Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses
8010 24 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

I noticed the SkyPixel contest is given a set of Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses as a prize.

Anyone have any official release date, i just see late 2016 listed for them.

Any cost estimate on them...... my google-fu is slacking today

2016-11-11
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Epson UK originally said October 2016 but now my pre-order is December 2016. The UK price is now £719 inc VAT.
2016-11-11
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Belgium

Where did you pre-order from Peter?
2016-11-11
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Epson UK web site. You actually buy a £100 voucher that entitles you to get an early order in and the £100 applied as a discount.

https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/campaigns/preorder

Note they still talk about October in the but the main product page now says December.
2016-11-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-11 21:27
Where did you pre-order from Peter?

USA site:  http://moveriobt300.prelaunch.com/

I've heard of the December 2016 date too, but they've been pushing ads out for them since the early part of 2016 with some saying September, then October, etc. and still nothing.

Somehow I think it will be in 2017 as DJI GO needs to be setup for them and that can take some time.  I'd also suspect there will be sundry software update bugs to work out once they do.  They still need to play catch-up with the Mavic and maybe the Inspire 2 as well.  That's a lot of gear to try and maintain in a short time period, and each GO seems to introduce problems someplace.

I'm interested, but I'd like to see some real world reviews once they get into some consumer's hands before buying them.  Price may be a bit high at $799 on the pre-launch compared to the dropping prices of the fulll-face goggles that are flooding the market.  For that price, they should be and run plu-perfect without going Karma.  Have to wait and see.
2016-11-11
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Belgium

832 euro..... need an extra job i think
2016-11-11
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine is now on it's way to me and will be with me on 28th December. There is also the DJI GO4 available on moverio apps
2016-12-22
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Belgium

How much iclubb and where did you purchase
2016-12-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I got to play with them in person at the Drone Expo in Los Angeles earlier this month.  Eric said they were to become available on Amazon mid-Jan. 2017 and also on their website.  The model you want is the BT-300-FPV model that has the GO app installed and comes with the clips for the DJI RC controller to hold its touch-pad device and the sunshades so you can see the display in bright sun.  Battery run time is claimed 3 hours with the power-hungry GO app and it's charged through the mini-usb port on the device.  Price (USA) quoted was $799 for the FPV model.

I'm still waiting to see what others say on their reviews of them.  They should circumvent the current goggles where one needs a spotter too with current FAA rules since you can see through them both.  That see-through part may be confusing and might take some getting used to, imho, so I'm on the fence about it now.  Their ads show what looks like a cut and paste image in them middle of the lenses where it actually is transparent and more of a ghost effect.  Anna, Eric's side-kick at the event, said people don't seem to get as nauseous with them as some do with the goggles since you also have a point of ground reference.  Dunno.

2016-12-22
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Belgium

Thank you very much for the write up fansa84fe8a4, some interesting points made.

2016-12-23
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-12-22 14:25

I ordered direct from Epson back in mid September. When I ordered it was £638 but they are now selling for £719
2016-12-23
Use props
iclubb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-12-22 14:25

I ordered direct from Epson back in mid September. When I ordered it was £638 but they are now selling for £719
2016-12-23
Use props
fans04a1509f
New

Germany

bei 2016.12.22 11:20 Posted iclubb
- Mine ist jetzt auf dem Weg zu mir ist und wird mit mir am 28. Dezember. Es gibt auch die DJI GO4 auf Moverio Apps

Ich habe die BT 300. Leider gibt es  DJI Go4 app nicht Moverio Store, Und Wenn man sie denoch läd lauft sie nicht, Hat Einer Eine Lösung?

2016-12-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I see two versions on the Moverio USA site:  A Developer's version, and the more expensive FPV version.  Developer's is $779 and the FPV one is $799.  I recall they told me at the show I wanted the FPV version as it had the GO installed and the outdoor sunglasses part and clamp clips for holding the Moverio's touchpad in the remote.

Didn't think to ask which version of GO is installed in the FPV version since GO 4 seems anything newer than the Mavic, and GO 3 is prior Mavic?  Don't know where that leaves the P3 or P4 models or Inspire 1 people.

http://moveriobt300.prelaunch.com/
2016-12-24
Use props
tcchow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9647812 ft
Hong Kong

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-25 03:53
I see two versions on the Moverio USA site:  A Developer's version, and the more expensive FPV version.  Developer's is $779 and the FPV one is $799.  I recall they told me at the show I wanted the FPV version as it had the GO installed and the outdoor sunglasses part and clamp clips for holding the Moverio's touchpad in the remote.

Didn't think to ask which version of GO is installed in the FPV version since GO 4 seems anything newer than the Mavic, and GO 3 is prior Mavic?  Don't know where that leaves the P3 or P4 models or Inspire 1 people.

My pair arrived just on time(on the 24th Dec),  many many gethering to go, doesn't have time until today.
I had 5 flights to day 4 in the noon time and 1 at the early evening.
During the noon flight, everything seems to be normal as using Andorid phone, the picture are smoother then my S7 edge. Although it is quite bright but in the noon time, it is better to have a heat on. At the evening flight I need to pull the bar  back to half of the brightness.
Maybe you guys want to know, can that glasses to be root? I can tell you it just doesn't like the bt200, I used Baidu z root, Kingo, king 4 but none of them works ( and mess up with the OS, because it give me almost 20 second of delay after I messing around. But I factory reset it, everything back to normal.) Not just the one click apps but the PC version aswell.
The dji go apps come with it, is 3.1 but I change it to 3.1.1 to see any differents , only noticed the AMap is not therer anymore. Will need more time to figure out how can I install the Google service pack on to it.

My advise for those of you, better not to grap it to fly stright out of the box, because you need to play around with the setting and the nose supports ( I spended more than an hour on the supports ) and please be gentle to the glasses.......... it cost hell a lot of money!
2016-12-26
Use props
tcchow
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I use 3M dual side tape to hold it in place
IMG-20161226-WA0012.jpeg
2016-12-26
Use props
fans0d6becea
lvl.1

United States

tcchow Posted at 2016-12-26 03:50
My pair arrived just on time(on the 24th Dec),  many many gethering to go, doesn't have time until today.
I had 5 flights to day 4 in the noon time and 1 at the early evening.
During the noon flight, everything seems to be normal as using Andorid phone, the picture are smoother then my S7 edge. Although it is quite bright but in the noon time, it is better to have a heat on. At the evening flight I need to pull the bar  back to half of the brightness.

any luck installing google play store?
2017-1-15
Use props
tcchow
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fans0d6becea Posted at 2017-1-15 09:29
any luck installing google play store?

Try all different methord..... but the answe is no
XDA is the only hope
2017-1-15
Use props
dreamflights
lvl.1

Russia

AR Drawing on the sky by Phantom

For those who are interested in flying Phantoms with Augmented Reality today, the new v1.8 of Dream Flights app (has been released yesterday, iOS, free version available) supports drawing on the sky the path of your bird in colors of your choice. Also drawing AR "obstacles" on the sky like gates and hoops to exercise in flying through them is possible now.
See details at "Copter drawing" section at http://www.dreamflights.pro/how.html
CopterDrawSS22small.jpg
2017-1-19
Use props
fansd9e5016a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

tcchow Posted at 2016-12-26 04:00
I use 3M dual side tape to hold it in place

so it works with inspire 1/2?
2017-1-21
Use props
tcchow
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fansd9e5016a Posted at 2017-1-21 13:04
so it works with inspire 1/2?

Yes. It does
2017-1-22
Use props
fansb4860676
New
Flight distance : 262756 ft
United Kingdom

EPSON BT 300 MOVERIO  - IS THIS THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES ?

Ok so having waited patiently for 3 months from reserving an order for the new Epson Moverio BT 300 I returned from recent trip to Australia over Xmas all excited to find my new pair of augmented glasses waiting for me……………………..

Firstly, when I reserved my BT 300’s there was no option given to me for the DJI version which I understand differs from the standard pack in that in comes with a set of dark shades, DJI App pre-installed and a receptor for holding the Android based controller in the DJI Controller Device receptor.

Ok so I fired up the Android unit, connected the glasses and downloaded the DJI APP. The first thing I noticed is that I am slightly short sighted so everything in my vision was slightly blurred – not enough to be a problem for watching a video steam but enough to make typing on the projected keyboard for things like your password difficult.  I decided to take it for a test flight anyway with my Phantom 4. It was a bright sunny day ideal for flying. First big problem I came across was that I could not see the projected screen against the back drop of the blue sky. The only way I could get any kind of sensible vision of the screen was to put my hand in front of the glasses for a black contrast or look at my black bag on the ground. Even when I attached the plastic shades provided by Epson it was still not possible to see the bird flying ………..hmmmm this is not good. So, I remembered that in one of the promotional videos on YouTube the Asian guy from Epson who was with some Drone enthusiasts out in the desert in the USA  testing the BT300’s pulled out a set of custom made shades from his pocket that mount on the front of the glasses – these were made by Rochester Optical in USA. Rochester Optical can also make bespoke prescription lens that will fit into the Epson glasses with a bespoke mounting. Ok so now I get on the internet and I order both the Rochester shades and prescription glasses. Within 5 days they arrive in the UK. Really impressed with Rochester Optical – quick turnaround, nicely packaged and the goods look quality – well done them.

So now back out to testing the Epson BT 300. Firstly, the Rochester shades were a big improvement for me It made the projected video much more visible against the back drop of a bright sky – but expectations I think still need to be tempered in a bright environment. The prescription glasses made everything in focus so now I can read the letters on the screen and type in passwords for the various Epson Apps such as the one for the DJI.

So, everything good I hear you say, unfortunately no…………. It would be no overstatement to say that my initial flight experience with the BT 300 is the biggest disappointment I have experience with new technology. Allow me to explain. Having spent additional monies on glasses and shades I find the big problem is with the quality of the project screen. Firstly, let me make it very clear My P4 works just fine, I have just returned from Australia have flown it out there for nearly month using my iPad tablet no problem. Back in the UK it works just dandy with the iPad. When I connect the BT 300 I am experiencing all kinds of issues, such as:

1.        Video lag – this can vary from a few seconds to 10 – 20 seconds
2.        Pixilation – picture break up
3.        Reduced screen size – this occurred when navigating from different menus.

Before anyone comments the area, I was flying in was free from the usual suspects such as power lines that may affect picture reception – in any event when I swapped back to the iPad no issue in picture quality.

The pixilation and time lag does not necessarily happen immediately it appears to kick in at random times but when it does the picture is truly awful…….. and I mean awful.

The problem I am having here is I can’t believe anyone would try and market these glasses for use with a Drone when, from own personal experience, it is unreliable and beset with what appears to be bugs. I am no expert but I suspect the issue is with the Epson / DJI APP. The Epson Android driven module works perfectly well with all the other EPSON APPS and there is nothing to suggest the Epson BT 300 unit or glasses are faulty. If it is an APP issue WTF are DJI and Epson doing releasing something that is so dire it clearly does not work.
It is still early days to get feedback from other users however I have found similar comments from other users through the net………….
I am puzzled by the chasm of what appeared to be Drone enthusiast on the internet who had raved about this product at various pre-launch trials before its official launch and the reality I have discovered…………….time will tell if this is another case of the Emperor’s New Clothes  or just new technology bugs that will quickly be addressed by the manufacturer.

I will hold off binning the BT300 until I get some answers from Epson / DJI
2017-1-29
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Belgium

Excellent post fansb4860676
2017-1-31
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Just as an FYI...I've been posting Epson Moverio BT-300 updates over on the Mavic forum"
Moverio BT-300 updates
2017-2-2
Use props
alexeyporubay
Banned

Ukraine

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules