
Hey Sergio, is the battery performing well?  Cell #2 is a bit low compared to 1 and 3, but probabl ...

That is the screenshot of the battery that we were talking about, after five minutos of flight the phantom lose power and going down, with flashing red leds.
2015-3-3
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

SavannahQuad, I haven't tried this myself -- but, this might work for discharging:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/71 ... ;mtid=824&kw=lg
2015-3-3
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Sergio Posted at 2015-3-4 07:42
That is the screenshot of the battery that we were talking about, after five minutos of flight the ...

I'd say it's time to retire it Sergio.
2015-3-5
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-26 06:05
yes they will go to 50% after 10 days.  you can tell by the number of lights when you press the butt ...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Regards

Guy
2015-3-5
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-4 08:01
SavannahQuad, I haven't tried this myself -- but, this might work for discharging:
http://rover.ebay ...

I ordered that a week ago but will take a while to get here , will let you know how it works out with this.
2015-3-5
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-4 08:01
http://rover.ebay ...

I also ordered this thing. I would like to have an option to discharge when it rains outside and im not planning flying soon.
I also use my old professional charger on the program &aposb Discharge'. Works great
For charging i keep using the original DJI charger, also works great
2015-3-6
Use props
Sergio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Jamie Posted at 2015-3-6 09:08
I'd say it's time to retire it Sergio.

Yes I did it , but I can not understand how a battery with only 20 flights is dead, this is not normal
2015-3-9
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sergio Posted at 2015-3-9 19:27
Yes I did it , but I can not understand how a battery with only 20 flights is dead, this is not no ...

Absolutely!  20 uses out of a rechargeable battery?  That's appalling!  If I get the same, the whole lot is going straight back to my retailer.
2015-3-9
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21818 ft
United States

So if I understand correctly, while my bird (P2V+v3) is away at DJI repair and upgrade camp, my fully charged batteries will auto discharge in 10 days, as long as I don't touch the power/check buttons on them. If I do press the button, it resets the day counter countdown back to 0 and adds 10 days again?
2015-3-10
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

ChristoHD Posted at 2015-3-11 04:29
So if I understand correctly, while my bird (P2V+v3) is away at DJI repair and upgrade camp, my full ...

I have an Inspire so different batteries but from the images, it appears it has the same controls.  Can't you just turn on the battery with it outside of the bird and it slowly discharge down to somewhere comfortable like 30% at which time you can turn it off.
2015-6-13
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hey guys - being into RC for decades I know what it takes to take care of LiPos. So I was amazed there's no proper way to bring Phantom batteries to a correct storage level quickly (their auto-discharge takes a minimum of 3 days which is not fast enough for me). So I created a little gadget to do just that. I call it the Phantom Angel and I bulk ordered the boards so that I can provide (almost at cost) to anyone who's interested. More info at http://phantomangel.rocks

2015-8-18
Use props
ChristoHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21818 ft
United States

protocrash Posted at 2015-8-18 19:11
Hey guys - being into RC for decades I know what it takes to take care of LiPos. So I was amazed the ...

Cool to know - FYI to all those who tried to answer me - the batteries have set since 3/11 until now - when I pushed the button - they still had 100% charge - so this means that NOT all of their batteries have that discharge feature - so now how does one tell which ones do and which ones do not? Is there some sort of marking or code on the batteries? TIA
2015-8-21
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipogu ... ntom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto
2015-10-29
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel (a dedicated P2/P3 battery storage discharger) a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipogu ... ntom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto
2015-10-29
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

After10 days the battery starts the discharge cycle which takes many days for it to self discharge. If you push the button to look at the number of led's you can tell the status of the battery, however every time you push it you interrupt the discharge cycle and it starts over. Anytime you see less than the four led's you know it's dropping.
2015-10-30
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hey Roy, spot on. You can actually configure the battery to start self-discharging after 1 day but it still takes a total of 3 days to reach the proper storage level. That's why a lot of people prefer investing 20 bucks in the Phantom Angel and be able to discharge to storage level in 25 minutes!
2015-10-30
Use props
davidbeard
New

United Kingdom

Do I need to leave my battery in my DJI phantom 3 standard when discharging and dose it need to be on. Thank you
2016-5-28
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

davidbeard Posted at 2016-5-28 21:58
Do I need to leave my battery in my DJI phantom 3 standard when discharging and dose it need to be o ...

Fly up to 20%, then at home with  battery cold, turn on the phantom and leaves the engines off, leave it so until the phantom turn off.
2016-6-1
Use props
bdmxz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72385 ft

how i discharged my batterys, i went out to fly my bird.. did a few rounds a field till the bird wanted to land do to low batterys, i kept it with in a few feet of me and pushed the stick up so the bird would still try to climb but only enough to keep it about 1 foot above the ground.
2018-10-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

bdmxz Posted at 2018-10-7 09:14
how i discharged my batterys, i went out to fly my bird.. did a few rounds a field till the bird wanted to land do to low batterys, i kept it with in a few feet of me and pushed the stick up so the bird would still try to climb but only enough to keep it about 1 foot above the ground.

Its an old thread ......

But anyway - WHY did you do that .... its a total waste of time and you are dragging your batterys down risking damage. Even though the battery board is supposed to stop you going too low ... its still not advised.

Nigel
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules