landing gear stuck
840 7 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Hi ... the landing gear keeps getting stuck in up position ... it works fine going from down to flat.. but a soon as it goes into up position it will not come down for landing ... is there a adjustment for this... ? ... it feels like the arms are going up to far... when i hold it in  my hand when the gear is up and give it the ccommand to lower i feel the motor try but nothing happens... yes it is well lubricated...

2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what kind of surface are you trying to adjust the landing gear on?
2016-11-12
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-13 13:04
Could you clarify what kind of surface are you trying to adjust the landing gear on?

Hi Jamie... this is only happening when i take off and put the LG up... i have had to catch it, and do a slight adjustment with a screwdriver and then the LG will lower... it seems to jam in the up position ..  
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skycam Posted at 2016-11-13 10:13
Hi Jamie... this is only happening when i take off and put the LG up... i have had to catch it, and ...

Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you tried toggling the vision positioning system? Are the sensors clean?
2016-11-12
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-13 13:29
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you tried toggling t ...

i was running older FW and updated to latest... still the same... this inspire is one of 3 i have, and has had very little use... decided to sell it and went for a test fly and came across this problem...
2016-11-12
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-13 13:29
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you tried toggling th ...

i have tried everything ...still sticks in up position ... no hard landings this inspire is as new... i never used it...
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skycam Posted at 2016-11-13 10:42
i have tried everything ...still sticks in up position ... no hard landings this inspire is as new. ...

Have you tried cleaning the VPS sensors? Have you also calibrated the IMU as well?
2016-11-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Look inside the boot of the Servo motor that lowers and raises the gear, make sure no bit of gear are getting chewed up in there , if it looks ok add just a bit of 3 -1 oil or sewing machine oil , NOT WD -40.  also add just a touch of oil at all the hinge points on the outriggers and booms where it twists during movement .

This should fix it as long as it is not out of gear mesh and just a tad dry on the joints and gear.
**** I did read it when you said it is lubricated, just make sure the booms and riggers  get some oil also , any joint that moves with the landing gear going up or down lube , check for anything being to tight  also that may need adjusting .   

donnie
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules