Video Cam showing temporary loss of GPS and erratic behavior
964 0 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I planned to just do an "up-and-down" flight to test the Mobius cam and video boom combination on the DJI Inspire.  The flight went well until I was bringing it in for a landing. It began to toilet bowl...but the LED light was still showing green. As you'll be able to see the LED starts flashing yellow and begins moving quickly away from the landing zone and toward the trees behind it. There wasn't enough wind, at the time to cause this quick movement....and if you listen to the engines, you can hear they seem to be a bit erratic. Fortunately, I had enough throttle control to send the Inspire above the trees. As you'll see...the GPS was re-acquired and the craft settled down a bit. I touched the RTH icon on the iPad and the Inspire began to descend...not return to home...just started descending. I had to take over to move it away from the trees and finally got it back safely. I feel very lucky to get the Inspire back at all. From now on no more flights in tight areas....and no more video boom flights. This is not meant as an attack on the Inspire...I have 40 flights in and think it's a great craft. I just wanted to show this as an example that sometimes anomolies can happen and that there may be a problem with a mysterious loss of GPS.

2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules