Footage looks bad
1718 10 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

Just put together a few clips before i go further can peeps check out the footage see what it looks like on there devices as my laptop acer v3 772g looks grainy, rubbish infact...i shot in DLOG and color corrected in premiere pro cc 2017....any tips advice welcome, as im getting disgruntled with my p4 as it seems my video is sub par to peoples i have seen from here and yt.

2016-11-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My first suggestion would be to try shooting in normal mode, not D-LOG and see how it goes. Most of your footage is really under-exposed, lacking in sharpness and it does not look like you have processed the material much at all.. DJI have a LUT you can download on their web site, you might try applying the LUT in Premier.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The footage seems to be fine. To clarify, what resolution are you filming at?
2016-11-10
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

@DJI-Jamie i was shooting at 3840 2160 29fps
@Geebax thanks ill take a look, also ill try apply more exposure and check the LUT out
2016-11-10
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just a update, i went back to my ipad pro i tried all 3 colors dji none cine and log, these all look amazing shot in 4k rendered to 1080 i applied the LUT as mentioned above and footage looks really really good, iv no idea what the issue is with the shield k1, i have completely reset the shield re did the same settings etc and footage is again (crap) i dont know why or how i think the issues was with the shield.

what you guys think of this is it any better?

2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-11-13 04:17
Just a update, i went back to my ipad pro i tried all 3 colors dji none cine and log, these all look ...

The lighting is different in comparison to the other video so it does bring out more color, but this one does look great.
2016-11-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-11-13 07:17
Just a update, i went back to my ipad pro i tried all 3 colors dji none cine and log, these all look ...

It certainly looks better, your only remaining problem on that day was the relatively dull light on the day.
2016-11-12
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-12 23:33
It certainly looks better, your only remaining problem on that day was the relatively dull light o ...

That's the best we get in the uk, after this quick shot the rain started I seen a quick opportunity and took it, just about to go out again reading learning and testing is the key.
2016-11-12
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

When I produce the edited video, it comes out a lot darker and has lots of noise especially the shadows blacks etc
2016-11-13
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Im back with a DLOG i did earlier this week while trying to get to grips with editing, now iv managed to put something together from DLOG that looks more real and to me looks pretty decent but really would like your input as its got me to what i have now.

1st it DLOG
2nd is added DLOG lut from dji (found more variations since on google) added auto color correction
3rd exported from 4k to 1080, added export back into APP and added adobe LUT clean cut think its called

exported

on my pc screen looks life like on phone on yt looks so much more darker, i think my screen is way out :-/ may need to buy a new screen for my main pc as laptop isnt producing correctly

2016-11-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-11-14 08:18
Im back with a DLOG i did earlier this week while trying to get to grips with editing, now iv manage ...

The third version is definitely better, the others are way underexposed and thin looking. I think you could still lift the exposure more when shooting though.
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules