892 8 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

This stereograph was made using my P3P. A stereograph is two images taken at a slightly different perspective and when you use the "free view" method you will be able to see this image in 3D! To "free view" position yourself directly in front of the image. Be sure that your head is not tilted. Slowly cross your eyes as you look at the image. A third image will start appear between the two images you are looking at. Keep crossing your eyes till that third (center) image comes into focus and it will be in 3D!

DJI_0320.JPG
2016-11-11
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I had to click on the photo to enlarge it and stick my face closer to the screen but yup, it works!  (made my eyeballs hurt a little too!)
2016-11-11
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gil Posted at 2016-11-11 18:33
I had to click on the photo to enlarge it and stick my face closer to the screen but yup, it works!  ...

Actually, if you back off a bit you won't have to cross your eyes as much. After you view stereographs  for a while your eyes will seem to automatically cross when you see a stereograph.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
2016-11-11
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

Ha damn, that's pretty cool
2016-11-11
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

Ok, I must know how you perform this wizardry. I keep coming back to check the image out.

Are the different perspectives you capture pretty forgivable in terms of distance/angle/whatever your doing. Or do you have to be spot on and specific for it to work?
2016-11-11
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

, I see it now, there's a big dolphin hidden in the picture, very cool
2016-11-12
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

iamsavi Posted at 2016-11-11 20:42
Ok, I must know how you perform this wizardry. I keep coming back to check the image out.

Are the d ...

So I take it that you were able to "Free view"? They are some who are unable to do this. You see in 3D because you have two eyes and they are set apart about 2 1/2 to 3 inches apart. If you hold your camera at one position and take your first shot with the subject in the center of the image. With your second shot, move the camera to the right or left about 3 ins. without changing the angle. In post production take both images side by side and while "free viewing" arrange the two images to get the best 3D effect. You might have ti swap the images to the opposite side . With your drone take the first shot, right stick left or right a bit and shoot the next shot
2016-11-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-11 14:23
Actually, if you back off a bit you won't have to cross your eyes as much. After you view stereogr ...

Aloha MJL,

Love this stuff!  And if you put your hands up and thumbs together like a movie director, you can block out the side images so you are just looking at the 3D image.  But right now I am going cross-eyed just trying to type!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules