First Mavic flight in Tasmania?
1605 15 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Here is my first test flight of the Mavic Pro. I flew it near Mt Cameron, a granite mountain in north eastern Tasmania. Not the best video shooting conditions with clouds and hazy atmosphere but the granite rock formations showed up well. I tried getting up close to the rock faces but wasnt game enought to invoke the guidance avoidance capabilities of the Mavic at this early stage.
I was a bit upset when on staring the Mavic got an update warning in an area with internet or phone coverage so please excuse the beeped language as this is the second time this kind of thing has happened. Not quite sure how I got the message unless it cached it from an earlier location.

2016-11-11
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

nice video mate, I was there this time around last year
2016-11-11
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Good old Aussie scrub....got a bit of a lump in my throat watching this. Just got home from Ayers Rock and the Olgas for a month....didnt want to come home...
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me! ....you know the rest!! Im 56yo...havent been to Tassie since I was 11yo.
2016-11-11
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Here is another flight with the Mavic Pro. It was shot at 4K and reduced to 1080P in editing. I also zoomed, panned and recomposed some parts of the video. This is one advantage of shooting in 4K and then output in 1080P, no sharpness loss over standard 1080P.

2016-11-17
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

awesome, cant wait to get mine.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What beautiful scenery.
And you don't have to update if don't want to.
Next time if it happens when your out with the Mavic, don't update and do it when you are free.
2016-11-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Did you buy direct from DJI or elsewhere. I am still waiting.
2016-11-17
Use props
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2016-11-18 18:01
Did you buy direct from DJI or elsewhere. I am still waiting.

I bought from DJI direct but it was a very early order. I have confidence in DJI products. Can't wait for my Phantom 4 Pro + with super bright screen.
2016-11-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Need to look after that jello. Some shots have it. Not sure why. Havent seen it on many mavics.
2016-11-24
Use props
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Australia

On what point did you see the jello? I did quite a bit of zooming and movement post production also I havent got my ND filters for the mavic yet so shutter speeds were quite high 1250-2000.
2016-11-28
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

I might have pipped you with the first flight. :-) First flew mine on 17th Nov.

Was super-lucky to get one through Walch Optics in Hobart, I believe from the first Australian shipment to resellers. Love it! heading off to NZ on Thurs to shoot a story for my magazine. Will be great to add that third dimension to shots and film. Most of my work is backcountry so haven't been able to justify the extra space of the bigger drones until the Mavic came along.

Enjoy yours!
2016-11-28
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Here is some of my latest Mavic video taken along Tasmania's stunning east coast. Later on, flying in strong winds on a high bluff I maNaged to crash the Mavic into a steel handrail. I had all the sensors on including the safe landing sensors and as per plan the Mavic hovers for a few seconds before landing with left stick down. In retrospect it would have been faster and safer to switch this off and and quickly land  manually. You learn something every day. Fortunately only broken propellors and it is flying perfectly again.

2016-12-22
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

wow...I love that last video of the beaches and rocks...what amazing colors on the rocks!
2016-12-22
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

2016-12-22
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

ouch...what was the extent of the damage? Just some prop damage I hope and not the camera or gimbal?
2016-12-23
Use props
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Australia

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-23 16:06
ouch...what was the extent of the damage? Just some prop damage I hope and not the camera or gimbal?

Yes one of the props broke but no other damage at all, flying perfectly with new props, ordered more props direct from dji and got them in 4 days.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules