Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi all

I heard from somehwere that Focus Peaking was added to the Mavic in the latest firmware update.

Can anyone confirm? And how is it?

Thanks

2016-11-13
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Focus peaking is not mentioned in the 'What's New' for the latest Mavic firmware:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67216-1-1.html

It might be handy, though, I guess.
2016-11-13
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Yes I know it's not mentioned. But found this in a group on FB:

true?

Can anyone confirm?

IMG_8381.PNG
IMG_8382.PNG
IMG_8383.PNG
2016-11-13
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

While I have seen lots of examples of manual 'tap-to-focus' being used, I find it strange that not a single video on YouTube has highlighted focus-peaking at work on the Mavic.

2016-11-13
Use props
eFvCdKBpuFfn
lvl.1

Germany

This Videos is Release at 10/26/2016, the Video shows the focuspeaking with the old firmware version
2016-11-13
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I watched about half the video, but it's in German and youtube's autotranslate was not able to keep up.

What part of the video shows focus peaking?
2016-11-13
Use props
eFvCdKBpuFfn
lvl.1

Germany

It starts at 5:37 min, you see the option where you can enable the focuspeaking, you can choose  none, 70, 80 and 90%. After that you can see red lines at the focuspoint
2016-11-13
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

eFvCdKBpuFfn Posted at 2016-11-13 23:16
https://youtu.be/3tW6LAAv_eM

This Videos is Release at 10/26/2016, the Video shows the focuspeaking ...

How interesting. There it is - contast edge highlighting focus peaking.

Not sure how useful it would be with a drone, but there is is.
2016-11-13
Use props
Somican
lvl.3
Flight distance : 485997 ft
Germany

maybe focus peaking is only available on IOS?

im on android 6.1 and there is no peaking and hardware decoding listed for me in the main setup menu.
2016-11-18
Use props
fans12be0e4d
lvl.1

Switzerland

any update on this ? I am also looking for this but can't find in android app :-(
2017-1-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-13 05:07
Not sure how useful it would be with a drone, but there is is.

Don't have my Mavic yet, but I would expect focus peaking to only be available when using manual focus, where it would become useful.
2017-1-6
Use props
airoscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
United States

I have had the Mavic since mid November and I can confirm that the focus peaking is available in both manual and auto focus modes. And I have this feature since day 1 on iOS.
2017-1-6
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

airoscar Posted at 2017-1-6 17:27
I have had the Mavic since mid November and I can confirm that the focus peaking is available in both manual and auto focus modes. And I have this feature since day 1 on iOS.

can you show a screenshot where you activate it? Im on adroid. Seems IOS and Android have other options.
2017-1-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-1-6 17:46
can you show a screenshot where you activate it? Im on adroid. Seems IOS and Android have other options.

Weird, I'm on iOS using the the 4.0.2 app and don't see focus-peaking settings where shown in the video, either. Maybe it's hiding.
2017-1-6
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

airoscar Posted at 2017-1-6 17:27

I have it too. Can you confirm it actually does something? If so, exactly what?
2017-1-6
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

It's not available on Android.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks, if you watch this Tom's Tech Time video (for an iOS device) - https://youtu.be/vUGT9Vfd6kY approximately ¾ the way in Tom describes the Focus Peaking in the camera settings menu. I thought I was going mad as I'm using Android and couldn't find it in my settings anywhere. It's a useful feature I have on my DSLR for when you are using manual focus. It basically changes the colour of the edges of things in your shot (just the image in your viewfinder, not the actual picture) when that part of the image is in focus. Sometimes it's not always easy (with my aging eyesight) to tell if you have your picture in sharp focus when focusing manually. Focus peaking really helps in this situation.

Just wish that the DJI software engineers would be consistent between Android & iOS versions of the GO software.
2017-1-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Jimney Posted at 2017-1-6 21:19
Hi folks, if you watch this Tom's Tech Time video (for an iOS device) - approximately ¾ the way in Tom describes the Focus Peaking in the camera settings menu. I thought I was going mad as I'm using Android and couldn't find it in my settings anywhere. It's a useful feature I have on my DSLR for when you are using manual focus. It basically changes the colour of the edges of things in your shot (just the image in your viewfinder, not the actual picture) when that part of the image is in focus. Sometimes it's not always easy (with my aging eyesight) to tell if you have your picture in sharp focus when focusing manually. Focus peaking really helps in this situation.

Just wish that the DJI software engineers would be consistent between Android & iOS versions of the GO software.

Great video, but I think he was using an older version of the app. In v4.0.2 of the iOS version there is no Focus Peaking setting as shown in Tom's video under the Enable Hardware Decoding setting. Instead, we see two items not in Tom's app, Live Streaming and Select Live Broadcast Platform.

I'm guessing focus peaking was removed from both iOS and aOS versions of the DJI Go 4 app.

I hope to see it return, because my poor eyes could also use the help when manually focussing.
2017-1-7
Use props
fansd382dfa2
New
United States

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-13 02:44
While I have seen lots of examples of manual 'tap-to-focus' being used, I find it strange that not a single video on YouTube has highlighted focus-peaking at work on the Mavic.

I've seen it on youtube
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules