Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't Calibrate my sticks
7693 6 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greggl55
lvl.1

United States

I get a beeping red light on my Remote Controller (Primary) and cant resolve by moving sticks. Also can not calibrate in the app. I move the sticks around in all directions several times as instructed but the "Finished" button never lights up no matter how long I move the sticks.

I then exit the calibration and resume operations and the beeping stops.

When I start up another flight the next day it is right back to beeping.

Little Help!
2016-11-11
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Greg,
Did you scroll down to the "done" button?

Mark G.
2016-11-11
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you also scroll the left wheel on the top left top of the RC ?  If you did the whole procedure and then pressed the finish button it should work .

donnie
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Worse case if the issue persists, please try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and relink the remote.

After that, you can try to calibrate the RC again.
2016-11-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen this before and it is easy to miss. You need to roll the gimbal wheel on the top left of the remote controller after you move the sticks. You will see the gimbal dial icon move in blue just as you did when the sticks were moved.

After completing the gimbal wheel movement the finished (done) button will be highlighted... press this and you will be all done

Rich
2016-11-12
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

Hey folks,

I  had a situation last weekend where I thought it was a fly away (drone was not responsive to sticks).  Turns out (from many on the forums reading logs) it was a stick calibration issue.  That made sense as prior to that I kept getting the BEEP BEEP when I turned on controller.

I'm home now and took it to my local big open park to test.  Once again I got the beeps.   I did the stick calibration (yes I did both sticks and the Gimble and yes I clicked finished when done.  Beeping stopped but sure enough if I turn it off and on, same thing. I did this a few times.  One one of the times when I moved the left stick, nothing registered.

So would the above mentioned RC reset be worth doing?

Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and relink the remote.

After that, you can try to calibrate the RC again.
2018-5-6
Use props
john
lvl.1

United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-5-6 06:04
Hey folks,

I  had a situation last weekend where I thought it was a fly away (drone was not responsive to sticks).  Turns out (from many on the forums reading logs) it was a stick calibration issue.  That made sense as prior to that I kept getting the BEEP BEEP when I turned on controller.

I am having a similar situation.  The left joystick does not register when pushing up and down (no blue line) during calibration so calibration never finishes.  

Were you able to resolve your issue?
2020-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules