Mic for iPhone 5S & Osmo Mobile [Edit:] Forget It
780 3 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
~flipper
New

United States

I'm using my Osmo Mobile with an iPhone 5S, and DJI Go, as well as other video apps. I've already bought, and returned, two different Rode mics, neither actually printed to the audio track. Is there a specific mic that someone actually "knows" will work in my setup, you know, from experience (as opposed to "should, could, ought to... etc)? Bonus points... I could really use attentuation, if possible, like -10db. -20... whatever, but at least a -10db pad...

2016-11-11
Use props
~flipper
New

United States

Oh well, skip it. I had a video shoot set for today, about 250 miles away, cancelled... No rush on the mic thing. Meanwhile, the DJI Go app is so flaky and inconsistent, it turns the Osmo Mobile into an a occasionally useful "toy." These people need to hire a couple of 13 year-old engineers.
2016-11-12
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

~flipper Posted at 2016-11-12 06:51
Oh well, skip it. I had a video shoot set for today, about 250 miles away, cancelled... No rush on t ...

2016-11-12
Use props
~flipper
New

United States

Thanks, yeah, seen it. One, he's talking about a Samsung phone, irrelevant, and two, there's little indication that his audio is being supplied by any external mic, whatsoever. I get better audio-in, than this video has, from my builtin mic on the 5S. My need for an external mic as based primarily on needing a -10 or -20 db pad on the recording (incoming) level.
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules