Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP, can't link after update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

Boy I really screwed up!!!! Trying to upgrade firmware to 1.7.90 Banner was on my Go app but it would not  download so I decided to download the file on the SD card. Turned the  bird on and it was beeping like crazy. I accidentally turned it off.  When I turned it back on, I saw the camera light blinking like its  supposed to on an update. It looks like it did an update, I get FPV BUT I  cannot link to the controller. I've done the flipping of the S2 switch,  trying to link via the Go app and nothing.....no signal and lights are  flashing yellow......PLEASE HELP

Tried reinstalling 1.6.8 and still not able to link. I should have never updated, this thing worked flawlessly before. CAN YOU GUYS HELP??? I'm grounded.

2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you verify what firmware is on the aircraft via the About page? Have you tried clearing the SD card and reinstalling the Go app and reattempting the firmware update?
2016-11-12
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft

Look under the right side of the quad . If it is anything like the P2 , you should see a small round led .
If so , turn the controller on . Power up the quad .  Small led should be lit up at this point .
After it does .
push it one time with an object the size of a ballpoint pin .
It will begin to blink .

Take object off of small blinking led .
wait a couple of seconds( Not Long) , push the small led again .
After it changes color , test the controller .

Flip the quad upright , try to start motors .
If they start.......Win .
2016-11-12
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 16:10
Can you verify what firmware is on the aircraft via the About page? Have you tried clearing the SD c ...

Jamie,
About page shows N/A....it always had since I've owned the drone (about 2 mos). I have tried what you've state but will try it again....stay tuned.

BTW...I'm running Android and DJ Go app shows 3.0.1, that was updated last night
2016-11-12
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2016-11-12 16:36
Look under the right side of the quad . If it is anything like the P2 , you should see a small round ...

There is a linking process stated in the manual very similar to what you stated. I've tried it, controller will beep for a bit and then stop but the link light stays red and the bird continues to blink yellow. There is also a way to link it via the Go app but I get the same results
2016-11-12
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 16:10
Can you verify what firmware is on the aircraft via the About page? Have you tried clearing the SD c ...

Jamie,
I've cleared and reinstalled as you suggested, No banner at top of app and aircraft is still not linked to controller
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DanD2 Posted at 2016-11-13 06:54
Jamie,
I've cleared and reinstalled as you suggested, No banner at top of app and aircraft is stil ...

If you're not able to get the firmware batter to appear to reapply the firmware, you would want to contact the North American Support Center for service. They can be contacted at support.us@dji.com or call +1 818-235-0789 to get started with a RMA.
2016-11-12
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 18:37
If you're not able to get the firmware batter to appear to reapply the firmware, you would want to ...

OK, will do on Monday.
I bought this from a private sale (it was never used), will I still be able to service it? I don't have pop, individual that I bought it from is going to look to see if she can find it.
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DanD2 Posted at 2016-11-13 07:58
OK, will do on Monday.
I bought this from a private sale (it was never used), will I still be abl ...

They may be able try to determine warranty from the activation date, but that might not cover all the accessories. It would be preferred to get the proof of purchase, but you may be fine since it's primarily affecting the aircraft.
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules