2710 6 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Hey Guys,
my Mavic arrives on Monday and i still have a question about the Tripod Mode.
If this question is still answered so please close the thread
So now...
I get it on monday and the weather hear in germany is damn ugly so i want to try it first time indoor.
Maybe this question is a little bit stupid but this is my first dji product ^^
Do i have to watch out or do some settings before the "virgin" flight goes on?
Because i dont want to start it in the living room and take it on the roof to crash
Is there a chance to get in tripod mode before i get up in the air?

Greetings

2016-11-10
Use props
MxXS4JMpkqjj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

Did you get an answer to this? I have the same issue. I've seen screenshots showing Tripod mode in the dji go app main settings, but I don't have that.
The only place i find it is when selecting flight modes on the screen, and if I select it, it says it can't do that until the unit is in flight.
I know I've seen demo videos where they turn on tripod mode before taking off indoors. Why can't I do that too?
2016-11-29
Use props
advernex
lvl.1

United States

Just wait for a good day!! I just got my Mavic in yesterday and was excited to fly it. The drone started to drift backwards, and chopped a few window blinds. Lol. I was able to catch it before it could rip everything apart. If you do decide to fly it, keep it away from your TV haha! Take off at a low position (floor), as taking off on a high table, your drone may hit your ceiling.
image.jpg
2016-11-29
Use props
advernex
lvl.1

United States

Also, you might not be able to use the tripod mode indoors, refer to http://forum.dji.com/thread-70927-1-1.html
2016-11-29
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

you can use the ATTI mode indoors, which is automatically set if the drone does not connect to GPS.
i have flown indoors and here are my suggestions:

- try to have as much unobstructed room as possible around the drone
- try to have as much light as possible.   Light is very important for the drones cameras to see without GPS
- do not use a glass table to take off.  use the floor and try to have some pattern so that the drone can recognize that there is something there.

I was scared at first, but i was able to fly (hover really) indoors.
2016-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very risky - def use prop guards
2020-10-16
Use props
SHERLOCKHOLMES
Second Officer