Anyone using landing gear extensions?
4770 7 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maverick_1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332687 ft
Australia

Still waiting on a Mavic but in the meantime, I'm wondering about the short landing gear and whether some extensions are worthwhile. Something like this maybe: https://www.amazon.ca/Mavic-Land ... ding=UTF8&psc=1

Otherwise I guess you'd just use a landing pad.

Thoughts?
2016-11-12
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Thoughts? I think you're spamming with your own product, those are my thoughts.

Having said that, it's a welcome product so go for it.
2016-11-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I'm not sure I like the idea of adding anything extra to my drone. I'm sure they don't weigh much, but it makes me slightly nervous.

Is this a better solution than a portable landing pad? They look like they might take up a little less room than a small landing pad in your travel bag. They also look like they'd take a few seconds more to put on than just rolling out the pad. Neither of those should make a big difference, as far as I can tell.
2016-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think anything that makes your aircraft less portable slightly defeats the purpose, I suppose if your on dodgy ground or sand they might come in handy..
2016-11-13
Use props
Maverick_1
lvl.1
Australia

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-11-13 18:18
Thoughts? I think you're spamming with your own product, those are my thoughts.

Having said that, i ...

Not my product. I had just wondered if someone had already come out with something and found those on Amazon.
2016-11-13
Use props
Maverick_1
lvl.1
Australia

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 19:26
I'm not sure I like the idea of adding anything extra to my drone. I'm sure they don't weigh much, b ...

Yeah, I agree about adding things onto your drone, it does seem counter intuitive. I was just surprised to see how low the clearance is on the Mavic, esp the back of it. A small landing pad is prob a better solution and should easily slip into a backpack. Only issue might be when there's no nice flat ground. eg mountain top
2016-11-13
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-13 02:26
I'm not sure I like the idea of adding anything extra to my drone. I'm sure they don't weigh much, b ...

I agree. The intent of the drone is to be in the air, not on the ground. The purpose of the extensions is to have clearance in tall grassb when on the ground. Just dont take off or land in tall grass! Use a landing pad if needed. There are some compact, foldable versions on amazon now for the phantom and mavic for under $20, but there are even less expensive options too.

Adding protruding pieces and weight seems foolish to me. The mavic was not designed to have these on in flight. Snd they will only create more wind resistance. Maybe I dont like them because they look stupid. In any case... They are not needed.

Why not get and fly your mavic first, before pre-determining you need an accessory that DJI did not feel was necessary for the mavic.
2016-11-13
Use props
erathic
New
Flight distance : 155768 ft
France

i hope DJI come up with an official Landing gear option for the Mavic Pro.
Not for landing on the ground thought but for an easier/safer hand-catching landing (as on P3/P4)
It was an important feature for me.

2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules