Do goggles give better dept percetion?
1235 5 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

I have watched a lot of videos, and reviews, but no one ever said the dept percetion was better.  I have learned to be very careful with my drones. Thankd to all of you. I want to get closer, but don't want to screw up.

2016-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I've used my P4 with Litchie and VRBox goggles. I use the goggles to 'fly with the eagles'  - a very different perspective than to the ground. Also, it's useful when the P4 has gone far and it's become hard to see (if at all), and therefore useful for navigating around distant objects.

Depth perception? Well, it's true that I was dubious about relying on the googles to get me very close to the spinning props (of 55m length) of a wind turbine recently (look for Lake George under the videos/photos - those photos were from a 4K video taken while wearing goggles). But afterwards, looking at the photos I wasn't as close as I thought with the goggles, but then I'm happy to have been tricked with a slight margin...
2016-11-13
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

Is there a way to over come the dept perception, that I believe, I am having? I want to be able to get over a salmon stream, and show the fish. But, not have my drones TRY to swim like a salmon. LOL
2016-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

AnchorageAk Posted at 2016-11-14 13:48
Is there a way to over come the dept perception, that I believe, I am having? I want to be able to g ...

Haha. Well, you do have the height indicator. I assume that's relative to take off point, so if that point was at the edge of the salmon stream then the trick is to not take the drone down to -1 in height... :-)
2016-11-13
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

Just yesterday my friend and I were doing just that. I would not use the goggles, we  had both head play and fat shark Vr3 with us and besides death perception you can't see up, down with out gimble roll or that well to the sides. He did film some salmon and did drown his drone. He hit some twigs. With out goggles. It sits in a box of rice as I type. The shallow stream, clear water and flashing lights we quickly recovered it. I was buzzing around as well and shot the picture from my p4. I have practised flying through narrow places with the goggles and its fine if there are no branches, wires and birds in the wild its much harder. We have a spotter - for the cougars.[img][/img]
graham.jpg
2016-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansb885c69e Posted at 2016-11-14 15:08
Just yesterday my friend and I were doing just that. I would not use the goggles, we  had both head  ...

A spotter for cougars? 8-O   I didn't realise that drone flying could be so dangerous!  Well, OK, I suppose I could be at risk of being rubbed the wrong way by a disgruntled sheep... Nice photo, btw.
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules