DJI care refresh question
1682 8 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7a27e147
lvl.2

Hi,

Simple question. I purchased and recieved my mavic from B and H this weekend and also purchaed the DJI care package with it. I havent yet recieved my activation code from DJI for the policy but should be in the next several days once the week starts. If i connect the drone, update it, and just play around with camera abd settings without actually flying it today, will that start my 48 hour window period to activate it? Should i just leave it alone until i have the activation code?

Thanks
2016-11-13
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish I had an answer for you, but I do have a question. I too ordered from B&H, to give the rest of us an indication of where they are in the queue, can you tell us when you ordered? Also, Fly Less or Fly More? Thanks in advance!
2016-11-13
Use props
fans7a27e147
lvl.2

United States

clarksbrother Posted at 2016-11-13 15:31
I wish I had an answer for you, but I do have a question. I too ordered from B&H, to give the rest o ...

Sep 27th, i think theyre supposed to get more this week.
2016-11-13
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7a27e147 Posted at 2016-11-13 16:05
Sep 27th, i think theyre supposed to get more this week.

That's what I heard as well, although I'm not hopeful as I ordered on Oct. 15
2016-11-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But I think you register the Mavic with the serial number, and then they issue a code for the Care Refresh if you purchased the Care Refresh. If you haven't purchased Care Refresh yet, you can also purchase it at this time. Can't say this is all true, but if not someone will set you straight.
2016-11-13
Use props
ferrari-458-ut
lvl.2

United States

I bet that would activate it. I would wait until you get the DJI care activation code to play around with it.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Since you bought the aircraft and DJI fresh at the dealer. I'd suggest you to activate the aircraft after you received the activation code.
2016-11-13
Use props
fansffbe0138
New
Mexico

clarksbrother Posted at 2016-11-13 12:31
I wish I had an answer for you, but I do have a question. I too ordered from B&H, to give the rest of us an indication of where they are in the queue, can you tell us when you ordered? Also, Fly Less or Fly More? Thanks in advance!

from BH i was waiting almost 3 months, than I lost it in a woods, Fom DJI about a month, but could not wait too long so bought another one on ebay  ONE DAY waiting for 1225$, than sold the ine from DJI for 1200. Of course get FLY MORE combo, you get the nice carying bagand aditional 2 bateries, I got another battery on ebay so I got 4 now and dont need more.  In FLY MORE you also get car charge and dock to charge 4 bateries.  And Yes I was looking in the forest with telemetry data ans satelite photos but no success.  So DJI if you read this, please install some transmiter on your drones so we can find it when lost...
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansffbe0138 Posted at 2017-2-15 09:06
from BH i was waiting almost 3 months, than I lost it in a woods, Fom DJI about a month, but could not wait too long so bought another one on ebay  ONE DAY waiting for 1225$, than sold the ine from DJI for 1200. Of course get FLY MORE combo, you get the nice carying bagand aditional 2 bateries, I got another battery on ebay so I got 4 now and dont need more.  In FLY MORE you also get car charge and dock to charge 4 bateries.  And Yes I was looking in the forest with telemetry data ans satelite photos but no success.  So DJI if you read this, please install some transmiter on your drones so we can find it when lost...

Many people have been helped to find lost drones by uploading the logs from the mobile device in use at the time of the flight. If you're interested in trying to find your first Mavic and still have the logs you should consider uploading them either here or here.
And in terms of tracking devices, there are existing third-party solutions, the most popular of which are the Trackimo and Marco Polo.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules