Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tripod Mode
1465 6 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Had a new experience with tripod mode today. At home, after take off initiated tripod mode and flew sedately around the garden. I had 14 satellites before take off and no problems going into tripod mode. During the flight in tripod mode I flew under my car port and lost satellites but it flew in with vision sensors ok.
Later that day went to a friends house to do the same kind of flight. Had difficulty getting enough satellites to start flying but eventually had 12 but tripod mode had disappeared from the flight mode menu. Couldnt get it even after restarting with 11 satellites, I flew in normal mode and everything was ok.
Went home immediately and tried  tripod mode again after getting 15 satellites quite quickly. No problem the tripod mode once again appeared in the options and it flew in that mode.
Questions, does the Mavic need good satellite coverage to enter tripod mode or even allow it to appear in the menu options?
Also once into tripod mode and flying what are the consequences of losing satellite coverage?

2016-11-10
Use props
kurofaust
lvl.1

United States

Yes I would like to know if that would have an effect in a place like Africa. I have the same question in mind. Will be going to Africa with my wife soon. Home the get back to us.
2016-11-10
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

The "G" in GPS is for Global. The only regions where GPS is not effective is near the poles.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

if it loses satellite coverage, it will use the VPS and will still fly stably.

That might be a bug in the DJI Go app, I've seen it before, the Tripod Mode disappear issue.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

kurofaust Posted at 2016-11-11 14:42
Yes I would like to know if that would have an effect in a place like Africa. I have the same questi ...

It won't have any issue in Africa. Probably a  socket converter for the charger
2016-11-11
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-11-11 19:33
The "G" in GPS is for Global. The only regions where GPS is not effective is near the poles.

That's where GLONASS adds utility. It's got global coverage too, but is optimised for the top end of the globe - ie the northern latitudes covered by the Russian Federation.
2016-11-11
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

every time I have that issue , I just close the App and relaunch the App so the tripod mode come back even in my apartment with no satellite locked
2016-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules