Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Formatting the SD Card
73766 14 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft

Two questions.... How do I format the SD card in the mavic pro? Second is can I earse the files on the sd card without reformatting? My card was full, I took it out of the Mavic, copies the files onto my hard drive then deleted the files. When I put the card back into the Mavic, I got an error reading indicating the card was full.
2016-11-11
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Connect to aircraft with DJIGO app. Press the settings button immediately beneath the shutter release/Video button on the screen.Select rightmost of three tabs. Second last item. Format SD card.
Dunno what your second Q is exactly. But don't delete files on the SD card using your computer. Format it in the aircraft from now on and you should not see that error.
2016-11-11
Use props
Gringo
lvl.1
United States

Once I formatted the SD card in the Mavic I can no longer delete the content on it using my computer.  The option is greyed out.  I have just been downloading the content to my computer and then reformatting the card in the Mavic.  If there is another way to delete the stuff I would be interested.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Above post answers your first question.
2nd question, are you using a PC or Mac, if deleting the files on a Mac empty the trash too.
But doesn't really matter as your first question would take care of that.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Gringo Posted at 2016-11-12 11:44
Once I formatted the SD card in the Mavic I can no longer delete the content on it using my computer ...

You should be able to delete the files on the SD card, anyways I always format with the aircraft and have never has an issue.
2016-11-11
Use props
Rick A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3566 ft
Canada

Logger Posted at 2016-11-12 11:25
Connect to aircraft with DJIGO app. Press the settings button immediately beneath the shutter releas ...

Perfect and thanks to all who replied. I would just add one more thing... Select rightmost of the tree tabs. Scroll down to the second last item. Needed to scroll down to find it as it was not visible at first. Formatted the card with no problem, again thanks.
2016-11-11
Use props
fans25462d56
New

United States

SD Card format
2017-2-25
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Tried different formats, exfat, fat32 with different size allocation units. They all worked. Flying with fat32 4096 allocation right now.
2017-2-25
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

Have always formatted the card from my Mavic AND P3P on my PC after transferring files. Have never had ANY issues.
2017-2-25
Use props
fansdf00aecc
lvl.1
United States

what is the link to format or update the mavic pro
2017-6-3
Use props
CeeJaa56
New
United States

Logger Posted at 2016-11-11 19:25
Connect to aircraft with DJIGO app. Press the settings button immediately beneath the shutter release/Video button on the screen.Select rightmost of three tabs. Second last item. Format SD card.
Dunno what your second Q is exactly. But don't delete files on the SD card using your computer. Format it in the aircraft from now on and you should not see that error.

Well that was easy. Thanks!
2017-6-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - always format the Micro SD card within the app - a quicker route is to bring up the aircraft status menu, scroll to the bottom and tap format next to 'remaining SD card capacity'. Also, the Ultra version of the Sandisk range has a much slower MB/S than the extreme which DJI ship with all of their drones now. If after formatting using the app you still get this error then consider upgrading the card to a faster read/write speed.
2018-1-15
Use props
balans007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675082 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-15 11:24
Yep - always format the Micro SD card within the app - a quicker route is to bring up the aircraft status menu, scroll to the bottom and tap format next to 'remaining SD card capacity'. Also, the Ultra version of the Sandisk range has a much slower MB/S than the extreme which DJI ship with all of their drones now. If after formatting using the app you still get this error then consider upgrading the card to a faster read/write speed.

When I upgrade to a 64gb SD card for my Mavic Pro I formatted it on my computer first and then I created the same file directories on it that came on my original 16gb SD card from the manufacture.  It works fine however when I formatted it I used fat32 instead of fat32ex so the largest file I can record at one time is 4gb.

2018-3-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

General SD or microSD card advice is: Always format card in device that is going to do the recording (writing of data).
Record some videos and pictures, then see if devices you want to use for reading can read the recorded data.

Deleting files using drag-n-drop from SD or microSD card with a Mac; requires deleting files, emptying the Trashcan, waiting till empty completes, then software ejecting card, before physically removing card.
Otherwise the Deleted files are left on SD or microSD card in hidden form.

On Mac you can do 'Option + Command + Delete' to bypass Trashcan, and do a permanent delete.  
On some Mac OSs you can do a permanent delete using  "Delete Immediately" under File option of Finder.
2018-3-30
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I dunno... I've formatted the SD card in my MP from the AC and from the PC at times.  Never had a problem with either one.  The AC handles both ways with no problems
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules