P3 4K Losing RC and video after firmware update 1.5.40
2626 9 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danatron
New

New Zealand

[size=14.6667px]My phantom 3 4k was great out of the box, but now with 1.5.40 on there I lose video around 40 m altitude and I lose RC shortly after. At this point it's pretty much unusable. I've seen so many people with this issue on forums but no real solution. Has anyone found a resolution for this issue yet? I am flying with the antenna in the correct orientation and not flying with the drone right over me. Using iOS app version 3.0.2
2016-11-13
Use props
luiso16
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

I do have the same situation, I get constant disconnect from the dji go application. Running video stops ans start everytime disconnection occurs.  I thought the so waited update for the P3 S was meant for the 4K as well, but learned that not.  In my case I was not able to fly right out of the box, but updated to the latest firmware 1.5.40 because it asked to do.  Now I am worried to fly.  Really do not know what's in the work for 4K owners, if anything........ Hope DJI can provide us with an answer.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Danatron, you have tried different open place, it's always acting like this? since it's WiFi image transmission, and easier to be affected by the interference around, please be far away from the interference.
Please fly it farther firstly, then higher.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

luiso16 Posted at 2016-11-14 08:58
I do have the same situation, I get constant disconnect from the dji go application. Running video s ...

May I know what mobile device you are using? please setup it as airplane mode when flying.
You could also check the WiFi signal around on your WiFi list, then be far away the interference.
2016-11-13
Use props
tjfazza
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same for me here. I was really happy to see that DJI had finally addressed the video transmission problems only to find that it was only for the Standard and not the 4K as well. Really hope they roll out an update for the 4K sooner rather than later. I fly it on my family's farm where there is no interference at all and on the latest version of the app on my iPhone 7.  
2016-11-14
Use props
luiso16
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-13 22:55
May I know what mobile device you are using? please setup it as airplane mode when flying.
You cou ...

Natalia, I am using an Ipad 2 mini, I just downgraded to previous firmware but have not been able to fly it yet.  Will advise.
2016-11-14
Use props
luiso16
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-13 22:55
You cou ...

Natalia, I am using an Ipad 2 Mini.  I just downgraded to previous firmware version to see how it goes. Have not been able to fly due to local weather, will advise once I do.
Thanks, luiso16
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

luiso16 Posted at 2016-11-15 08:35
Natalia, I am using an Ipad 2 Mini.  I just downgraded to previous firmware version to see how it  ...

That's ok, please keep us posted, we'd love to know the performance and will help you if any problems.
2016-11-16
Use props
Rafael Rocha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3875 ft
Portugal

I had the smae problem! same version 1.5.40. check my video:    you have the same issue? how do you fixe it?
2017-5-9
Use props
fansc0387e97
lvl.1

Slovenia

The error is in the application. I found that 2.4mhz works like 5mhz. If in the application you change from 5mhz to 2.4mhz and any channel you want, the dron will do the right thing. Simply put, the 2.4mhz application works for 5mhz while 5mhz works for 2.4mhz. Try it. That's right at least with me.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules