Now we know it can't kill us. Lol
1730 17 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dropbars
lvl.1

United States

Video of the Karma shutting off in mid flight and falling on a random baseball player, hitting him on the head.
And the Karma is twice as heavy.

Side note: That fish eye lens looks horrible if the camera tilts even the slightest.  Gross.

Video deleted due to foul language.The OP can repost a different way to get to the video.
2016-11-11
Use props
Chappy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is bad news for everybody, last thing anybody needs is for a drone to fall out of the sky and risk people on the ground.

The more any of this happens the worse the laws are gonna get
2016-11-11
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Great just what this hobby needs. I wonder what brought it down,

Pilot error.
2016-11-11
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I've seen a vid of a P4 falling onto a woman's head, it just bounced off.

Of course having realized what it was the woman was then "whiplashed" which is funny, as her head barely moved. Same with the blades; they can cut your fingers and could blind someone but they're not the whipping blades of deadly doom they're portrayed as. The Mavic is even less dangerous than the Phantoms, as it's so much light and the props will fold up.
2016-11-11
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Nop, power issue
2016-11-11
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

I wish the DJI drones had the ability to record sound...

And I doubt that was a direct hit... A direct hit from a few hundred feet would have left a mark.

2016-11-11
Use props
fans74db5aff
lvl.1

United States

That hit the ground... not anybody's head.
2016-11-11
Use props
Dropbars
lvl.1

If you watch to the end it shows the guy rub his head and then check his hand for blood. Which is pretty much the universal gesture for getting struck on the head.

2016-11-11
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea it doesn't really look like it hits the guy.  He does touch his head, but it could have just been an arm or something.  Drone's have dropped out of the sky before and hit people in the head.  The odds are slim it's going to kill anybody.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Dropbars Posted at 2016-11-12 03:28
If you watch to the end it shows the guy rub his head and then check his hand for blood. Which is pr ...

Your video was deleted due to the foul language. Please follow forum rules and do not post videos containing obscene language.
2016-11-11
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

It did not hit him in the head...  It landed near him and the camera broke off, rolling to the guys feet.
2016-11-11
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Another one. Again, caused by power dropout. Love watching the GoPro Karma crash and burn.

2016-11-11
Use props
Dropbars
lvl.1

Oops, sorry Ken. I had the sound off and didn't realize the guy dropped the F bomb at the end. Lol
2016-11-11
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Not sure if someone already mentioned but I read last night (wish I copied the link) that GoPro was doing a major recall and simply giving refunds because they don't know what's casing them to randomly power down mid flight. All I remember was it was an article attached to a photography site I was looking at.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Dropbars Posted at 2016-11-12 06:13
Oops, sorry Ken. I had the sound off and didn't realize the guy dropped the F bomb at the end. Lol

No problem, just make sure if you post someone else's video you watch it to the end to make sure it will comply with the rules.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ecophobic Posted at 2016-11-12 06:34
Not sure if someone already mentioned but I read last night (wish I copied the link) that GoPro was  ...

If you Google it I'm sure it can be found.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Listen, if you post a video please make sure it does not contain any foul language.
If it does the video will be deleted and you will receive a warning. If you do it again it will result in a ban.
Take the time to watch the ENTIRE video, and if you can't do that then don't post it.
2016-11-11
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Even though the YouTube video I posted had a very small amount of swearing / foul language towards the end, it was just far too good of a crash to not post. Epic roll-over and the leaves falling down from the tree after the drone hit the ground, it was just lovely. Clear quality too, but the frame-rate it's recorded at isn't good.  
2016-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules