-2.7k better results than 4k?
-Art better than DLog?
What are your settings?
Thanks
2016-11-13
Use props
henk0
lvl.1

The last FW changed also the color profiles. So D-LOG ist good again? Or still recommended to use art?
2016-11-13
Use props
chanley380
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75659 ft

dlog doesn't suck...but it does look like shit upon initial playback, (whaaaaaaaaaat?...I paid all this money, it should just look awesome!...well...yes and no.). Also, you won't be able to see much, in bright sunlight, on the display attached to your RC.  Dlog is pretty much a raw/untouched/what the camera sees/flat format.  With that said, it captures ALL the color data...which means that it can be adjusted/color graded later in post.  this is a good thing. read more here. http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ults-awesome.69672/

I do think it's a little unfair to the product to be conflating "video quality" with "color correctness".  That's like saying my super fancy DSLR takes crappy pictures at night...when I really don't know how to adjust the camera settings properly.
2016-11-13
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

chanley380 Posted at 2016-11-13 16:21
dlog doesn't suck...but it does look like shit upon initial playback, (whaaaaaaaaaat?...I paid all t ...

What he said.
2016-11-13
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

it shouldn't if you know how to color grade, otherwise yeah, it would look washed out cz that's how the camera sees {:4_177:}
2016-11-13
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

chanley380 Posted at 2016-11-14 06:21
dlog doesn't suck...but it does look like shit upon initial playback, (whaaaaaaaaaat?...I paid all t ...

Can you do color grading in Final Cut Pro X?  What do you recommend?
2016-11-13
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

I'm not convinced by turning the sharpness down "in mavic".. that can easily be done post, right? I never set cameras to do in-camera post processing. (eg. I don't shoot with black and white setting on my camera - easily done in post and still have the original image).
2016-11-13
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

grozmo Posted at 2016-11-14 08:56
I'm not convinced by turning the sharpness down "in mavic".. that can easily be done post, right? I  ...

Its the other way round, you can always add sharpening in post production but you cant remove it, that is why its recommended to turn sharpening down to avoid common aliasing you see in a lot of P3/P4 videos. Particularly when you are down scaling 4k to 1080p. I have not shot with the Mavic, only Phantoms, but DJI cameras are known for having standard sharpness setting too high. I always shoot with sharpening at -3 and add some sharpening in in post.
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules