Delays are good.
1667 13 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Nobody likes waiting for weeks on end for a new "toy", but as many on here have said before, delays can be a really good thing. Last firmware update for the Mavic Pro was released around 4 days ago and that fixed a remote calibration issue and optimized things mainly for the remote, but also for the drone itself. There were quite a few posts about controllability issues in general, including with the drone taking a mind of it's own and spinning by itself, and being unresponsive to the control commands. And those issues have been dusted away now. So the longer we wait, the better of a drone the Mavic Pro will be once it's in our hands.

Not just with soon-to-be released firmware updates but with revisions to the hardware while the drone's in factory. Hence why DJI are now calling all new and current orders of the Mavic Pro a pre-sale. A pre-order.

As for current owners of the Mavic Pro, they'll have to rely on new firmwares for now for any fixes and improvements, or wait for suggested small recommended recalls by DJI at a later date.

Receiving a Mavic Pro early will most likely have you ending up a bit like this guy below, wondering on what the hell's going on with it, and I know none of you would like that, including myself.

2016-11-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Ok what's the scoop? I've seen many Mavic owners get ready for take off and they turn on the Mavic first (like this guy) and then the controller. I thought you were supposed to turn on the controller then the Mavic. What's right, or does it matter? Also I'm guessing he didn't read the manual.
2016-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-13 14:03
Ok what's the scoop? I've seen many Mavic owners get ready for take off and they turn on the Mavic f ...

It does say in the manual, start controller first, followed by intelligent battery, and then dji go app, not sure if it makes a huge difference, but your correct , that is correct procedure.
And no delays are not good, they are frustratingly annoying.
2016-11-13
Use props
Soulhawk
lvl.1
United States

As someone who just got his Mavic 3 days ago and have already done about 8 flights since the 11/10 Firmware update I would like to say that I have not run into any problems at all. In fact the Mavic flies and handles better then my Phantom 3 advanced did. I feel confident that once you receive your drone that you will fall in love with it and you will forget all about the long wait time to get it.

FYI folks...I do want to give everyone a heads up to check your mavic thoroughly when you take it out of the box. I noticed they went a little crazy with the stickers in QA..one in particular was causing my camera to lightly vibrate during the start up sequence and it was very well hidden. It  is on the top part of the camera gimbal and the best way to find it is to manually aim your camera down towards the floor which will rotate the gimbal...you will then see the round sticker on top and gently remove it. Once i did that the vibration stopped.  I've included a picture for you as reference...
IMG_2431.JPG
2016-11-13
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Great post, will contact DJI immediately to ship yours as latest so you can be very sure to profit from every software update to come. Again thanks

2016-11-13
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Looking in the bright side.  Nice try I guess but with your logic you should just go buy a P3/4. The firmware has fully matured. The Mavic is a new platform. I want it ASAP and as an early adopter I expect a few hiccups and can deal with that.
2016-11-13
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

For the 1000th time -- the Mavic isn't a toy.
2016-11-13
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-13 17:12

I know. Thats why I put "toy" as most see it something they play with. It really all depends on why you're purchasing it in the first place. For e.g. I'm  purchasing the Mavic Pro so that on my days off from work, I can head out to the great outdoors and explore.
2016-11-13
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

Following. There seems to be many issues like this popping up even after the new firmware
2016-11-13
Use props
MasterT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14068 ft
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-13 12:12

Being way to literal, arent we? On that note, this wasn't "the 1000th time"
2016-11-13
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-14 01:12

actually it is both you can use it for recreational flying and for capturing photos
2016-11-13
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

so why did that noob try to launch it in the grass which is not a flat surface?
2016-11-13
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

cluc Posted at 2016-11-14 01:17
so why did that noob try to launch it in the grass which is not a flat surface?

And he switched it on while he was holding it, before setting it down while the IMU was initialising. Noticed the antennae being pointed straight out too - not that that should have much effect at that range - but it does show how little this guy knows about these craft.
2016-11-13
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-14 09:24
And he switched it on while he was holding it, before setting it down while the IMU was initialisin ...

Yep... It's like saying I can't eat my chocolate bar because the wrapper is still on.

cool photo btw!
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules