Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downlink Data Loss / False Left Stick Inputs - Uncontrollable Flight
1277 7 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oxYxd94edLJW
New
Flight distance : 895951 ft
United States

Sent a support request for an issue I had yesterday but wanted to start a thread here in case others were also having the same issue.

Yesterday I was flying my mavic under ideal conditions; I had direct line of sight in a vast outdoor environment with no real possibility of electronic interference.  There were mountains in the background, but no terrain in between me and the mavic.

My flight became problematic when the DJI app suddenly lost all video and live flight data. The controller seemed to still have a connection with the mavic and showed distance, speed and altitude -- but for whatever reason the app showed a disconnected transmission state despite the phone/controller cable being firmly attached. Eventually the signal came back (but intermittently cutting out later, as seen here) but then more problems occurred.

At only a short distance of 120 meters, the mavic began to yaw uncontrollably and sometimes descend. This occurred while I was not making any stick inputs. The flight log shows brief but extreme inputs on the left stick that did not physically occur. After it became evident this issue would not fix itself, I commanded the mavic to return to home. It then started a normal flight back with no anomalous movements. When I disabled RTH before touching down, the uncontrollable yaws came back. With a great deal of false stick inputs, it became extremely difficult to land the mavic.

A video of some of the uncontrolled movement can be found here: and the raw flight log can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v8cj42dh22kgdu/DJIFlightRecord_2016-11-12_%5B14-38-44%5D.txt?dl=0 Healthydrones version here: https://healthydrones.com/main?flight=ed4dd1048fbddf2b65abc22201ff96bc&page_id=GENERAL
After this flight I upgraded the firmware to the latest version (11-9). I was using the previous version during this problematic flight. I want to get a sense of what may have caused this issue before I fly again.

Anyone else having this issue?

2016-11-13
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

This issue has been reported a lot. But new fw update supposes to fix it. So it will be good to know how you go now.
2016-11-13
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Can you show screenshots of the firmwareversions?

Nevermind: saw you updated after... So not really relevant anymore that video. Would have been worse when it was on the new one.

Please put that in the Subject, as this is posted by you now today when new firmware is already 3 days out, people might think it is on the new firmware.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify the current firmware version?
Have you update it to latest version?
2016-11-13
Use props
Evan M
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-14 15:05
Could you please clarify the current firmware version?
Have you update it to latest version?

It was v01.02.0810 (the version directly before v01.02.0900).
2016-11-14
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

Evan M Posted at 2016-11-15 03:56
It was the version directly before v01.02.0900.

Now it's going to be good we should finally see if the new FW really fixed this issue. Please let us know how you go now. Lot of people are waiting for this answer. Thanks.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Evan M Posted at 2016-11-15 03:56
It was v01.02.0810 (the version directly before v01.02.0900).

Please update the firmware to latest version.
Let us know if this helps. Thanks in advance.
2016-11-14
Use props
Evan M
New
United States

The issue hasn't yet happened since upgrading to the new firmware. I'll post back here if the problem resurfaces.
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules